v. Enraged Koala Patch Notes

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 18, 2014.

1. SuicideJag

SuicideJag Void-Bound Voyager

Avira alerted me with a corrupt file by installing the new update. It's definetly from Starbound, maybe you can check it

TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen2

thank you. Hope it works for me ;)

User011232 likes this.
  2. User011232

User011232 Guest

After googleing that, I found some hints that this could be a false positive as avira don't likes unpackers or something like this.
    I don't think this is something to worry about, but you could upload said file to the avira web form: https://analysis.avira.com/en/submit
    ed/typos.

This happens from time to time when updating games. After every patch there are some people on the warcraft forums for example, who are having similiar issues with their antivirus scanners.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014
  3. KoldWing

KoldWing Tentacle Wrangler

Controls editing is not in like you said. i am so close to playing this game why'd you not add that plz hurry i can't play with wasd it sucks.

4. Creacube

Creacube Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Did... I JUST LOOSE MY CHARACTER? When i start my character it's generating for a second the game and it's crash???? WHY

User011232 likes this.
  5. Your Buddy Bill

Your Buddy Bill Existential Complex

Request to devs:
    Could you add some sort of modification to dungeon generation to allow me to create dungeons that use painted materials? That would be great, because then I wouldn't have to rebuild my Superstructure after the final universe wipe, and this thing is ginormous to the point where I've been building it for months.
    Thanks.

6. Demonoid74

Demonoid74 Star Wrangler

Looking forward to when the new stuff actually gets added in , sometime today?
    I shall tame every dog I find then feed them all the extra chocolate I horde!
    (I do this for my Egyptian-Cat alien masters! Since they were not included into the game they seek revenge!)

7. ptbotwo

ptbotwo Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for great update, but now I can't play :( Crashes after choosing my character. And there are no mods installed to cause any problems. Another sad person here. :(

User011232 likes this.
  8. Madcatyoji

Madcatyoji Space Spelunker

Looks like the update broke the wrappers...

I really hope you guys can get us out a native admin client or some kind of server/player control soonish. I don't mind using the wrappers, but if they're going to break with every update and you're going to be doing daily updates admins are really getting hamstrung here.

User011232 likes this.
  9. jfmherokiller

jfmherokiller Scruffy Nerf-Herder

But My mods :(
    Well here comes a few hours I'm not going to get back because of my I want it now syndrome.
    Time to breakout notepad++

10. Creacube

Creacube Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah me to ptbotwo exactly the same thing and i don't have mods anymore
    Im ...... SAD! My so pretty Bone Hammerx2 from n10 planet.....

11. jfmherokiller

jfmherokiller Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I atleast got bardbuddy/extended_songbook to work on it within 5 minates :geek:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  12. Razariel

Razariel Space Hobo

Hey people. First time posting but I'm no newbie to starbound. Had to post cause, after the last update, the "set home" "warp home" feature seens to be broken. Is someone having the same issue ? This wast tested in my old chars and with a new one.

13. TheTrueArtisan

TheTrueArtisan Subatomic Cosmonaut

Does anyone know how to put new songs into the game yet? The .abc files I have in the folder aren't being shown as songs in the song menu.

14. Enz

Enz Void-Bound Voyager

I completely agree. We need some sort of advanced knowledge in order to prepare. I was dreading the fact that i would have to wait for an update for the mod to continue my project, but found that even attempting to load the character created a snowball effect of errors (for me) and forced a re-install.

24 hours notice wouldn't be difficult.

I know ChuckleFish doesn't just throw a dart at a calender to determine their release dates...or do they?

User011232 likes this.
  15. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

You should probably post this in In-Game & Billing Support. This isn't really the place to report bugs or other game issues.

16. ptbotwo

ptbotwo Void-Bound Voyager

We can cry together. I guess time to start a new character. I had so many hours on her. Over 300,000 pixels. :( I won't mention anymore. So much lost. :(

17. Your Buddy Bill

And this is why I make backups every time my files change.
    Which is a lot.
    I think I have forty-something backups now.

18. WTFtimmy124

WTFtimmy124 Title Not Found

lol yea it late much but new stuff means fun stuff ty for the update

19. Crabcakes

Crabcakes Astral Cartographer

I guess some mods change so many things that it is game breaking when you update? I only use a couple and I just have to update the modinfo file to reflect the new version name.

I guess that is the price of going hogwild with mods in early beta, but I feel for those of you who cannot use your characters any more. Maybe with the new content system it won't be such an issue from now on?

20. Your Buddy Bill

New stuff means at this rate, I'm going to have to learn how to generate a .dif between the pak files and do it every single day I get home from school.
    I'm not going to have time to work on my mod anymore, too busy documenting every single fucking change that could affect my mod in any way.
    And on that note, I'm getting an error with my mods, specifically it is telling me that an asset is not up to date, but the asset field says (missing) -1 or something like that.
    What is up with this?