Tutorial?

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by LethalShade, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Eddy Steel

Eddy Steel Existential Complex

The quote's a few posts up.

2. Fantasja

Fantasja Industrial Terraformer

I HATE that fckin' guide he was the thing that made me want to go into dark mines. So i didn't had to see him wandering around for no good use.... If you ask me hes just a vanity fill up for one of your NPC rooms in Terraria. o_O

3. Tiktalik

Tiktalik Subatomic Cosmonaut

Tutorials all need a skip button. Some people have played before and don't want to go through a tutorial all over again.

4. Eddy Steel

No. Did you look at the link I put in the post?
    Good tutorials or worked into the game so that you never notice. You are thinking of "HEY U GO PRESS X TO Y FOR 9001XP!!!!!111"

5. RustyJ

RustyJ Big Damn Hero

I think the computer thingy (if it talks or something) should give you a tour of the spacesation if you want and after that make your way to a chest with loot and she will describe the items or something like that or you can just take the stuff without a description and start exploring.

6. WyattDerp

WyattDerp Space Spelunker

People should be able to decide whether or not to do a tutorial. The tutorial should teach basic combat, crafting, mining, and taming animals, that's just a couple of thing off the top of my head.

EDIT: Or you can do it the way MegaMan did it. Egoraptor explains it in one of his videos.

EDIT2:
    Egoraptor video.

7. Eddy Steel

A good tutorial is a tutorial is a tutorial is a tutorial you never notice. Whatever though, Tiy has confirmed that the tutorial cannot be skipped in IRC. I WIIIIIIIN!

8. WyattDerp

That's kinda lame. Some people (Such as myself.) like to learn while playing the game. More difficult and more fun on some terms, because you do something you didn't know you could do and it could be something that's awesome and then you're like "WOW I DIDN'T KNOW I COULD DO THAT, THAT'S AWESOME!"

9. Eddy Steel

It's not going to be like Mass Effect 3, you're not going to be told how to move but, the cool secrets are going to have to be found yourself.

WyattDerp likes this.
  10. WyattDerp

Still, I would rather learn things by myself.

11. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

I hope the turorial doesn't teach you too much, I like learning things on my own or going crazy and looking it up later :rofl:

12. I still disapprove of this childish "I win you lose" behaviour.

WyattDerp likes this.
  13. Eddy Steel

I'm just being fun! :(

14. If that is funny...
    Idonteven.

Anyway enough derailing the topic. What is there possibly to discuss about this subject anymore?

15. Eddy Steel

There is nothing. Let's keep it open though, some unlucky soul might stumble over this thread and spark a conversation.

16. Defenseless

Defenseless Phantasmal Quasar

YES!!! =D

WyattDerp likes this.
  17. Eddy Steel

NO!!! D=
    Good tutorials are the ones that you never notice.

18. Defenseless

Defenseless Phantasmal Quasar

you're right ._.
    just like the first stage of megaman X for super nintendo. the game explains itself without using any text.
    but I personly think that starbound will be to complex to do that
    ( watch egoraptors review on it. its mindblowing =o )

19. But seriously, I think you should apply for the thread to be closed, if you are going to sit here all day going "NO!" and "I WIN!" :<

WyattDerp likes this.
  20. Eddy Steel

This isn't my thread though... :\