v. Enraged Koala Patch Notes

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 18, 2014.

1. poptarts

poptarts Yeah, You!

so are character and ship wipe's done with

2. Celinde

Celinde Aquatic Astronaut

I'm just wondering how come I had another character wipe after there weren't supposed to be any more? I logged on today after a long time and last time I played was around the time they promised there will be stability changes with the next update that will get rid of character wipes, yet mine is gone even if I made a new character after this supposed update? I don't get it...

3. Your Buddy Bill

Your Buddy Bill Existential Complex

Probably something broke on your end, or the versioning scripts can't catch several changes at once.

4. TyeDyE

TyeDyE Space Hobo

is the game still down for updates?

5. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Characters, yes. Ships, not so sure. Corrupted save files are still possible.

What do you mean?

6. Your Buddy Bill

Your Buddy Bill Existential Complex

Ship happens.

7. Celinde

Well that's not very nice on their end.. If they promised no more wipes they should be able to make the game stable enough so that when it updates itself after a while, it won't get rid of my character files. I'm confused. I'm not up to making yet another character, getting to the last sector and then getting that character wiped too, even if they promised no more wipes, corrupt files or not. It makes it sound as if you never know when you're gonna lose everything you worked for when you log on. I'm gonna lay off this game for at least a year. It showed a lot of potential at first, but now it's not all that it was hyped up to be.

Disappointed.

8. SweFox

SweFox Guest

They promised no more character/ship wipes from future updates. They NEVER promised that wipes would never ever happen again from corruption, bugs etc. It's only your own fault for not making backups.

So because you lost your characters the game is not what you thought it would be? How can you even know that when the game is unfinished? You have no idea how the game will turn out in the future.

Why exactly are you so disappointed? I mean, you decided to put your time into the game while it's not done yet, so..?

Lawls likes this.
  9. Celinde

Why are you picking a fight when I didn't say anything wrong. By what they told us about "file changes" I didn't even know I could make a back-up as long as updates are still going on. And I said I'm taking a break not leaving forever. I'm disappointed, that's it, so chill. I never said the game sucked, I just said that it's turning out to be less than it was hyped up to be, based on both its future and current features. I read all the future plans they put up a few days ago, and I still feel the same. I didn't say the game is not what I thought it was only because I lost my characters, but that something like that's possible at all after they said that it won't happen again.. They should have at least mentioned in the same post that corrupt files due to the updates can still get rid of your files, but they didn't, and I didn't know until I logged on that they were releasing some sort of "unstable updates". How am I supposed to know that when I haven't been here for a while and when steam auto-updates? I didn't even know we could lose our characters through "corrupt files". This whole thing wasn't really optional.

Boshed and jude24to25 like this.
  10. jude24to25

jude24to25 Void-Bound Voyager

Dude, chill out man! hahaha In the words of the Joker: "Why so serious?" Not everyone is super-ultra-mega-uber tech savvy and thinking about data backups. Besides, if corrupted data files are still such a possibility during this phase of the beta period, one could just as easily argue that the developers should include an option for users to make a backup of character/universe data before updates are applied. Either that, or have an option for automatic backups of data.

Celinde likes this.