1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Pixel Unsound's Ships

Discussion in 'Art' started by UnsoundM, Jan 6, 2014.

1. UnsoundM

UnsoundM Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well first and formost- how many people are involved in the mod? It'd be nice to get some feedback and ideas before I start going headfirst in the ship (plus I still need an idea for whatever kind of engine/rocket/propulsion will be moving this thing.

2. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

• Credits:
    • Bietol : Suggesting the Novakid race
      Suika : for giving bietol the idea
    • Eathed Kiajinn, and Westeller : Helping me fix a bunch of bugs +body colors
    • Kawa: for the template to make a race (felins)
    • Xander Kau: ECCM
    I don't know what happened to eathed and westeller ...
    they kinda dissapeared, but they helped me alot

3. UnsoundM

Hmmm, I'm kinda digging this idea. I shot Bietol a profile message asking if he had an advice or suggestions.

Currently the basic ship takes a large amount of cues from his image, while other things had to be improvised to fit the default sized interior. The cockpit is a completely different shape than the other races and I incorporated his angled smokestack and his idea to make the cockpit look out the drum at the front of the ship. I'm still stuck on propulsion. It would be extremely cool if I could somehow incorporate their plasma-like energy into the engine in some way, but that would probably require it to be animated which I've never tried for a ship.

[​IMG]

BlastRed likes this.
  4. UnsoundM

Just quoted from Bietol
    "Sure; I've just finished making my own (it's a train!)"

Looks like I have no reason to continue >.> shame too

5. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

AWWWWWWWWWW but it looks so nice, mind to ask bietol if i can put it in the mod?

6. UnsoundM

Mine is an outline with a bit of basic coloring- from the sound of it he already has a finished ship ^_^

7. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

Well, if he did finish it, ask him if i can put it in my/the/our mod?

8. UnsoundM

Haha how about you ask- It'd be a bit much to go from 'oh I guess I can't make that ship I was kinda looking forward to' directly into 'I can has yours?'

9. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

Well, i REALLY need a ship for this mod, right now, i only have the sandbox ship.
    and i can't make a ship, im a pixel artist, but im not that great. D:
    I, just really need to put a ship in this mod. so. krejnrkjgndrkjgndkjg

10. UnsoundM

:rofl: I'll make you a ship

BlastRed likes this.
  11. Dagnabbit.

Why must there be so many talented people on these forums. ;_;
    Just when I finish my race's own custom ship, you show me up with these beauties.

May I ask for some critique on my ship, sir?

12. UnsoundM

Post a link so I can have a looksee :D

13. UnsoundM

14. Really? Guess it's just my own self-doubt or something.

15. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

Dude, literally, that ship is sick.
    Bring up your self-esteem by doing fun stuff, like getting a new game or something! :D

16. UnsoundM

Well- I need some sleep. atm this is where I'm at.

[​IMG]

I'm not 100% how I'm going to do the cowcatchers, although looking at it I might not necessarily put a grill on them. I enlarged the stack and catcher significantly because the old one wan't immediately screaming 'train' to me. It's definitely got a while to go but for now Imma go pass out ^_^

17. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

Well, so far it looks spectacular! :DD:DD:D:D:D

UnsoundM likes this.
  18. UnsoundM

Hopefully I'll find some way to work the wheel designs of trains into the undercarriage without actually adding wheels, but I'm too tired to figure that puzzle out yet ^_^

EDIT: Before I fell asleep I moved that exhaust thing to the back. I felt it make the design look cleaner and less cluttered.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
    BlastRed likes this.
  19. Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

Oh wow that Junker ship looks amazing, I would love to have it for my scavenger characters.

UnsoundM likes this.