1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Vector Squared -- Starbound Community News, Issue #3

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by nababoo, Nov 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Technical question (it's you who made these banners right?): did you use a font installed as .ttf or just copy-pasted the letters?

2. mrMish

mrMish Void-Bound Voyager

Frickin' awesome! However, I must point out that Ken Tremberth is the colored pencil artist - not myself. He works in a tech support office with me - I just got him into the game and posted it for him ;)

3. Ok then.:)
    I was about to link you to the font, but I see it's not necessary...:mspaint:
    Awesome one is awesome:D

WoxandWarf likes this.
  4. Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

You only have to travel faster than light to travel backwards in time. The method I explained isn't exactly time travel, but more of a work around; it is also a method for traveling forward in time faster than your surroundings. Also, as Nababoo said, I left out a lot of the technical stuff because I'm trying to keep it relatively simple so the average person can understand it. And don't forget that anything to do with time travel is theoretical.

nababoo likes this.
  5. But what interesting part of science isn't theoretical? XD
    Oh, I'll change it. Don't want to give credit where not due :p

6. Zerak_Kyria

Zerak_Kyria Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes, Ok that makes sense, However if you have read (and I strongly suggest you read it) Albert Einsteins theory of Special Relativity states that if you travel at the speed of light, time would be slower around you and normal for everyone else outside the time slot. Also time travel should be left alone because it could cause damage to one's consciousness according to Crick's consciousness theory.

7. Active Link

Except for that bit about consciousness, what you have just said is essentially what I said in the article. Although, the slowing down of time prevents you from actually reaching the speed of light.

nababoo likes this.
  8. Zerak_Kyria

It depends, Have you read about crick's consciousness theory?

9. Active Link

No, I have not.

10. Zerak_Kyria

You should it gives us an idea about the consciousness. Anyway if we travel fast enough to go back in time it may disrupt or harm the consciousness

11. Active Link

I understand what you're saying, but I don't see how this is relevant.

12. Zerak_Kyria

If we go fast enough matter may be moved or disrupted and could cause damage to one's consciousness harming them and possibly sending them insane.

13. The article was more about how one would get to time travel -- not specifically the repercussions of it. Otherwise we would've mentioned the grandfather paradox (and other mind-screws).

Zerak_Kyria likes this.
  14. Now let us all travel forward in time to Starbound's release day. :rofl:

nababoo likes this.
  15. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

Still going to wait for a Florangeddon section... which I would totally write for you guys

WoxandWarf likes this.
  16. Killer Snowman

Killer Snowman Pangalactic Porcupine

What d'ya know. An actual reason for me to leave the "The Community" subsection.

Rockin' stuff guys. Keep it up.

WoxandWarf and nababoo like this.
  17. The infection has spread here too *cowers*

:down::viking:

18. Active Link

What infection?

19. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

Florans, presumably.

20. Mhm.

Ever since their introduction, they've been spreading like a plague.

Zerak_Kyria likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.