[UNSTABLE] Update March 19, 2014

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EkoSlam

EkoSlam Orbital Explorer

awesome stuff Chucklefish as per normal, this game is something special that is for sure, I'm just waiting on Novakids and Ship customizing and the reworked progression. keep up the awesome work :D

2. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I am sorry, but I found that really light as update.
    You got a lot of big stuff you are working on so that's why you do little stuff like that?
    Did will take long before that update become stable? I mean... adding flower and some minor modification...
    it will not take 2 weeks to make that stable, isn't?
    I feel like an assole but I regret nothing.
    I need to know... we all need to know.

sρooκs and Exxil3d like this.
  3. D-16

D-16 Spaceman Spiff

the thing is: the little stuff we are getting is from team members who are not working on the "big stuff".

it's not the way that i'd do it.

but then again, they get 20+ pages of love for a hat, a chair, and three kinds of blocks.

Liktorn likes this.
  4. Donna-Jones

Donna-Jones Void-Bound Voyager

yyyaaaaayyyy flowers X3:rainbow: lovilovelove :giggle:

By the way, when this "last Planetwipe" will be done ? Any Idea yet ? I mean I neeeeeeeeed :cry: to build a home and gonna freak out when that would get deletet completaaaaally :ssssssssss: I lost almost aaaaaany goods when my Chests disapeared that was enough :lod:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2014
  5. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

That's because hats are awesome.

Team fortress 2 have understand that. With that they make so much money with a "free game"

I still love Starbound and what they do with it...
    it is just... I can't wait to see REAL new stuff.
    :cry:

Liktorn likes this.
  6. D-16

D-16 Spaceman Spiff

that'll be after they decide they wont be adding any new biomes.

7. Zorochi

Zorochi Void-Bound Voyager

Starbound is great but it does seem they promise faster updates as time has gone on only to deliver Slower updates.
    i thought that moving into the London office was supposed to speed up content updates along with redoing the engines base code stuff
    to allow patches without having to send the whole beta log data etc.
    The mod community seems to be adding so much for free while the devs are still playing around with minor changes, the comic book story boards to drive narrative are still missing
    along with so much else.
    no hate to CF but the unrealistic promises are becoming annoying after its already made over 4 million in cash

8. Donna-Jones

Donna-Jones Void-Bound Voyager

gg oum soooo That will be actually never :unsure: because you never know what Ideas they come up whit in future :saywhat: BUT i was asking because there was sayed they will change something in the way they upload and such ... I really wonder when or if actually now is, planets are "safe" ??!! So can I build a home or not ? Will there be a planet reset/wipe/however :facepalm:D:what why when where :wtf: ?! ...:sparta: ...

9. D-16

D-16 Spaceman Spiff

you may have joined at too early a stage of beta.

so far there will be no more ship wipes, or player wipes (at least intentionally). no word on universe wipes, because we all know there is still a ton of work to be done on universe generation. i do foresee a universe wipe incoming, they'll have to to implement outposts.... i think.

10. Boneslord

Boneslord Big Damn Hero

11. Crabcakes

Crabcakes Astral Cartographer

Are naked guys now a weather effect? It's rainin men?

Seriously though, what is the context of the naked dude? I presume embers will be on the magma/volcano planets, that sounds pretty cool as does space junk... but I am looking forward to testing some new game mechanics soon.

Before April 25th would be good because then it is Dark Souls 2 time. I only mention this because I am sure I'm not the only one here who will be playing addicted to it and I want you to get the most use of us willing to really test before we all go hollow. So if the next big update comes by the start of April I think that would be optimal if it is possible.

The | Suit and Windcaller like this.
  12. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

I see what you did there :ssssssssss:

Anyways, pretty cool update, can't wait to turn some more Agaran's into space dust.

13. SmugFrog

SmugFrog Void-Bound Voyager

Why isn't anyone else concerned about it too?! And Crabcakes. We will always wonder...

14. Fantist

Fantist Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You guys... that's clearly a mannequin. You know... for displaying armor... sheesh.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
    Windcaller and Hawk Novablast like this.
  15. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

So now my human can not only sleep with a floran, he can also sleep IN a floran (the flower bed). Thats awesome ^^

Hawk Novablast likes this.
  16. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Oh, Merlin. You make these into "Funstable updates".

17. alphabetsoup

alphabetsoup Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm too much of a wimp to try the unstable branch, but ASLDKFHQLUHFJ FLOWERBEDS! HANGING BASKETS! DO WANT! :DD

Windcaller likes this.
  18. Rissquette

Rissquette Subatomic Cosmonaut

Great job devz! So far, the only thing wrong is the nude bald guy who looks like he wants to roll around in my flowers.

Windcaller likes this.
  19. jackey12211

jackey12211 Orbital Explorer

yeah i think that would be a great idea but the problem is you could also need a spawner

20. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

... I can deal with that. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.