Vis Planet [Eye Planet]

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Suika Ibuki, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Yup, no need to strap your lips but yeah. :rofl:
    But these are really good suggestions, believe me.

2. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

Mine and Suika's?

3. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Uh-huh. They are good.

Chippo likes this.
  4. Heh heh.

It's babby's first Darkbound.
    At least, that's the vibe I get from it.

5. Black ★ Rock Shooter

Black ★ Rock Shooter Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Eyeckentzi is so misunderstood. Poor thing.

6. My god, that random eye monster Tiy tweeted makes me squee.

7. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Awesome! What is exactly an Eyemaggedon?

8. It's one of the monsters, but its artwork is still in progress.

9. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

This topic... Eye see what you did thar, but I think it needs more puns.

10. Brixmon

Brixmon Phantasmal Quasar

Eye really like this suggestion.

11. Witness

Witness Giant Laser Beams

Initially I've considered the idea horribly silly but after some consideration, I think it could actually be a nice thing, enriching the game world. Even though I am still not sure about the planet being a bigass eyeball (Yes, it's eye-themed world, we get it, stop it already! :p). The other thing I am unsure of is assimilation element. Not only it can actually be a nuisance in some cases when implemented, it's more of mechanics suggestion that may require far more work than actually just preparing graphics for biomes and creatures. Lastly, I am not certain if there's a point in making a specific list of resources if we don't even know where and how they could be used.

Other than that, it's nice. The style (and general quality) of the monster pics I also like quite much and certainly wouldn't mind it if they would be added to the game in roughly such shape.

Hiztaar likes this.
  12. Hiztaar

Hiztaar Phantasmal Quasar

It's a very good job, the description just like the drawings are very good and the idea seems to be quite original.

I'm just thinking about the main system engine and the relation with such an idea. First the universal procedural generation means no predefined monsters (excepting bosses ?) and thus, fixing an entire fauna for an entire planet-biome, able to travel through space (I don't know if the "fantasy" of the game would go so far in realism transgression) and to seed over other worlds, litterly working like the corruption on Terraria, is compatible with the concept of the game.

Anyway the main caracteristics contains very intersting ideas : Spreading species could try to settle other planets. Eye-themed creatures if they are not in the game, could be added as random creature core parts and materials if they are suitable with the game could be looted by monsters made with eyes.

But this is an awesome work made by awesome people, even if it's really creepy :D

13. I'm actually not expecting everything to be part of the mechanics. It's more of a full concept so the developers, if ever they consider this, will fully understand the concept itself. That way, it's their choice this will all be lore, and add eye-themed creatures in-game, or actually make an eye planet, add 'infection' in-game, and then watch everyone struggle for survival.

In fact, I wouldn't expect this to be considered by any developer at all. I really just like to show them my ideas and hope it inspires them to create something similar.

14. Aeridan

Aeridan Pangalactic Porcupine

This is pretty darn creepy...I love it!! <3
    And your art is amazing as always Suika!
    I look forward to seeing more added to this suggestion! :up:

15. Brixmon

Brixmon Phantasmal Quasar

You mean "Eye get it"? Ah.. that was terrible.

16. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

It WAS terrible. :rofl:

17. Another thing, I considered 'assimilation' as part of the concept for the following reasons:

First is to integrate random generation into the idea, so whatever randomly generated creature spawning in an eye biome or planet could at least contain at least one 'eye' factor into the generation.

Second is to add a sense of difficulty that can easily be underestimated by many. It would work kind of like poison. I was thinking that if the player is 'infected', it wouldn't really be a big deal. However, it becomes a big deal in dire situations, such as getting stuck in a small 'save haven' in the Pinnacle, or suddenly getting ambushed and trapped in a really tough area.
    I'm aiming for the eye planet to be a planet that seems week, but it can indeed surprise people with its sneaky and intimidating attacks.

The random eyes popping on the player/creature would be more of an aesthetic effect. It's kind of like being on fire; You see yourself being surrounded by flames. Only, in this case, you're surrounded with little eyeballs xD

Though now that it's mentioned, I'm really hoping that such a mechanic, now that I've explained it a bit, wouldn't be tough to implement. If worst case scenario occurs, I'm hoping they at least consider the first reason above. :0

P.S. More feedback would be appreciated :0 Not too much though.

P.S.S. I'm hoping to finish batch 2 of the eye monsters, or maybe a quick speedpainting of what the three areas would look like this week.

18. Imagine if Link came across this planet...

R.I.P. inhabitants.

19. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

I'll keep an eye on that planet! :D

20. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

Cirno must love this thread.