Village guards keep killing me (no weapon equipped)

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by zinzara, Feb 18, 2015.

1. zinzara

zinzara Space Hobo

I came across an Avian village and this was my first time finding a village. I was looking around, talking to vendors and then a guard started attacking me (and killed me). I found out online that they kill you if you have weapons equipped. I guess I missed the guard telling me to put it away because I was in a vendor screen. So I went back without a weapon out and that same guard keeps killing me. What's the deal? Is it because I came in with a weapon once and now I'm labeled as a hostile forever?

2. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

Once a guard goes hostile to you, they remain hostile forever. The only way you're getting past that guard is to lure him away from the town, so he doesn't disturb civilians or other guards, and kill him in the wilderness. Hopefuly the other guards won't notice and go hostile.

The | Suit and Serenity like this.
  3. Crypt_210

Crypt_210 Big Damn Hero

pretty much i think that is how it goes if an ai starts to attack you or you have been in active combat with it at least once it will forever hate you and want to kill you.
    the same goes for all ai even those cuddly critters that wont harm you you hit one and they will never forgive you.

4. Engezerstorung

Engezerstorung Aquatic Astronaut

have you killed the guard back?

5. zinzara

zinzara Space Hobo

I'm definitely not strong enough to kill the guard yet. They killed me very quickly. I'll just have to stay away from that village until I'm stronger. Thanks.

6. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Or you could block in the guard with terrain blocks, trapping him.

7. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

you may be suprised how much you can hurt the guard in return. Avoid his attacks, and hit im and see. the way combat is balanced currently is it's more about being able to dodge an enemy than absorbing the impact.

LastDay likes this.
  8. Crypt_210

Crypt_210 Big Damn Hero

or getting those perfect shield blocks.

LastDay likes this.
  9. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

actually those lil' critters, in my experience, once they get harmed by something else; likely the environment, they go back to being neutral. I even once just waited out, and eventually that lil' critter went back on ignore you again.... It was LOS that did that last bit. I guess I was more focused on luring the other hostiles away from that particular one... But eventually it just decided I was not interested.o_O

10. Lintton

Lintton Guest

You don't need to kill them outside of town, but you should kill them out of sight of any villagers/guards to avoid any undue attention. Same for villagers, though for being one hit wonders its easier. (Pets seem useless, as they just hop in place, likely something to do with when/what they aggro)
    Normally you get one to two warnings before they/you take action.

The | Suit likes this.
  11. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

The guards never forget the guards never forgive lol.

LastDay and The | Suit like this.
  12. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

Not unlike dealing with the Judges of the Judge Dredd universe.

Serenity and LastDay like this.
  13. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

Please avoid saying that, I don't want human NPC guards in villages to have a quote being, "I am the law!"

Yzzey and Serenity like this.
  14. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Am I the only one who thought "too late..." on that post?

Serenity likes this.
  15. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

nice try, Hot Shot