Useful Beta Support Threads!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Afroswine

Afroswine Star Wrangler

I feel so bad for you

2. DevDog

DevDog Master Chief

I love this game nice work ChuckleFish :)

3. Karlito

Karlito Poptop Tamer

The first boss is hard as shiiiiiiiiiit. But I like a challenge couldn't beat em tonight but I'm definitely going at him again tomorrow. Outstanding game Chucklefish totally worth the wait and sleepless nights watching for updates hahaha. And as for bugs I haven't found any so far

4. catman1776

catman1776 Title Not Found

It's killing me on the inside ;~;

5. carcrasher65

carcrasher65 Pangalactic Porcupine

I started the download at 3pm and paused it around 10pm at 700MB (I have cruddy internet)
    But when I resumed the download it reset back to 0MB due to the update...
    D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:
    I feel like I won't be able to join in on stage one....
    [​IMG]

Are all the updates 1.3gigs or is it just because I haven't finished the main download?
    My friend bought a 4 pack and I bought a 4 pack. I'm the only one that is still downloading.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    BlastRed likes this.
  6. ZoraZ

ZoraZ Title Not Found

low frame rate D:

7. lol5432

lol5432 Void-Bound Voyager

well for me when i start up starbound after the chucklefish thing happens it freezes and so i just wait then it says it stopd responding is it a crash or my i need a better computer

8. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

i don't know your problem, what did you guys do, when it crashed?

9. Nobody_Knows281

Nobody_Knows281 Space Spelunker

This game is amazing! Luckily I haven't had any problems so far. It's great thank you guys so much! :DD

10. hybrid

hybrid Void-Bound Voyager

i can play but will it be further optiized for low end machines its just so lagy for me and i cant aford a new computer

WhiteMousse likes this.
  11. Elegant Sir

Elegant Sir Astral Cartographer

Dont sweat it too much Molly you guys delivered a fantastic game though its only in beta. Loving it all (except for the lag) :)

12. Jellglob

Jellglob 2.7182818284590...

So...I followed the instructions to host a server, but the starbound_server.exe file doesn't even exist where they said it was located. Any hints on where it might actually be then?

Wait, nevermind I found it at the bottom of the folder win32 within the starbound folder

13. tnt333

tnt333 Star Wrangler

Game is awesome! im loving it! a few bugs need fixing but overall im really impressed with everything!

14. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

When you find a monster you had never see...
    he is an neutral? An enemis? Will he charge me? Try to crushing me with all his body? Throw fire balls? Spit toxic gas? Shock-wave? Corrosive saliva?

It is fun to don't know :rofl:

15. Excuritas

Excuritas Void-Bound Voyager

No comments, everyone is playing the game xD Amazing job chucklefish, this game doesn't feel like a game in beta :O
    Please check out my review on steam its currently the highest with 90% and hopefully will turn more humans into buyers and supporters :p
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Excuritas/recommended/211820

16. TheSadRobots

TheSadRobots Space Hobo

To everyone at Chuckles, congrats on the Beta. First time post, but long time reader, and I've been very excited about the game for a while now. Played for a few hours tonight and was completely enthralled. Great job! I can't wait to keep playing and see more.

Thank you for all your hard work and patience, I think this is going to become a great game.

17. Kirigaya Kazuto(Kirito)

Kirigaya Kazuto(Kirito) Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks haven't gotten to play the beta cus its taking me a while to download. :mad:

18. EurypteriD

EurypteriD Void-Bound Voyager

Hi all. Here is my thoughts and what i saw and experienced yesterday.

First off. Chucklefish. Very nice work on the game. I had to be dragged to my bed by my wife :p

I feel that people went nuts and way to crazy yesterday because of the issues with steam and upload. I was looking on the twitch channel and dang the chat went fast, mainly people complaining, posting random ascii art and lastly wanting to marry or love Molly.:(

The thing that i found the most fun was people writing their problem like.
    "I cannot download game.. My serial is xxxxxxxxxxxx"
    And now i see messages on the forum like
    amaguri Orbital Explorer

With his page being claimed by someone else, and i must admit i laugh at first until it hits me that this is the humanity around.

Regarding to crashes bugs and so.
    I have faced none (Lucky) and thus is having a blast of my time playing Starbound, I had a very good start. To my right was a small dungeon that i took over easy and made my home. But when i explored left i found the same dungeon, and further over a huge glitch village, unfortunate they did not like my Flower on my head and had to be put down Mwahha:mad:. 2 of them is now my new toaster.

The game hardest thing is to find out if the monster you meet over there or in that cave is friendly or aggressive.
    I have so many times walked over to one getting eaten by some Herbivore or just taking everything as aggressive and then being face stomped.

PS. All grammatical and spelling errors are copy righted under class act ยง4421 Part 19 A, All attempts to correct will fail.

19. wavefunction.e

wavefunction.e Space Penguin Leader

Hello All! Thanks to Chucklefish for an awesome game:up:
    I noticed the comments about the Framerate Issue, and I may have a short term solution.
    If you try turning your fullscreen resolution down to 1024x800 and zoom out to 2(you can find this in the options menu on the start screen and in-game)
    You won't have a Big Screen of your surroundings, but, at least it speeds up some.
    Hope that Helps!:)

Chucklehead likes this.
  20. GoldHypercurve

GoldHypercurve Void-Bound Voyager

The music system Is amazing found a village loaded with instruments can't wait to start a symphony with my friends when I get the darn server working