Treasure Adventure World pre-orders are now LIVE!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Caidoz

Caidoz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Actually, they've gone back on that promise. Now only the beta is 2013, the release is "sometime after." How long until the beta gets pushed back, too?

Donseluke, LeifGram, bebigy and 6 others like this.
  2. Danahi

Danahi Astral Cartographer

in that case they failed to reach their goal, at kickstarter and I think by law, that would mean they have to return money to backers that loose faith in the project.
    Not that I would do that, we're already this far aye ;)?

Donseluke likes this.
  3. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

That's true, but you can't make everybody happy all of the time. The majority of the community ARE happy, with positive support greatly outweighing the negative.

4. Danahi

Actually this thread would prove you wrong, what numbers do you base your assumption on if I might ask :p?

5. Iphis

Iphis 2.7182818284590...

Terraria update 1.2 will be avalaible the 1st October !

Kormos, Caidoz, Pancoar and 3 others like this.
  6. Ortales

Ortales Subatomic Cosmonaut

I feel sad about having to post this on a thread about other game (all the luck of the world for the TAW devs), but reading that the only thing we are going to get on 2013 is the beta, and that people have bought the preorder "uninformed".

[​IMG]

7. cwolf042

cwolf042 Pangalactic Porcupine

Give me statistics proving this. "Community" being everyone who has paid, not just the vocal bunch of us here.

Jim Jones and Pingeh like this.
  8. Bazoril

Bazoril Void-Bound Voyager

Meanwhile i will be playing Starbound and pick up PS4 at the end of it's Lifecycle when it's here at it's cheapest just to play Disgaea 7 8 and 9... Because REASONS!

The daily updates you folks see portray what they want the game to look like and play like not what it currently is. Also the daily updates make it harder from a development standpoint, do any of you that are disgruntled understand how often in development it's decided this or that idea doesn't work or X is a useless feature or Y needs reworked? Then you show the community your working on a snail with 3 legs and community gets mad cause you change the snail to have 5 legs?

It's kinda something you have to understand as a moderator or as a developer who interacts with the community though, they inform you of a lot of this in the daily updates and often repeat a lot of these development nuggets. They acknowledged from the start that there would be people unhappy with the process of the game but they will do their best to make such members of the community happy. It isn't always possible though! Just try to remember that the end goal is a quality game and also one they have obviously put a lot of love into.

The Dev team seems like good folks and frankly i find what they manage to do rather impressive. I would have been terrified at the thought of trying to organize daily updates.

9. drizzt119

drizzt119 Astral Cartographer

Who said that they cant just say in the end of the year: oh sorry we still think the game is not playable ? you must wait another year for a beta ?

10. Ortales

They can do that, but they would have to face repercussions.

11. Dis

Dis Phantasmal Quasar

[​IMG]
    "Onward! To Treasure Adventure World!" ~ Glitch Explorer

Sir Ginger Ale and Namiwakiru like this.
  12. Namiwakiru

The forums, where every complaint put to a vote goes in favour of the devs over the complaint of the poster, with neutral coming second. Sure, some people don't hit the forums or read the posts to even vote, but surely if negative responses were outweighing the positive, it would at least be reflected in the numbers.

News threads like these that aren't about Starbound always get a lot of negative response, like the risk of rain updates they posted a few times.
    I mean hell, the very reason it isn't about Starbound results in rage ABOUT Starbound while all the other relevant posts get more positive returns with much much less angry ranting from people about promises and money etc. (They are always there, but it greatly depends on the post subject)

13. Namiwakiru

Ha! That's cool, I really hope he is water tight though

14. Danahi

Actually if they can give a release date, the dailies could be dropped as far as I'm concerned. That's a bit the problem with every positronic-fan here. You guys think it's normal that vague promises for release dates are normal. But that's not how it works in the real world. Let's imitate the starbound team in your daily life tomorrow. Tell your teacher/boss tomorrow, when you get a new assignment, tell your teacher/boss, I will have it finished before next month. You can be number one student/employee of the month and your teacher/boss will still not give a rat's ass ;).

Of course, this situation is not the same and things like supply and demand come hanging around the corner, and since demand is soooo high, the supply can chill back and relax. And for that we should be thankful that the starbound team is not doin that.

My point being, try to understand both sides, and don't argue with each other. The people that complain try to keep everything reasonable, while the people that praise the team, keep them motivated and willing to continue. See each other as means to the same goal. Everyone has a task in this ;).
    haha

15. Solarius

Solarius Aquatic Astronaut

This. I'm really not an impatient person, nor am I pushing for a beta release now now now! I am however unimpressed currently. People pre-ordered 6 months ago for early access beta release, granted not knowing when beta would actually come around. With FAQ answers such as the one in the quoted screenshot it disheartens a lot of people knowing that $1.8 mil was funded, and the beta (let alone a pushed back release) is still up in the air. I have had nothing but praise for the developers because this is how I wanted Terraria to be, but as this year winds down I am left thinking, "Exactly where was the ball dropped, and why hasn't it been corrected?"

16. Danahi

I disagree on two grounds, unsatisfied people get a wave of angriness thrown at them for the smallest remark in casual posts. Because these people touch the very essence of the devine dev team, which I think is wrong, but my opinion is in the last paragraph of my previous post. I prefer not to fall into repetition.

17. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

Tiy has even stated, on multiple occasions that the beta will be released this year.

Metaphoenix78 likes this.
  18. Ortales

Dat subconcious slip.
    If you read my post you will find that it is about 2013 release, not 2013 beta.

19. Dis

Dis Phantasmal Quasar

Haha, for his sake I do too! :catface2:

Actually, I kind of posted that image because that boat was shown in a Starbound concept/screencap before Treasure Adventure World was a known thing(?).
    So I'm wondering if it makes its way into Starbound, is it a reference to Treasure Adventure World; Or is it a reference to Starbound, when it's in Treasure Adventure World? :whistle:

20. Danahi

there is a little book called the law that indeed like Ortales puts it a bit blund: