1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Unable to attack continuously?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Koellia, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Koellia

Koellia Yeah, You!

I used to be able to hold down the action key (I kept it as the default key "C") and perform an action over and over without needing to press the key over and over. This was a major time-saver during harvests, and saved my life in the mines several times. With the 1.1 update (thanks ConcernedApe! :D looking forward to hopping on the Shane Train) it seems like I can no longer do that, though? If I hold down C, my character swings their sword once and stops; I need to mash C in order to attack more than once. I've tested this by holding C while using my axe and pickaxe, and both those tools work fine, but I can't use my scythe and sword more than once per key press. Is this happening to anyone else, and if so, how did you fix it? Thanks! :^)

• Pawndawan

Pawndawan Aquatic Astronaut

I have the same bug / feature with 1.1 as well. Continuous attack / tool use with C worked just fine with 1.07, but not anymore. What's strange, it seems "Check / Do Action: Right click, X" works continuously just fine.

Rebinding the key to something else doesn't work.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

I noticed this on my first dive into the mines (on 1.1) the other day. Swinging a sword now seems to require constant key pressing and is no longer repeated as an action. I have no idea if that's a bug or one of CA's adjustments to the play balance.

• Chlorruption

Chlorruption Scruffy Nerf-Herder

According to the wiki, continuous attacks with C are for clubs and hammers. :X

Dunno about swords.