1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Tier 10 stuff is too easy to get right now.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by HI-MAX², Aug 5, 2016.

1. HI-MAX²

HI-MAX² Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Someone checked this video before?

Basically it explains that to get Tier 10 weapons all you need to do is to build colonies on moons (which are considered Tier 10, while fiery planets are Tier 6).

To avoid Erchius Ghosts and meteors, just don't have erchius in your inventory and build the colony in the underground.

This is really awkward... I thought the quality of the payment made by the tenants was based on the quality of the colony (like furniture amount and building size), and not simply by the planet tier.

This changes my plans completely, since I had the habit of building colonies on planets only cuz of their looks (mainly parallaxes). Now the main factor I'll be using will be the tier.

What do you guys think about it?

2. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

This isn't even the only bug regarding tiering: The ship also counts as tier 5. Probabily higher. The result is that it's possible to obtain endgame armor VERY early on.

3. HI-MAX²

Isn't the ship tier based on the upgrades? I read somewhere that a fully upgraded ship is considered Tier 7.

4. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Nope. In fact, I only had the second upgrade when I checked it.

5. Zai Lily

Zai Lily Void-Bound Voyager

Huh, so does that make the planets made for building (The barren ones, I think) are tier 1 planets?
    That would definitely explain the lackluster weapons my Merchants carry there. :/

6. Plex_Director

Plex_Director Pangalactic Porcupine

Honest question!
    I mainly play on casual difficulty right now and tried out a close-quarter tenant farm on a moon but only got very low-tier rewards. Even a merchant I spawned in in order to sell the junk I got only had low level stuff on sale.
    Do I need to get closer to a planets core or are moons not set to be tier 10 planets on casual?

It was rather puzzling to find that no matter how much Erchius I had on me there never was any sign of the infamous ghost mob anywhere...

What's going on?

7. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

no tenants payment was said to be judged by tenants outfitted stuff, yet it never appeared like that, it was ALWAYs based on plentary tier.

on the other side tier10 for the ranegd wepaons and staffs will mean at least HUGE energy consumption, so I doubt they work well, unlike swords and stuff which surely will be well, kinda cheat

8. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

That is pretty strange, as I personally just tested it, and some of the results were things such as Assault Rifles with stats like "8 damage, 6.5 Fire Rate" or swords with more than 50 damage.

9. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

Actually LiliV3, I hadn't decided to exploit this yet but I notice the weapons in the video are more energy efficient then tier 6. If I saw correctly. See weapon energy efficiency is based more on firing rate and often higher tier weapons actually use LESS energy per shot for the same firing rate as lower tier weapons. Until they get to tier 4 when it evens out for cost. The machine pistols though are I think a bit cheaper to fire then most machine pistols.

Although it's not to clear cut in this case, at least. But the rocket launcher uses about the amount of energy I would expect something firing .7 shots/second at lower tiers. One would still get about 4-5 shots off before having to recharge with tier 6 accelerator armor. I suspect it's because the developers don't intend on power creeping with armor, or that the weapons are ever even meant to be in the game at any time. If the weapons are, the developers probably don't wish to have armor for tiers 7-10, if the tier 7-10 weapons are similar in energy use as tier 5-6 weapons per shot.

10. HI-MAX²

Kind of.
    The video has "survival" on title and description, so I should assume it will only work in survival mode? No idea.

11. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

Are you using any mod which changes the planet types?

12. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

the energy based armor makes you have 250 energy so 3 shots and thats all, given that tier 6 wepaons oneshot most stuff on rocketlauncher level thats realyl mroe efficent when goign around since you will waste a lot energy for overkilldamage.

I wonder also if the star the moons orbits affects the tier. gonna go and test thsi sicne i don't have anything ebtter to do anyways

13. Yusuke Urameshi

Yusuke Urameshi Space Kumquat

I'm subscribed to this guy on youtube and watched this yesterday before I went to bed. Shame he does not have more subscribers. I can confirm that this works on 1.05.

14. evilnancyreagan

evilnancyreagan Pangalactic Porcupine

Nerf moon colonies.

but yeah, I think that colony rewards should scale to the quality of the colony, not the tier of the planet they are built on.

Alexthe666 likes this.
  15. Yusuke Urameshi

Granted, since if you're doing this you're already basically cheating anyway, so instead of waiting for one of your tenants to drop a tier 10 weapon you could just spawn one in as an admin.
    /admin
    Point your cursor where you want it to drop
    Pick one of these:
    /spawnitem rarebroadsword 1 '{"level":10}'
    /spawnitem rareshortsword 1 '{"level":10}'
    /spawnitem raredagger 1 '{"level":10}'
    /spawnitem rarestaff 1 '{"level":10}'
    /spawnitem rarewand 1 '{"level":10}'
    /spawnitem rarepistol 1 '{"level":10}'
    /spawnitem raremachinepistol 1 '{"level":10}'
    /spawnitem rareshotgun 1 '{"level":10}'
    /spawnitem rareaxe 1 '{"level":10}'
    /spawnitem rarehammer 1 '{"level":10}'
    /spawnitem rareassaultrifle 1 '{"level":10}'
    /spawnitem raresniperrifle 1 '{"level":10}'
    /spawnitem raregrenadelauncher 1 '{"level":10}'
    /spawnitem rarerocketlauncher 1 '{"level":10}'
    /spawnitem rarespear 1 '{"level":10}'

Or anything else you want to spawn in:
    https://starbounditems.herokuapp.com/

Or if you want to get more complex and tailor their appearance:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/starbound/comments/3wnxwo/spawning_items_ingame_with_any_specs_and_looks/
    Although you're on your own with that one, I haven't bothered with it.

evilnancyreagan likes this.
  16. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

depends if this is a wanted feature or not, which is so far not clarified.

also you can use a few thinsg liek crates to make merchants spawnable to get "cycle wares"
    But in the end without the furniture it's value and room size deciding the tenants outcome these "bender" room colonies will exist, easy to make money with them, easy to get instruments with them.
    That system is just minimal implemention. and the tier of the planet hardly matters

I have oen with like 40 of those bender rooms and its a cheap way to grab stuff which otherwsie just takes longer.

17. evilnancyreagan

evilnancyreagan Pangalactic Porcupine

I hope it's just an oversight

video game cheese it the worst kinda cheese

Alexthe666 likes this.
  18. Yusuke Urameshi

This is not intended. This is as clear as the blue sky and the existence of gravity. The only other explanation is mental insanity on the developers' part. We can go to moons before we even get the first key. This is the definition of game breaking.
    I will consider anyone arguing otherwise as trolling and ignore it completely.
    I realize I am being blunt and a bit rude, but tough cookies.

19. Hawklaser

Hawklaser Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah... this is most likely getting changed, and they may permanently disable all the tier 8-10 items until they add new stuff to warrant them. Tier 7 is a different story, a buddy of mine got silly lucky and actually found a tier 7 staff or wand(can't recall which) from a chest somewhere around a firey star, might of been a micro dungeon or a challenge room.

20. Plex_Director

Plex_Director Pangalactic Porcupine

Actually I'm pretty sure I don't. Unless one mod does some "background work" I wouldn't know of.

All the stuff I have running either adds convenient items or improve some mechanics (job offers, tier 10 ships...)

I have absolutely no idea what's going on with my moons.