Time moves faster while you sleep

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Powerlass, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Powerlass

Powerlass Yeah, You!

^
    What do you guys think?

2. irrimn

irrimn Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, the problem with that is that multiple people can be on a planet at the same time, so if it moved faster when someone was sleeping either that person alone would make it faster, everyone would have to be sleeping at the same time, or it'd only work in single player?

There was a voxel based game I played a while ago where time moved faster while you slept, and it worked that way even if only 1 person was sleeping... so there were times when someone would just AFK sleeping and time would be sped up ALL the time.

I think it'd be better if, instead of just time moving faster, ONLY NIGHT TIME moved faster. And it'd work that way even if only 1 person was sleeping. Since really, night time is the most dangerous and worst time to do just about anything on the surface and most people just want to skip it.

Also, I think this should be coupled with time moving faster while you're on your ship. So like, if you beam up to your ship and no one else is on the planet, then time would move super fast until it was morning on the surface -- and then time would move at regular speeds. So people could just beam up, wait ~20 seconds, beam back down and it'd be day again. Could this be abused? Maybe. But it'd mean people wouldn't have to wait around for day as much.

3. gb3792

gb3792 Subatomic Cosmonaut

More dangerous also means more monsters which means more pixel drops, so not everything's bad about the night.

---

I'd say just make it so this only works if either you're the only one on the planet, or everyone is sleeping.

4. deuley

deuley Space Spelunker

The way minecraft solves this is if everyone in the server is sleeping at once. It might not be a bad idea, if it was night, and someone was sleeping on the server, to notify everyone else on the server that it was, effectively, bed-time. Everyone gets in bed, and a few seconds later we all collectively get up and get back to work in the morning.

5. Saamir0414

Saamir0414 Void-Bound Voyager

I am going to contribute to this conversation if someone is able to create a mod so that time passes faster when you sleep I say that the system has to be similar to today's Terraria but if time does not go quickly if there are enemies close to, let's say 50 at 90 blocks or less that depends on the creator of the mod and honestly the nights in the first days are shit they kill you every damn second there are 3 you activate the berserk mode, you go underground, you get a structure or you create a house Or you go back to the ship and stay afk until the day comes and honestly it's horrible but in Terraria by sleeping time passes faster and in that game it is necessary to create a structure to prevent the enemies from keeping you, it is also a good way Either you put up a structure or you die, even though my method works for those who play the role of campers.