Viable Wine-casking strategy Hypothesis

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chlorruption, Oct 1, 2016.

1. MissKiki

MissKiki Space Penguin Leader

AHHHHHHH! :) Im obsessed with making wine. The only alcohol I'll drink on a special occasion.

Chlorruption likes this.
    • ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

One hundred twenty casks delicious!
      [​IMG]

Chlorruption likes this.
      • Chlorruption

Chlorruption Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Tricky-looking, but viable! >8D

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

The contents appear to be struggling.

Be sure and keep those lids nailed down good and tight.

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Yea, they're doing that undulating thing that happens whenever anything is working on something. In other news, I think I've got the odd timing bug down, it seems to happen when I tab out and leave SDV up in the background on the money screen for extended periods of time. Had a whole batch upgrade to Iridium-quality overnight.

• uselessdragonfly

uselessdragonfly Title Not Found

You can fit 126 casks in the cellar. http://i.imgur.com/CEYMYP7.png
              I just changed my layout and this works nicely.
              As far as the timing goes, I think there is a bug of sorts. I've been tracking the aging process and it's very inconsistent. I reported it in the beta thread and have been updating it as I play and have new batches.
              This are my current results:
              Summary of issue: I put both regular and gold cheese in the casks on Winter 7 and Winter 11 the regular had a silver star while the gold was still gold, Winter 14 all cheese was ready.
              For the wine: The first thing I put in was wine and it took 3 weeks but I hadn't written down dates [September 30]. Winter 14 it was put in and Winter 17 it was ready (2 days). Next was Winter 17 to Spring 3 (2 weeks). Then Spring 3 to Spring 5 (2 days) I added in two the next morning and they still all were ready at the same time. [October 1]
              Edit: Tried both cheese and wine Spring 5, Spring 9 cheese casks were silver star and spring 10 all casks (wine & cheese) were ready. [October 2]
              Edit 2: Cheese and wine were added spring 10, spring 14 cheese casks were silver star (wine no star), spring 17 cheese casks were gold star (wine no star) All wine and cheese were ready spring 24. [October 2].