[UNSTABLE] Update March 19, 2014

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7Vec7Zus

7Vec7Zus Void-Bound Voyager

I'm afraid the road was already paved just for him.

___MeRliN___ likes this.
  2. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Since the english "I doubt it" doesnt sound strong enough I will use that what we say in german.

Ich zweifel daran.

Sounds far stronger and more satisfying... seriously why does german always sound so aggressiv and dominant all the time...

Edit 1:

I would like to answer to that with your own words to that:

Ok that didnt worked out that well, but let me evaluate:

We all invested in their game. We all spent money on their product without even knowing how they would develope it. We are investors nothing else. Early access is nothing else then investing, we invested in their product. And a good chunk of their investors are not satisfied with the ways they work on the product we invested. Completly ignoring the fact that people are unsatisfied with the current state is basicly putting a nail into the coffin, nothing else. If they want to proceed with that go on. But at some point even they will not gain enough people to support their ideas and will be done for good, I do not want this to happen therefor I have to let them know if something goes wrong in their development which truly is... and thats not just a single opinion, again a good chunk of people think like that. Its not "silly" to demand information on a product we purchased which is still in development. And well let me put it this way: If some independant development team makes these <<statements>> and claims criticism and dissatisfaction as invalid without even providing a proof because they are thinking they dont need to proof anything because they develope the game or whatever then this is highly unprofessional... And besides the fact that quite a good ammount of people create "groups" in their mind. Means the group "Indie Devs" will be marked with "Inefficient and unrelieable" because of incidents like that. Creating groups is as inavoidable as the whole not being satisfied/unhappy thing. But again you can lower the ammount of unhappy people by changing the ways you work. And make them actually think better of all other indie devs. Prejudices and grouping is bad, but everyone does it... really everyone does... And I do not want that people are thinking when hearing the words "Indie Devs" directly "Unrelieable and inefficient" just because of some incidents.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
    Madzai, Aeon, D-16 and 2 others like this.
  3. Aeon

Aeon Phantasmal Quasar

Seriously there is nothing i want more right now than for chucklefish and starbound to succeed but that's kinda hard when we don't even know what's going on half the time. and i understand that things aren't exactly running smoothly right now but that is no excuse to provide a little acknowledgment with our concerns, like letting us know that you are working on pressing issues and the such so people don't have to wonder if you are actually listening.

I also understand that you lot are relatively new to this level of development but again this is no excuse. you must learn from your mistakes and actually apply what has been proven to work into your workflow because as it stands it seems you are in over your head, it is nice that you are looking to hire another coder to the group because you have far too little on hand as it is.

So please understand that even though we tend to criticise you doesn't mean we hate you. far from it we actually want you to succeed, so all in all nobody is perfect but we can all do better in life even if it seems impossible you just have to keep trying. because in the end it's all about willpower.

4. Crabcakes

Crabcakes Astral Cartographer

I think Tiy is justified in his frustration. Update threads should not be totally derailed like this and they should not take on such a negative tone. They are working hard to implement new content and they have stated as much, this game is not being developed in a conventional fashion and calling yourself an "investor" doesn't change that. They are not about to abandon this project and that is what some of you seem to think?

Complaining was at a fever pitch on this board just hours before Enraged Koala was released, I watched it unfold. We are all looking forward to the next big update for Starbound because most of us have dozens if not hundreds of hours already into a game that is not finished and we have exhausted most avenues of play. This would not be the case if it was not highly entertaining in its current form.

Changes have been announced and explained, there is no reason to be so negative. The entire game is being rebuilt and dramatic new features are being added, sooner is better but features need to be ready for prime time. We know it is coming and we know they want to execute it just right this time using the new updating system, so stop badgering them like they don't know what they're doing and they've run off with your money. The game is in a transitional period that it will emerge from soon.

5. This thread is meant for posting new bugs relevant to the latest unstable branch update, not arguing over how Chucklefish is operating. We do frequently update you on what we're doing. We push updates as frequently as we're currently able to. Progress on game progression is picking up-- quests, missions (i.e- procedurally generated sidequests), and ship upgrades are all things that we've been working on for awhile, pushing smaller content updates and bug fixes in the meantime.

Locking this thread now. :wut:

The Squid, Kyasupah, Woothie and 33 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.