Modding Help Trying to access files in my old .modpak

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Monijir, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Monijir

Monijir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I recently came back to the community and noticed a few requests to update my old mods. There's clearly been a few changes since 1.0, but before I delve into compatibility I need to get the old files. I've reformatted and didn't bother backing up my Starbound mods. I figured I'd semi-always have access to them from the website.

I downloaded my Apex Hoverbike mod and called the unpacker in terminal (I'm on linux FWIW), this is what I get :

Code:
    robert@Asus-Nix:/opt/steamapps/steamapps/common/Starbound/linux$ ./asset_unpacker ../assets/apexhoverbike.modpak ../assets/apexhoverbike
    Exception caught: (AssetSourceException) Packed assets file format unrecognized!
    ./asset_unpacker(_ZN4Star13StarExceptionC2EPKcNSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEE+0x66) [0x5f5fa6]
    ./asset_unpacker(_ZN4Star20AssetSourceExceptionC1ENSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEE+0x52) [0x63bff2]
    ./asset_unpacker(_ZN4Star17PackedAssetSourceC1ERKNS_6StringE+0x548) [0x63bdc8]
    ./asset_unpacker(main+0xea) [0x4e714a]
    /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf5) [0x7f067b039f45]
    ./asset_unpacker() [0x4e971c]

Its a pretty hard hit because this modpak also included a .rar of yet-to-be-implemented graphics I'd been working on for other vehicles. I really just need access to a pre-1.0 unpacker. This has to be a problem that comes up fairly often, right?

Anyway, good to be back.

2. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

There's a change in the packing tools so mods packed with the old format have problems with the new tools.

@Mackinz was offering some unpacking services because he has a set of the old tools. If he isn't capable/willing, I can get an old copy of Starbound out of my backups and unpack it for you.

Monijir likes this.
  3. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

For Monijir, I'd be more than willing to help out. However, I just stepped out so I will need a couple hours before I can unpack the hoverbike mod.

Monijir likes this.
  4. Mackinz

12 hours later, here's your unpacked mod, Moni. Feel free to ask for other help if you need it!

Attached Files:

Monijir likes this.
  5. Monijir

Monijir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Killer! Thanks Mack. Hopefully this won't be too deep a rabbit hole. I'd really like to have something on Steam Workshop; I know its not a very high bar, but it would feel like an accomplishment to me.

6. skint007

skint007 Big Damn Hero

Hi Mackinz, would it be possible to get you to unpack the TSMD mod? I'd like to see how it was done but same problem as Monijir. I'd really appreciate it!
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/tsmd-signs-mod.3269/

Thanks!

7. Mackinz

1. There's a specific thread for these request which was, surprise, posted by me. This is Monijir's separate request thread which I responded to because I was mentioned (@Mackinz).
    2. I can't. The permissions do not allow redistribution.

Monijir likes this.
  8. xavierpunkreno

xavierpunkreno Void-Bound Voyager

Is anyone still around who does this? .-.

Gniolliv likes this.
  9. Gniolliv

Gniolliv Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I second this, I'm trying to open the old weapon techs mod (now a free ressource mod i guess) but with no success. Welp!