1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Unable to load save file

Discussion in 'Support' started by nevyn21, Apr 30, 2017.

1. nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

I just downloaded the 1.2 update and went to load my save file and it crashes to the desktop. I have a lot of hours in this save and really hate to lose it. Any help would be appreciated! I have attached the save file and the crash log.

I suspect it's one of the items in my house. I was playing with the wallpaper/item display bug and maybe CA fixed that issue.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    • MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Hey nevyn21
      Thanks for the log, and save. Looks like you got hit with the fullscreen bug, Windows users are experiencing in v1.2.
      All, I did was toggle fullscreen off in the savedata. Give it a try though, and let me know how that works.

Attached Files:

nevyn21 likes this.
      • nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

It's working now. Thanks for the help, you're awesome!

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

I'm having one more issue with this save. When I go to bed it crashes trying to do the daily tally. It's managed to crash 8 out of 10 times I've tried going to bed. Any ideas? I've attached a new error log.

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

I'm taking a look. The error is related to bad data, but it doesn't seem to mention the specific data. Someone else on Steam has a similar error. They noticed that after catching the Glacierfish the game won't let them save. But, they don't seem to have any mods installed. And, I haven't had a chance to test on one of my saves yet.

On the days it crashed for you; were you doing any fishing or unique activity in-game that might narrow it down?

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

Nothing unusual. Just animal care and riding around. No fishing or mining or anything. I'm not running any mods either. Did a completely fresh install this morning.

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

I think I figured it out. I had a wallpaper on an endtable pretending to be a prismatic shard. I removed and trashed it and it's let me save two days in a row now.

• MysticTempest

Oh, really!? Well, that's neat; nice work!

I've been playtesting your save for a couple in-game days. I haven't had a crash yet on the native Linux version.
                  But, I also have this program called Wine which lets me run Windows programs. It's not a perfect replica; like even in Wine I haven't gotten the fullscreen bug yet.
                  But, playing the Windows version of Stardew, and your save for a few days; I did manage to get a crash in Wine.
                  Same crash at save, and with the same log; on an unmodded v1.2 Stardew.

But, the crash also seemed random to me; so I was somewhat lost on the cause. Nice catch though!

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

I'm 3 days without a crash now so I'm guessing the item table got changed and that item id wasn't valid anymore. Thanks for your help today, it's been much appreciated! Hope you've enjoyed my farm. :)

MysticTempest likes this.
                    • HoneyKnee

HoneyKnee Space Hobo

:(Please help. My game crashes back to the chuckle fish screen every time I click my saved data and the screen is black. I can hear everything and when I resize the window the screen goes from black to the normal load up screen. :(Please help.

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

I took a look at your save. It seems you had an extra set of Farm, & Cellar data. Similar to someone who played the save in the unofficial multiplayer mod. Moving to singleplayer from a game like that will cause crashes due to the extra data inserted by the mod.
                        Once I had deleted that extra data; your save loaded up just fine.

So, give this fixed save a try, but let me know if you have any further issues.

Attached Files:

• HoneyKnee

HoneyKnee Space Hobo

TYSM! This works! I cannot wait to play again. I've been waiting almost 1.5 years to play again. Thank thank thank you.

MysticTempest likes this.
                          • BMXninja

BMXninja Big Damn Hero

Hey, when I load up my save it kicks me to the title screen. I use some mods (NPCmaplocations, GetDressed). Everything was working well when I last played (a couple of months ago). MysticTempest seems like a miracle worker so here goes.

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

I recreated the SaveGameInfo; as that file wasn't included. And, then loaded up your game, and it seems to run fine. Perhaps the error was in your SaveGameInfo file? Not quite sure, as the save you sent me doesn't appear to have any issues on my end.

Try this one, and let me know if it works. If not, then you'll need to post an error log. Since, it'd likely be a mod related issue.

Attached Files:

• BMXninja

BMXninja Big Damn Hero

I used your files and I get booted to the main menu still... I replaced the SaveGameInfo over zealously, but I do have the _old variant. Thanks for the help.

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

Next to the folder holding your saves is the "ErrorLogs" folder. Is anything showing up there? It should mention the issue.
                                  As it doesn't appear to be save related. If you're on Steam you can try verifying your files, just note that it'll overwrite your mods. So, backup those first.

Instructions for verifying files:
                                  Right click Stardew Valley in your Steam Library.
                                  Then select 'Properties' from the popup.
                                  After that a new 'Properties' window should show up.
                                  Go to the 3rd tab, 'Local Files', and select; "Verify Integrity of Game Files".

• BMXninja

BMXninja Big Damn Hero

I must have done a bad job installing a mod, everything is working fine after a verify. Sorry to waste your time and thanks for the help!

• ikrar26

ikrar26 Intergalactic Tourist

help me too..
                                      the problem is.. only 1 saved file i cant acces.. idk why.. i have 3 saved files... but only 1 i cant open..
                                      here the saved file and erorlog..

btw this is a cracked game.. i really want to buy it on steam but i wanted to try all season first so i kinddaa play it fast but in year 1 winter 1 i cant load it anymore..

Attached Files: