[UNSTABLE] Update April 8, 2014

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Apr 8, 2014.

1. King Leonidas

King Leonidas Pangalactic Porcupine

My favorite description in this game is when you use the magnifying glass thing (hotkey 'N') on the 'NO ESCAPE' graffiti as a human.

The description? "Challenge accepted"

2. Rune the Red Panda

Rune the Red Panda Existential Complex

3. ghostlll1992

ghostlll1992 Subatomic Cosmonaut

hey wait what about customizable ships? are we gonna have to wait even further if so ..... tumblr_lojbd66NoP1qk002l.jpg

4. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

They already said previously
    Customizable ships and other major features are coming part of the next major update.
    Which I wouldn't be surprised is called

Progressive Koala.
    Or if we follow their naming convention
    PTSD Koala

5. janusforbeare

janusforbeare Phantasmal Quasar

Jonesy likes this.
  6. cassbra2

cassbra2 Space Spelunker

I am hitting an interesting bug now. Whenever I place an ore in the forge, it acts like it is creating bars, but doesn't update until i remove either the ores or the empty space where the bars end up. I'm using the most recent unstable patch on windows 7 64 bit

7. NuRRi

NuRRi Starship Captain

Well thats fine but Unstable Patch from 19.03 is also not yet on Stable or am I missing something?

It seems simply that lot of unstable patches are not coming to stable. It not one but now like 3 unstable patches. Really don't know how the Patch philosophy is.
    Anyway nice update.

Piccolo likes this.
  8. Dyskord

Dyskord Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wonder if Barren Planets are fixed by now, or when they will be ;D

9. darenkel

darenkel Master Chief

^ This... it even affects any mods that use a similar processing system, like Frakin' Flora.

10. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

started yesterday for me,

11. Morsus98

Morsus98 Industrial Terraformer

So Ship Upgrades are out?

12. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

No

13. Ponjkl

Ponjkl Subatomic Cosmonaut

where did you read that?

14. Kajima

Kajima Phantasmal Quasar

That bug came with the previous unstable patch (directional attacks).

As for the newest patch, I can't seem to see the difference with the new AI/behaviour of the creatures.

15. ThaOneDon

ThaOneDon Parsec Taste Tester

Guys you don't wanna deviate too far from Stable patches you might break every mod there is.......

16. Boneslord

Boneslord Big Damn Hero

Yay, more monster AI balancing!:):laugh:

17. sonic5202

sonic5202 Industrial Terraformer

nanomicropatch..... please update the game seriously...

Piccolo likes this.
  18. Piccolo

Piccolo Guest

I'm happy to see that there are updates coming out, but when will there be another stable update?

Ponjkl likes this.
  19. Lintton

Lintton Guest

They are though, this is how hotfixes are done in most companies. And you want these to be done early to save the trouble of sifting and isolating through mounds of correct code later.

Back in my schooldays I had to do a report on the costs of companies skimping on the testing of their project solutions. A little care really can save you a lot of trouble post release.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2014
    Ramones_fan, phyvo and Ravager like this.
  20. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Can we get some more merge control over the square bracket arrays - as you have done with the curly bracket.

Also a way to merge and edit files like

Code:
     "undergroundLayers" : [
        {
          "biomes" : [ "claylayer", "drydirtlayer", "drysandlayer", "gravellayer", "mudlayer", "sandlayer", "sandstonelayer" ],
          "detachedBiomes" : [ "crystalcave", "cellcave", "wilderness", "tarpit", "colorfulcave", "abandonedmines", "village", "bonecaves", "fleshcave", "slimecaves", "mushrooms", "coralcave", "heck" ],
          "terrain" : [ "undergroundCaves" ]
        },
        {
          "biomes" : [ "rock01layer", "rock02layer", "rock03layer", "rock19layer", "rock20layer", "icecaves" ],
          "detachedBiomes" : [ "crystalcave", "cellcave", "wilderness", "tarpit", "colorfulcave", "abandonedmines", "village", "bonecaves", "fleshcave", "slimecaves", "mushrooms", "coralcave", "heck" ],
        },
        {
          "biomes" : [ "rock04layer", "rock12layer", "rock14layer", "rock15layer", "rock17layer", "icecaves" ],
        }
      ]
    Where there doesn't really seem to be an discriminable way to edit the information inside a specific curly bracket.
    As of now there doesn't seem to way to edit these type of arrays without using overwrite

Ramones_fan likes this.