Useful Beta Support Threads!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Dec 5, 2013.

1. RipCore

RipCore Orbital Explorer

I'm still trying to recreate my avatar char in the game itself so I can go all ape... :)

Demoguy likes this.
  2. Rin-Kin

Rin-Kin Phantasmal Quasar

Gosh, i have been playing til i fainted to sleep...
    And kept playing in sleep too O_O

Tajin likes this.
  3. Decker Shado

Decker Shado Space Hobo

Well I'm not having a good time.

The Steam updater has royally screwed my files... I was playing earlier, then I stopped for a while - got back, it had an update. Okay, set it to update - downloads - fails to update, swears up and down it's already running. I check my task manager, nothing starbound related running aside from Steam. Still trying, still refusing to update. So I shut steam down, try again. It then complains over and over and over and over about disk write errors. It tries to update, but seems to ignore all the files already on hand. So I check steam support, they suggest deleting the localcache folder and restarting steam. I do so. No change. I uninstall Starbound via steam, re-download everything. Disk write errors, refusal to apply the update, no go. I shut down steam, and attempt to delete the starbound folder manually. The machine won't let me, swearing up and down that it's being used right now and can't be deleted. My task manager begs to differ.

I was supposed to do a quick little 30 minute video and go right to bed.. fix my sleep schedule, but NOOOOOOOO I just HAVE to end up staying up all friggin night yet again.

4. Scralor

Scralor Yeah, You!

The only thing i want to know is how to use platforms and how to ignore the stairs so i dont have to break them everytime cuz i only go upstairs D:

5. Tajin

Tajin Void-Bound Voyager

@Scralor: Hold "S", then press "space". (jump down)

@Starbound congratulations on your beta-launch. Can't speak for others but personally I am positively amazed by just how well this beta version is running already! Great job!

cheatatjoes and Demoguy like this.
  6. Daassan

Daassan Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the links molly but the server description is kinda useless, i think the most (like me) want to set up a dedicated server at a root server, without an steam installation. An discription for this would be awesome. :D

Forgot totally Gratz to your successfull beta start i could only play few time, but its awesome :D

cheatatjoes likes this.
  7. Decker Shado

Decker Shado Space Hobo

Well, found out the answer to my problem was kind of obvious.

Something, not sure what, was still running. How it was when the program was uninstalled I cannot say, but the "solution" was a PC restart, where I had to tell my computer 2-3 times "restart anyway" when an unspecified program kept running, preventing the restart.

8. TheSapphire

TheSapphire Aquatic Astronaut

Is anybody else having bad fps? I hope it is not just me because i have a good computer. The game is just really slow.

Besides that the game is so fun and i have played it non stop for hours.

Happy Starbound Playing everyone!

WhiteMousse likes this.
  9. Reoreosu

Reoreosu Subatomic Cosmonaut

I got the same problem, a quick PC reboot fixed it for me.

wavefunction.e and Decker Shado like this.
  10. blocmanbloc

blocmanbloc Void-Bound Voyager

impossible de lancer le jeu. la pub CHUCKEL FISH pour NOT RESPOUNDING!

11. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Master Chief

The games runs fine on my "modest" computer.

- Intel Core2Quad Q6600 at stock speeds (4x 2.4GHz)
    - 4GB DDR2 800MHz
    - Integrated Geforce 9300 with all settings on default, except VSYNC forced to "Always ON"
    - 7200rpm HDD
    - Windows 7 64bits

I've encountered no crash nor bugs. Only some random frame rate slowdown. Not more during rain or fight than sun / night / sighseeing, really totaly random. Maybe object / texture loading, my HDD is slow and loading during gameplay have the same impact on D3 for me.

I had no issue with my french AZERTY keyboard layout. The french equivalent to WASD (ZQSD) worked out of the box for me, not like many games where I have to remap the keys. Huge good point here :V.

Great job so far Chuckefish team, this is amazingly stable for me. I'll give it a try under Linux too. I'm planning to change my rig and move to Intel Haswell. Has anyone tested the game using the Intel IGP (HD4000 from Ivy Bridge / HD4400 / HD4600) ? I'd like to play it with no discrete card if possible as I do not play much now, this would be $$$ saved and less power consumption :alien:.

12. Decker Shado

Decker Shado Space Hobo

Yep, that fixed it for me as well - it's just I really, really didn't want to have to do that, as I had some pretty big uploads going on at the time. Oh well...

13. MasterWii

MasterWii Twenty-three is number one

Hey, i glad to see all in this forum :)
    nvidia ge force gts450 - this is normal video adapter for this game?

14. Nyken

Nyken Void-Bound Voyager

The beta is so fun! My floran hunter wields his trusty Duel-Slicers and Iron Hunting Bow and fights everything... And then dies.

15. TheNielser

TheNielser Space Hobo

I just bought this game :D And i love it!!! I don't have any problems with frame rate. (Good computer :D)

16. Phantom-Wolf

Phantom-Wolf Big Damn Hero

We were needing a post like this. Thanks.

17. Tajin

Tajin Void-Bound Voyager

For those, trying to run this with crappy Intel Graphic Accelerator Cards:

This emulator can help > http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/download/
    try enabling the following settings:
    - force SW TnL
    - force low precision pixel shader
    - emulate pixel shader caps

Arano-kai likes this.
  18. KoedGaming

KoedGaming Star Wrangler

Have steam keys come out yet?

19. Hellraidermike

Hellraidermike Yeah, You!

First this game is super great.

Its fun to play then die after 20 seconds, i love it (not sarcasme)

But when i pre ordered, it said a copy of the game and a steam key.
    I have the steam key, but do i get a second key then or only a steam key?
    Hoped for another for my brother.

If it is, do i get in a mail?

20. Jacker2112

Jacker2112 Tentacle Wrangler

How do you delete a character?

LOL BALL likes this.