The Strange and Unusual

Discussion in 'Other' started by Inferno_Draconis, Jun 30, 2012.

1. TheAwesomeAvian

TheAwesomeAvian Sandwich Man

I support you, maybe a few of these would make the game intresting

2. Kenichi

Kenichi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Haha, why?

Easily scared?

3. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

This game isn't for kids under 8 so prepare to hug the boogyman

Ricky150, Ahbahl and Kenichi like this.
  4. banthesun

banthesun Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would love to see some of these instituted in the game!

The idea I had was for a mysterious light source to appear just off screen of the player, and if they try to follow it it stays out of sight, as if being carried by something moving with the player. At any point such movement would be impossible (due to a cliff, or another player coming from the opposite direction) the light dissapears.

5. Bombermansam

Bombermansam Void-Bound Voyager

I love these ideas, it would be hard to code but it would make the game infinitely more interesting and give he player a sense of suspense and creepyness when entering a ruined town, ancient ruins or dark area.

6. Zelpex

Zelpex Void-Bound Voyager

I liek these ideas :D

7. Stargazer

Stargazer Existential Complex

I agree with hazzary453, I don't want this game to turn into Amnesia. I especially do not like "Your currently equipped weapon refuses to fire. After a couple more attempts, it starts working
    normally again.", because it could easily cause you to die in the middle of a boss battle or PvP match.

hazzary453 likes this.
  8. DNAY!

DNAY! Ketchup Robot

Yeah, i think weapons aren't a good thing to stop. However, it will be scary if something like a communication device, a metal detector or a depth meter goes crazy.

Another idea: Your communication device opens and a shadowy figure is seen at the screen of the device. It doesn't talk, It doesn't do anything and it disappears after a minute or so.

lost_kitten and Inferno_Draconis like this.
  9. ~~Edit~~

Good point. Weapon malfunction replaced with device malfunction.

As for the other idea, that fits quite well. Shame the lists are too long.

10. qazxcwe

qazxcwe Phantasmal Quasar

You encounter an evil-looking NPC who does nothing but stand and stare at you, watching your every move. If you speak to him, he does not respond. If you attack him, he takes no damage and doesn't even flinch. If you leave and return later, he is gone, but may reappear on other worlds. - contribution by Kristopher.

It would be cooler if when he dissappeared he leaves a note saying "You can't kill one with no soul" Written in BLOOD

Ricky150 likes this.
  11. DNAY!

DNAY! Ketchup Robot

I have a good idea to ad: you find an escape pod, there's no one in it. Only a picture of an Avian/Human/other race family.

Ricky150 and Inferno_Draconis like this.
  12. I have created a new thread, The Strange and Hilarious. Hopefully, you will find this more appropriate. (Click here)

matthijsieboy likes this.
  13. hazzary453

hazzary453 Big Damn Hero

its not that it isn't appropriate, its more i don't like horror.

14. Well, these events would be quite rare.

hazzary453 likes this.
  15. Fracture

Fracture Scruffy Nerf-Herder

For a given planet, a certain statue (or perhaps even a tree) will follow you. It will only move when there is no light on it, remaining completely stationary if hit with a flashlight or during the day. Alternatively, a planet with nothing but statues that act as such scattered throughout it.

The player comes across an otherwise normal town at night. The NPCs will buy, sell, and interact as normal. If the player later visits during the day, however, the town will be empty. Come nightfall, the NPCs will reappear.

Inferno_Draconis likes this.
  16. hazzary453

hazzary453 Big Damn Hero

still i would be scared they would happen the suspense is the worst part.

17. Kristopher

Kristopher Phantasmal Quasar

Think about it they have TONS of planets and these would be quite/ really rare some you wouldn't even notice some. Most of them you wont even remember. :p

18. SomethingObvious

SomethingObvious Phantasmal Quasar

There's a chance you may find a note in a chest saying "NO" 12 times on both sides of a picture of a black coloured man with long arms and tentacles on it. Eerie music starts to play until you get back onto the surface.

(If anyone can tell me what that's a reference to, I will like every post of yours in this thread)

The ones that genuinely creep me the fk out.

Inferno_Draconis likes this.
  19. hazzary453

hazzary453 Big Damn Hero

id be worried they would happen so wouldn't play.

20. Fracture

Fracture Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There's easter eggs and glitches that could easily be defined as horrifying in nearly every video game. Like, all of them. If you would completely refuse to play any video game that has a chance of scaring you, you'd never play video games. Like, any of them. Ever.