Vis Planet [Eye Planet]

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Suika Ibuki, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

[​IMG]
    Ill just leave this here....
    lol Suiki :D

2. melodyburst

melodyburst Big Damn Hero

I give this a huge thumbs up. I thought it was stupid until I read all of the monster-bios, and now I love the idea!

3. Added a tiny bit of info regarding the planet's skies.

Could you tell me which parts you didn't like? I mean I'm not trying to bash you or anything. I just want to know which parts people find that are not a good idea, so I can see some places I might possibly improve.

4. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

There are no parts I don't like....
    This planet would be AWESOME.
    God help us if it ever became irritated :rofl:
    Giant fissures filles with red energy making it look like an irritated eye :rofl:

5. Jensen

Jensen Subatomic Cosmonaut

I find it hilarious that Crazyon likes this because we all know he has no eyes.

6. The Demoman would throw a fit. Gotta love eye candy. :rofl:

7. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

. . .
    . . .
    Touche'

8. Unconscious Architect

Unconscious Architect Big Damn Hero

I think this would be a cool idea, like a rare random event that makes the sky go red and enrages the creatures or something, and certain items can only be found when the planet is "irritated"

9. Britefire

Britefire Supernova

I think this is an idea that would be amazing if implemented.

It is a good balance between weird, dangerous, and useful, that I think would fit perfectly in Starbound.

As to the idea of becoming irritated, perhaps it could function similar to a blood moon from Terraria?

A red tinge applied over the sky, more monsters spawn, along with a few that only spawn during it, and some usually peaceful creatures turn into killing machines?

H.G.scout likes this.
  10. Tea Mate

Tea Mate Existential Complex

Nice. I would give a double thumbs up if i would.

Oh, and you talked about accessories. What about a homing accessory? You put an eye on top of your gun(in place of a scope), and your weapon becomes homing?
    And perhaps it was something i missed, but i was curious if this "disease" can be carried to other planets?

11. The homing thing sounds interesting.

As for the assimilation, it only happens in biomes and planets. However, biomes can be created artificially, so indirectly, yes.

12. H.G.scout

H.G.scout Scruffy Nerf-Herder

whenever I see that planet, why do I keep thinking about eye of chut......*ahem**cough* whoops......:poptop:
    anyway, it looks freaky, as well as a bit scary....
    oh, and cound it be possible to collect the tears that Eyemsad by holding a bucket under it? oh wait, the bucket is melting......should have brought corrosion-resistant bucket:lolwut:
    p.s. could we be able to stick the flower on our head that Eyelyke gives, for vanity purpose?:lolwut:

13. linkunarre

linkunarre Phantasmal Quasar

Very good images, and explanation of this planet. It's a very good idea, and all those creatures are fascinating! This must be in the game.

also, what program did you use to draw those?

14. Azazel

Azazel Void-Bound Voyager

Bu-how... me want in game nao!
    Seems cool, is cool and generally I just like it.
    An eye planet and wherever you are around it the pupil will look at you? :D That'd be cool

15. Mr.whisker52

Mr.whisker52 Astral Cartographer

The one that can steal your items seems really annoying,can you retrieve them afterwords? Otherwise it is a great thread with awesome pictures and i'm glad someone made eyeish animals, I tried to make a playable race called the Stemians which were a race of eye people, but unfortunately i shut it down, because i thought i couldn't pull it off, but it seems like you can :up:

16. 'Tis a gaffe once permanent, that one would not desire. In truth, it simply debilitates its victim, aught he equips disappears for a time, and appears upon the creature's demise, or once the debilitation's hour has past.

17. Mr.whisker52

Mr.whisker52 Astral Cartographer

whuuu?:lolwut:

18. Bamseper

Bamseper Ketchup Robot

Nice idea, would be a good addition to the game. The planet looks quite intimidating, but I have a question: Is the planet actually a giant eye, or is it a planet that looks like an eye? EDIT: Oh, and is "Every planet we reach is dead" a Gorillaz reference?

19. The planet looks like an eye

And yes, it is

20. Bamseper

Bamseper Ketchup Robot

Hehe. So, if you mine there, would you get "eye rock" or what