1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Unstable+Nightly Apex can't craft wooden platform

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Towerbooks3192, May 27, 2015.

1. Towerbooks3192

Towerbooks3192 Void-Bound Voyager

I know unstable is unstable but I have encountered something weird. So far it can easily be circumvented by having my other characters craft a wooden platform for me. For some weird reason, as I was building some initial wooden structures, my apex can't craft wooden platforms with or without crafting tables. As far as I know wooden platforms are some of the staple crafts. Is anyone else having this issue or something?

Update: Apex can't craft wooden platform[DOUBLEPOST=1432709596][/DOUBLEPOST]Update. For some weird reason, everyone couldn't craft a wooden platform except the character I had before. Is someone encountering this or what? I was pretty sure I was able to craft the platforms when I started with the Apex. It's like the blueprints have been deleted or something

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  2. naphid

naphid Subatomic Cosmonaut

Are the wooden platforms just not showing up in the list or do you see them but just can craft them?
    Also, are you using any mods?
    If you cant see wooden platforms in the list of craftable items in the crafting table or wherever else, check your filters for the crafting.

3. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

In the current nightly you cant craft wooden platforms (no idea why they made the change or if its just a bug of some sort).

My human char cant either.

Old chars created before the change may still have the ability to do so.

4. Towerbooks3192

Doesnt appear at all. Turns out all characters created after some point in time yesterday can't even see it in the crafting menu

Got one reply on steam forums saying he is experiencing the same, turns out he experiences it too.

5. Garatgh Deloi

Asked the devs about it. Apparently its just a mistake, the wooden platform recepie accidently got removed together with some other recipes that were supposed to be removed.

So it will likely be fixed soon'ish. (No idea if chars that allredy have the issue will be fixed however).

Towerbooks3192 likes this.
  6. Towerbooks3192

I do hope they can kinda insert it on the next nightly to fix it. since it is a pretty vital item that makes digging deep kinda easier. It made me stop playing the game for a bit. I had a good roll and had fun with my Apex named boots. Oh well, sadly I will have to jump to stable for now.

7. Garatgh Deloi

Me myself was forced to rely on climbing ropes and tbh you can have a lot of fun with those ropes :p. Since vines are common in the nightly you can make a lot of them. So i dont realy mind if my char stays like this (Later i can allways make steel or modern platforms).

8. Towerbooks3192

Sadly ropes are disposable instead of having a network of climbing points. They do work good . I am speaking of doing it in the stable unless they changed it in the unstable or something.

9. Agentkiller

Agentkiller Void-Bound Voyager

id would be nice to have place able robes like terraria^^ but better,

you can play Tarzan^^ place it and swing with them like normal^^