Voidbound Voyagers Roleplaying Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Pixelstomp, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Spartacus805

Spartacus805 Aquatic Astronaut

As Scar's vision slowly clears, he finds a shooting pain on his left shoulder. His mechanical arm had been smashed, and sparks were flying out of it. His shoulder had a deep cut, and he thought it must've been a blade. Gritting his teeth, he grabs a bandage he kept on standby.

It was dark, the lights were only barely flickering, and he could figure out Dark, barely alive. He tried to get up, but felt pain as trying to do so. He had 2 red stimpacks, and decided to use one. He managed to uncovered the cap on one, and threw it at Dark, as he seemed too weak to even use it.

It hit him straight in the arm. Scar began feeling a bit better, and so did Dark. He slowly got up, limp-walking towards Dark. He extends his right hand towards him, saying. "
    None of us are going to die here. Get up." He looks at Cloud, and realising that it's dark out, puts him in a good position, as he knew that he was vulnerable to the darkness. Pixelstomp seemed rather OK, but damaged none-the-less. "Wait.." He said. "Where's Paillan?" He removes some rubble, finding Paillan underneath. Luckily he was not seriously injured. "Thank God everyone's ok." Scar says, relieved.

A little after, Dark and Scar hears someone outside. "
    They are talking in a western voice." Said Dark. "It might be that Novakid we were going to meet." Replied Scar. "Come on, help me with this emergency exit, if you can."

((Can we talk in POVs?))

Pixelstomp likes this.
  2. Dark Ruin

Dark Ruin Orbital Explorer

Dark couldn't think too clearly, his head was still pounding,and he still felt dizzy, but he could move. "Hang on till I can check to make sure my head's not still bleeding." He ran his hand across the back of his head where the cut had been, and as well as feeling the older blood he still felt a small flow of fresh blood. Whatever Scar had given him it had worked well, but it hadn't fixed him completely. He quickly grabbed a bandage from his bag, that he could now see was ripped, and quickly wrapped it round his head to cover and apply pressure to the cut area while leaving his hands free. "Ugh, some start." He muttered to himself before moving beside scar and the emergency exit.

"Hold up, let's see if I can find an easy way with this." Dark held his hand up to his scanner and switched it on. How it had remained intact through the crash he didn't know. He turned it on and scanned the door. Seemed as though something was leaning against it with some force, and on of the sides it seemed to have collapsed in on itself, folding the door to the structure. He leaned against it gently and found that whatever was leaning on it was thoroughly blocking it. If the side wasn't folded into the ship they might have stood a chance but... "Nope, it's stuck. something's blocking it from the outside. the Novakid is going to have to move it before we can get out, unless we can find another way out. Didn't that thing rip out the windscreen? Any chance of a way out there?"

He had another plan to escape, but that would involve something he wasn't quite willing to try just yet, not until their lives depended on it anyway.

3. Spartacus805

Scar looks at the small hole in the windscreen. "Maybe my Matter Manipulator can open it up a bit more..." He says, taking it out. He tries using his matter manipulator, but it won't budge. "Dangit!" He said.

"
    Wait a minute.... Oh shit....." Said Scar, shocked at what he saw outside. "Wha-" Dark's words were drowned by what they were seeing. The sight was horrendous. There were about at least 10 of those creature coming.

"I can't do crap with one hand..." Said Scar, slowly taking out his hunting knife. As those things came closer, Scar gave Dark his energy sword. "Use it. I need two hands for it, anyway." They watched the horde come closer, and they knew that they wouldn't get out of this without a bruise.

<< I'm hope I'm not replying too often, if I am sorry everyone :( >>

Dark Ruin likes this.
  4. Dark Ruin

((Don't worry about it at the moment, we've got an excuse, we're the only one's awake at the moment))

Dark hesitated and then took the energy sword. It was better than his broadsword, that was for sure. He stuck it into the floor next to him and drew his pistol. "Might as well try and take a few down before they reach us." He growled, wishing he had had the sense to have grabbed one of the others guns. He fired a few shots at the group, and watched one go down, bleeding. "Yes, gottcha you li... Oh damn it." He he allowed his smirk to dissapear. It had only stumbled. Still, at least it was injured. He emptyed the rest of the clip into them, finally taking one down, before reloading and passing the gun to Scar and the rest of his clips. "Hope you can still shoot better with one arm than I can with two." He growled, gabbing the energy sword. "Try and see if we can seal off the cockpit area. It'll give us a moment to breathe when we need to fall back." He didn't voice his concern about not taking them all down. "I'll hold them here, cover me with my pistol while your looking."

So much for trying not to be cannon fodder when he'd pretty much just volunteered to be it.

((As for liking, I doubt I'll be doing too much of it at the moment. Let me get into the story of this RP first and I'll go back and like more of the posts I feel have earned it. This isn't because of anything other than I can't tell what parts of the story I think deserve praise until I'm more aware of goings on. I don't mean to cause offence to anyone, just thought I'd let you know. I also won't make any character do anything until I know them better, if at all. Not something I enjoy doing.))

5. Cloudhopper

Cloudhopper Weight of the Sky

Cloud finally wakes up, his visor flooding with alerts on suit integrity. Ignoring them, he stands up and notices Dark Ruin and Scar defending against a horde of creatures. Pulling his Aegisalt Bow off of his back, Cloud gets a good look at one of the creatures. The skin of the creature was a fleshy pink, and it resembled a gruesome caricature of a human. Several of the strange beasts wore torn up pants and High-visibility Jackets, as though they were pretending to be miners. After firing off a few arrows, Cloud moves to the cockpit to try sealing the openings in the ship.

One of the creatures roars and sprints past Dark Ruin and Scar, opening its beak and pouncing on Cloudhopper. "
    Get... Off of me!" he growls, as the creature slobbers all over the floran's visor. Finally shoving the thing off, he reaches for his sword and removes it from the sheathe, the green blade crackling with energy. Cloud slashes at the beast, and Scar fires a few shots to help finish it off. "Nice shot, Scar." Cloud says. He then focuses on getting the ship sealed.

After bypassing numerous alerts and system update notifications, the Ship's systems finally let him activate the cockpit defenses. "
    We're ready to seal it off, fall back to the cockpit!" Cloud shouts, as he prepares to activate the blast doors. One of the creatures lets out a shriek, and the beasts gradually begin to fall back.

(( Once we're safe in the cockpit, we can treat any injuries and figure out what those things were. They resemble the mutant miners from the Erchius Mining Facility quest, but they look less humanoid. ))

6. Pixelstomp

Pixelstomp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Pixelstomp wakes up to a beast biting at his cape viciously. His energy whip's handle shoots out from his wrist, and he catches it. With a click, a hard-light beam extends into the shape of a whip, and he wraps it around the neck of the creature. The creature struggles, but burns his hands when trying to grasp the whip. Pixelstomp flicks a dial on the handle, and the whip glows even brighter. The creature's neck begins sizzling, and eventually its head rolls off as it screams in pain. Pixelstomp gets up, and whips the creatures back while the rest of the crew has gotten in or has been carried into the cockpit. As the blast doors shut, crushing a creature, Pixelstomp stares out the window.
    "These aren't like the one that crashed the ship. They're... smaller. Weaker. Less intelligent."

7. Spartacus805

Scar sits down, relieved yet frustrated. "Goddangit..." He muttered to himself. "Anyone know how to fix a mechanical hand?" He asked. Scar gazed out the window, and the sun was already rising, casting light into the planet. "So, how we gonna get out of here?"

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  8. TheFormalNinja

TheFormalNinja Void-Bound Voyager

Armedes awoke in a sudden flash as the ground above him lit up. They had been based in the Erchius mines for some time now, and were hoping that they would soon be able to get out.
    "Ah' don't like the sound of this, s'been too quiet for too long." Armedes said to the other miners who had happened to get trapped in the Erchius post. If only we hadn't dug up that biggass crystal. A'knew somethin' wasn't right when it was a large crystal. He thought, before a loud thud above broke his concentration.
    "Vat vahs vaht?" Asked a clearly German human, before a gun was pushed into his arms.
    "Cmon, we're checkin' the topside." Armedes lead, before unlocking and leaving the base just in time to see a crowd of those crystal monsters slashing away at a ship's hull.
    The two left the safety to the base, to which they dealt with the monsters from a distance. "Ah, thi'sun is up, those beasts'll pull away 'fer a bit." Armedes sighed with relief before a once-thought monster had been dead. The mans leg was completely ripped off, blood pooling below him. Armedes quickly clicked his revolver before putting two shots in the best. One in the skull, one in the chest.
    "Aie, open'up, it's safe ah't 'ere! C'mon out!" He yelled while pounding on the ship's hull, hoping to get any survivors out before the next wave of monsters.

9. Pixelstomp

Pixelstomp opens a window and sees Armedes.
    "Thanks for the help, we needed it."
    He checks the surroundings one last time before lifting the blast door and stepping out.
    "I'm Pixelstomp, and these are my fellow Voidbound Voyagers- Cloud, Dark, Scar, and Paillan."
    He reaches out to shake Armedes' hand, and watches in the background as one miner is grasped by a claw and pulled into a bush. Pixelstomp sprints over, and the miner is already in some sort of cocoon hanging from a tree.

10. Paillan

Paillan Existential Complex

Paillan suddenly apears with a shroom on his hand

"Where had you been the whole time?" Cloud asked

"Shroom time, what did I miss?" Paillan just said eating the shroom. Cloud sights.

"Fight with monsters" Pixelstomp says

"They where... horrible" Dark says

Pixelstomp likes this.
  11. TheFormalNinja

"...Anyways, I'm Armedes. One'a the last here miners." Armedes introduced, before continuing. "It isn't safe out here. Judging by what happened to yer ship, ain't now way yer getting off without some repairs. With permission, of course."
    He then walked over to the corpse of one of the monsters before speaking again.
    "We should get back to where the others are holed up. C'mon, ain't much time before the midday feedin'." To which he then walked towards the entrance of the Mines before waiting.

12. Pixelstomp

Pixelstomp and the group follow Armedes into the mines. As they walk in, Pixelstomp spots a larger, stronger variant of the creatures picking up the cocoon that the miner was entrapped in and leaping away with it. He brings it to the attention of the group, and they continue walking.
    "I think that was the creature that took down the ship. Judging from the cocoon on the miner, maybe he turns his victims into the weaker creatures that were attacking the ship."
    Suddenly, Pixelstomp twitches and switches to Loker's mind.
    "I need to go forage for young ones. They're tastiest during the evening- the lizard people told me so."
    Loker leaves the group and runs into the forest.

13. Paillan

"Well, THAT didn't last long" Paillan said watching loker run away like a crazy glitch "Should we do something?"

Pixelstomp likes this.
  14. Dark Ruin

Dark finally snapped to. Up until now he had been barely going, thanks to the adrenaline finally leaving his system. Whatever that stuff was that scar gave him might have healed him, but some of the damage had remained, as the bandage covering the now minor cut (which was formerly a major cut) and the pain in his leg (which felt like something had torn) could testify. He had also lost a lot of blood and needed rest, but if Pixelstomp had gone nuts... He was in no condition to do anything, he grudgingly admitted.

That, and he couldn't help but feel that this place was familiar. Maybe this was one of the planets he'd passed through when he was being taken to his foster care. He still refused to think about what his real parents were a part of, let alone talk about it. He'd hoped it had been left out of his file, if it had been read, and that no one asked why he was called...

His mind was drifting again. "I'm not sure what we can do, but in my present state..." He swallowed his pride, as well as swallowing physically, "...I'd only slow anyone going after him down. If anyone is going after him, then take my scanner." He reached up, pressed a couple of buttons on the side, took it off of his head and held it out, in case anyone wanted to go after Pixelstomp, as Dark Ruin was unaware of Loker's existence in Pixelstomp and therefore only knew of Pixelstomp. "I've set it to follow any trails he's left and to keep a record of your path so you can get back. That's only if someone else is going though."

15. Paillan

Paillan sights. I had taken it's time. As always he had to take care of his fame of "Good bird"

"Keep the scanner. I don't need it. You guys go along I will just walk towards Loker... Men what am I saying?" Paillan takes out his laser spear and says "We'll see later... or not"

"There goes a both very brave and mad avian" Cloud says "Don't just stare there, come on, we got to move to"

16. Pixelstomp

Loker crawls through the forest, and spots a cocoon.
    "Child
    ren liv
    e in there! Let's say hello to the small ones."
    He begins tearing open the cocoon, and a dead miner falls out. It looks like he was half-way done developing into a monster.

"You're not a child. You lied to me. Now I'm sad."
    Loker digs a small hole and sits in there contently.

17. Paillan

Paillan sees loker sit in a small hole and aproaches slowly. He stops at a safe distance and asks

"You okey Loker? need something?"

Pixelstomp likes this.
  18. TheFormalNinja

Armedes stopped outside of a snack machine that had been broken into and pushed onto it's side. He pulled off a loose wall panel, revealing a human-height walkway.
    "Aye, here we're 'ere, the way to the last safehouse in the facility. C'mon, there isn't much time before the next feedin'." Armedes said before running through the tunnel.

19. Paillan

Since loker doesn't answers Paillan keeps his distance and says

"Wanna talk about your feelings? need a shroom? another drug? I have plenty of mad stuff in my pockets" He says

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  20. Cloudhopper

Cloudhopper Weight of the Sky

Cloud follows Armedes, his suit running tests on the lesser creatures that they encountered earlier. No visual match is in the system database, but the DNA is eerily similar to human DNA.
    Could those things be... mutants? Cloud wonders, not having seen anything of the sort since the tests on the agarans that he'd run back at the Dust. As for the Novakid, he seems to be a clever one.
    Clever for a Novakid, that is, the suit whispers.

Wait, what? Did it just... Talk? Or am I receiving a radio signal? Cloud starts checking through the suit's systems, navigating through the various directories and databases until he can find one that'll tell him if he was just imagining things. Last thing I need is some sort of split-personality, Pixelstomp's episodes are enough for me to handle... he thinks.

"
    When did these things first appear to the mining crew?" Cloud asks Armedes, who leads the way through the tunnels. While waiting for an answer, Cloud looks behind him at Dark Ruin, who follows with a determined look on his face.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015