Modding Help Update Player Weaponry

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Inf_Wolf14, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

So for the mod I've taken up working on again, I have some weapons specific to player races. However, this is not where the issue is present... I want to be able to modify these weapons outside of the usual crafting interface. And IF POSSIBLE update the wepaons currently in-inventory:

• What I seek are options to update player items/weapons as in: updating their base damage stats, or added effects.
    • I wondered if this would be possible through AI command interface; In contrast, it appears there are no currents functions to perform this. (I played with the AI's "updatePlayerEssentialItem", but this appears only relevant to items like the Beam Axe.)
    • From what I may know (or may not), this may only be possible through Lua scripting... Don't get me wrong I would've tried this long ago; But, this would require another interface through ANOTHER object. *sigh*.
    • If anyone could direct me to a good link or resource to study into this, it will be greatly appreciated!

(NOTE: I have followed the forum's basic Lua tutorials, but to no avail... I learn better by disassembling other peoples work. ^.^ )