1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Vector Squared -- Starbound Community News, Issue #27

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by nababoo, May 14, 2013.

1. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

I prefer not to stifle people's views, just wanted to say that there is soooo much more future science and tech out there, why should we waste time on controversial "empirical" aka, unproven data?

Don't want to cause any issue, was just saying.

Love the updates though, btw :up:

nababoo likes this.
  2. Exactly what scientific controversies are apparent, may I ask? Just curious.

3. SivCorp

Go here. I've been having a drawn out battle conversation on the entire topic.

Haven't covered much of the big bang yet, But my main problems with it is the forces involved.... all the laws of nature would make that initial explosion to implode on itself. It's like matter escaping a black hole... it doesn't happen, not on that scale. Nor has gravity been shown to take dust clouds and make planets/suns out of them. And where did the fuel for a sun even come from? No testing has been done on that, that I have found. Just speculation.

4. If you wish to raise a complaint of your own, do it with harnackam -- I find nothing wrong with the way he conducts things, so I will not be conveying the message.

5. Strife

Strife Existential Complex

Wait, hold on ... let me get some clarity here:

Instead of covering topics that the majority of the most intelligent people to ever live in record-able history generally agree on to some point, you would rather have us cover science-fiction and other non-existent technologies in our science section?

Just trying to get an understanding on your stance here.

WackyWocky, Active Link and MahBucket like this.
  6. SivCorp

not fiction, future tech. robotics, genetics, things like that

7. Strife

Strife Existential Complex

Two things here.

(1) Sci-fi means science fiction.

(2) "Future" tech means things in the future ... as in does not exist now. In other words, fiction. It becomes reality when it finally exists and is in our present.

blind sniper, NewLiar and Active Link like this.
  8. MahBucket

MahBucket Cosmic Narwhal

[​IMG]

blind sniper and NewLiar like this.