1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Toucan Armor Graphical Error

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Sphenicus, Apr 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sphenicus

Sphenicus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So a while ago I made a topic like this one reporting this same graphical error. The admittedly minor issue was falsely reported to be fixed by another community member who apparently didn't know what he was talking about or looking at. That topic was then locked with the claim that it had been fixed. Now that another stable update has been released and I've found, to no surprise, that it wasn't fixed and the other community member was indeed mistaken, I've decided to report it again.

When wearing the toucan breastplate if you crouch the glove on the hand to your back will disappear. Here are two side by side screenshots I took minutes ago to display the bug. I know it's a small issue but even small issues should be fixed, right?

[​IMG]

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

The only thing I can find is that the "duck" sprite for that armor does not have any coloring for the hand, only that green shoulder bit. This persists across other characters, so I have a feeling this is the cause.

Edit: I have confirmed this to be the case. The glove is just simply missing from the "fsleeve.png" image for the avian tier 5 armor when crouched.
    [​IMG]
    ^ Image of my fix.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    nimmerland likes this.
  3. nimmerland

nimmerland Existential Complex

Dunto likes this.
  4. lazarus78

I will add I tested with the latest Spirited Giraffe version.

5. Sphenicus

Sphenicus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you both for your responses. This was handled much more professionally than the first time and I really appreciate that and your insight on the matter. :DD

6. lazarus78

Your previous thread only had one person respond. Sure it was more on the direct side, but I don't think it was out of line.

Anyhoo, regardless of what was, I have confirmed the issue is real and what is necessary to resolve it.

7. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

@Sphenicus Oops looks like i made a mistake. Don't know why i didn't saw it when you reported it <.< sry for that >.<

I tested it again and i can confirm it too.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    lazarus78 and nimmerland like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.