Various AI for player's pleasure!

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Alucard I, May 21, 2014.

1. Commander Benny

Commander Benny Phantasmal Quasar

so much detail! now if only we had more AI art pieces...

2. IAmTheMilkMan

IAmTheMilkMan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If only tablets costed less, people would be drawing 24/7 :p

3. elusiveTranscendent

elusiveTranscendent Pangalactic Porcupine

Also, if only it was easy to be good at art. :I

4. Cabbage_

Cabbage_ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[quiote="Musetrigger, post: 2014664, member: 21474"][​IMG]
    It's not that I'm no good with sprites, but EMMA's making it hard for me to make her an ingame sprite. All of that pink.[/quote]

I don't mean to make all your work worthless, (which it won't be) but I think that the AI picture is better. The sprite kinda ruins the mood.

Musetrigger likes this.
  5. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

I always took it as meaning, literally, Garbage In Robot.

6. dead_videos

dead_videos Big Damn Hero

Garbage in Robot is one of the more common ideas for what GIR stands for because the show never directly told us, there were a few others but i don't remember them all anymore the one i used was the one that came to me off the top of my head.

another one was Garbage Information Retrieval, im really upset at myself now for forgetting all of the other ones i know there were at least four different ideas for what it could mean. but this is rather off topic...

Dargona1018 likes this.
  7. Commander Benny

Commander Benny Phantasmal Quasar

8. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

I honestly doubt this idea will be ever approved. I'm thankful for works of @Dragonith and @Musetrigger , you both did beautiful job, but I don't think this will go anywhere.
    @Izzabelle I'm requesting a lock, please.

9. Your thread. Just let me know if you ever want it unlocked :coffee:

10. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

@Alucard I requested it to be opened up again. I'm just cautious of the 2 year gap.

11. Alucard I

Thanks for reopening! I just remembered I had this idea, and it's a really interesting one too. I'll keep this one open for modders and other discussion, because I hardly believe this will be added into the game. But hey, we can dream.

12. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

I'm eventually going to make this. Probably. Maybe.
    Eh, don't count on it.

13. Alucard I

Haha, why not? It's all better than some basic stuff.

14. ljedon

ljedon Aquatic Astronaut

Whatever happened to EMMA?

15. Shaggyd0g

Shaggyd0g Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You know, being able to select your AI's looks (change through the standard ship console of-course) would be great just because little customization options like this really add that nice touch that help you become invested in your character.
    Each character being able to choose from different AI if they're the same race? Hell even different colours to choose from if not a whole new host of AI looks.

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  16. Alucard I

What's with her? At first I assumed you meant that her art disappeared, but it's there.

All these AIs I gathered in the OP could be now used by literally everyone, yes, considering that we don't have racial AIs anymore. Changing the looks is fine, but I personally would want to keep the AI buffs.
    If we had a modder in this community who'd be interested in making this into a mod - that'd be cool. I'm not a modder myself, sadly.

17. Vynellin

Vynellin Void-Bound Voyager

Will this be a mod on steam?

18. Alucard I

I don't know how to mod, and, to my knowledge, no one picked up this idea, sadly. So... For now I'd say no.

19. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

20. Alucard I

I haven't been able to contact the mod author, sadly. Do you know if he's on these forums? Maybe we could make his mod better.