1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed (Upbeat Giraffe Stable) Upgraded ship, nothing happened...

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by baltosaa, Feb 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baltosaa

baltosaa Pangalactic Porcupine

Today I finally managed to get all the stuff I need for the sixth ship upgrade.

I brought it all to S.A.I.L, it showed me the rabbit working on the bench, but then when I looked at my ship expecting to see something new, nothing changed.

I still have the fifth ship-upgrade design.

Is this a glitch, maybe?

I have been messing with some files for a while for another modded race, is it possible I messed with something that may have screwed this up?

Is it fixable in a way that does NOT require me deleting/losing anything? x D

Any help will be nice. I'll look around for any files that I may have messed with unknowingly. (Knowing me that's probably the case. :/

Update: Whenever I get into my Avian character or a newly made Avian character, the screen either stays black (along with the UI showing up just fine) or it loads a planet where my ship normally should be, but it doesn't get that far. And all I can do is press Escape and go from there. Still looking for ways to fix this..
    All other species work just fine,but they automatically use Madtulips ship edit mod. So I'm guessing the Avian race is trying to use it to but is failing, which isn't good, but I'm trying to use the vanilla ships....

I have come to the conclusion that any Avian character I make will simply "not have" anything other then the "Madtulips-ship-mod" mod. Anything else is unacceptable. X.D

Still looking for ways to fix all of this. (<-- *COUGH* )

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  2. nimmerland

nimmerland Existential Complex

Please revert to your issue report and place a link to the solution you got or explain it here...

3. baltosaa

Uhm, mkay then.

I basically deleted the mod.....

I made an Avian character, saw that it used the Vanilla ship again,

went to my main Avian character, saw that it was all good too. I unfortunately had to use cheats to get the ship back to where it was before, but at this point I can't say I really care anymore. x.D

I got my ship to where it SHOULD have been (Tier 6 =D ) , decorated it etc..

And now everything is all fine and good. ^.^

4. nimmerland

Thank you. Did you ever search for an issue and you find this one and only thread that exactly describes your topic and then the only post is the OP saying ah forget it i got it fixed by myself (but doesn't tell how)? I guess you understand what I am talking about. You may also provide the "cheat" you mentioned. Has it been an aicommand or spawnitem ShipUpgradeT6?

5. baltosaa

Ah okay, yes I've had those sorts of problems before and it just annoys me because no one ever says what they did. X.D

Also yes, I used Spawnitem ShipUpgradeT6. ^.^

6. nimmerland

So the OP used a mod that prevented the game from upgrading to the last Tier ship (but even showed the bunny animation of upgrading). OP used the following commands to fix the ship after getting rid of the incompatible mod:

Thank you again @baltosaa, please "Report Abuse" for this thread and ask for closing thread as answered.

7. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Glad to see your issue was resolved.
    Also thanks for reporting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.