1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Update 1.2 suggestions

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by RedPanda_Warrior, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Lord Humungus

Lord Humungus Big Damn Hero

bring back the stuff removed from koala/giraffe versions into 1.2

2. BPStuart

BPStuart Phantasmal Quasar

Another thing i would like and i think i am in the minority, I want fat character options. Weather it is chubby sprites or cosmetic beer gut armor set i would like to be able to make a fat character.

nomad ninga likes this.
  3. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

For example, the deadly sandstorm.

4. KrisTheDeer

KrisTheDeer Master Chief

Give some use to the guns on the ships..? That'd be pretty cool to go along with galactic events..

AlbertoRota likes this.
  5. balegrim

balegrim Big Damn Hero

Also make it so you can augments out of collars and packs! Don't forget to include the same system for fishing rods!!!!!

6. balegrim

balegrim Big Damn Hero

Also, player shield generators.

Mythril-Jelly likes this.
  7. Terashi

Terashi Pangalactic Porcupine

I want the old hotbar back! The new hotbar is dumb as hell and I want nothing to do with it. Nothing, I say!

Toporonin, onel13hl and endertrot like this.
  8. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Events first. :)

9. Coldboots

Coldboots Scruffy Nerf-Herder

While I realize the dev team is made up of many artists, perhaps more than they have coders, I'd like to echo the demand for more optimization and performance. Maybe adding tweaks to options to limit the impact on all computers. I don't care about hats and other such content. That's what mods are for. Just a working game that is moddable is needed. Everything else can be engineered individually to taste by players/servers and the mod makers.

Littleman9Mew2 likes this.
  10. Axl4325

Axl4325 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

they said that in future versions (probably but not sure 1.2) they will add space battles, and obviously using your ship weapons

11. TheDreadedPixel

TheDreadedPixel Orbital Explorer

Mechs, they should re-add mechs to the game!

Avito and nomad ninga like this.
  12. nomad ninga

nomad ninga Star Wrangler

yes

Avito likes this.
  13. Avito

Avito Subatomic Cosmonaut

certainly it would be useful to give his crew equipment, and many others, and so they could collect żeczy falling out with monsters and pixel images for attention Nowy obraz mapy bitowej (2).jpg Nowy obraz mapy bitowej.jpg

Axl4325 and Space_explorer like this.
  14. The MechE

The MechE Existential Complex

I can see the notes for version 1.2:

We removed this, this, and this because (no reason given).

General Nuclear and onel13hl like this.
  15. Lord Humungus

Lord Humungus Big Damn Hero

If they actually did at least mention removing stuff it'd be a step up imo.

wonder whats next on the chopping block. midnight biomes?

Pingeh likes this.
  16. real cheese

real cheese Void-Bound Voyager

it'd be great if food didn't spoil and stacked in casual, i get it on survival, but it presents too much hassle for casual. if you don't have to mess with food, then most people will not. they will miss out on big aspects of the game like farming, hunting, and cooking and instead just make bandages.

Mythril-Jelly likes this.
  17. LizardGaming

LizardGaming Scruffy Nerf-Herder

More planet types.

Mythril-Jelly and Wolf1e like this.
  18. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I'd really appreciate it if we got the option to transfer crew members from our ship to a Protectorate Outpost of some sort. This'd be useful if you'd want to keep your hard-earned crew members despite not needing a fourth mechanic. Since it'd presumably use a device somewhat like a modified colony deed, it'd also give us something to do with money left over after getting top-tier gear besides creating a fluffalo explosion. As for how it would work, I imagine you'd need to buy the outpost device, have a fully-crewed top-tier ship, and then transfer at least five crew members to your general databank of protectors, before transferring them to start the outpost. Having less than five protectors at an outpost wouldn't activate it, but if you got one up-and-running, perhaps it'd unlock the option to craft a grand protector portrait of yourself?
    Other possible advantages could be the "refuelling" of boosts by chemists, unlocking more techs/matter manipulator abilities using engineers/applying passive boosts using engineers or upgrading your weapons using soldiers.

19. Wolf1e

Wolf1e Void-Bound Voyager

There's 2 things I think would be great to put in the game.

1. A Debuffed Mecha suit. Could be something like a Super Armor that gives enhanced skills: gravity shoes, Barrier Armor (deflects projectiles but does nothing for physical, liquid,and gas), Jet Pack, that is capable of flight (but uses fuel from the moon... mixed with tar/healing water maybe?), And a special beam attack similar to a guided rocket launcher when in ball mode (weak with good push back and confused buff?). Special chests found on moons and astroids but has at least 1 piece of the suit.
    • It would be cool to have it as a vanity but with the enhancements.You can't buy the set and its only on special moons or on the astroids above high tech base(maybe buy the fake illegal mecha suit pieces from the shady business dealer. It looks like a cheap knock off and has a rare chance of causing a burn debuff and a even rarer chance of causing a melting debuff?).​

1. Bigger mini boss type monsters with a charge up attack and unique behavior. It reacts to light, sound (maybe hears music and word bubbles?), Smells odors?(Foods in pockets and different races depending on food preferences, carnivores, Herbivores, metals, Energy?), Heat/ Cold, air?? Has a chance to drop a guardian egg acts similar to a tenant with that it won't hatch unless its in the right settings and location (large room, the right blocks and furnitures, Monster furniture, Biome. Starts out small and only grows huge if fed the right food, meat, plant, metal, energy?) you could collect its poop for fertilizer(super fruits but with time limit) maybe new recipes, and sometimes souvenirs (Items from random fights with other monster/ people?) can be taught tricks (teach them up to 2 attack melee/ range or just 1 magic attack?)
    • You can only catch the guardian pets under 2 conditions: it has to love you(fed it well and didn't attack it) and only with and advance monster catching ball. It will break out of a regular ball and attack you resetting its feelings. You can kill your guardian for its drops which can turn into new weapons/ vanity outfit piece.​

20. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

I Already posted this on another topic, but here are some thoughts on planet types, difficulty, and making things a bit less linear:

Also, I really want to see them finally give us the randomly-generated giant monsters that they've been promising since...well, it feels like forever, honestly. On top of that, I'd like to see them bring back the various projectile attacks that large monsters used to have. Yes, I know, there's a mod for that, but there was no reason to get rid of them in the first place.