The Strange and Unusual

Discussion in 'Other' started by Inferno_Draconis, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

o_OI'd leave those planets Immediatly.

M C and Inferno_Draconis like this.
  2. Tea Mate

Tea Mate Existential Complex

I know a very creepy one i think. You might need to adjust it though:

As you walk exploring, you meet a black eyed girl in distress. She asks you to help her, because there's something in her house. As you walk a bit further you find her house. When you enter it, there's blood all over the place and some things like "God, save us!" and "Help!" written on the walls in blood and you can hear creepy evil ghostly giggling once. Also, you find a picture of a family that lived here. The girl is in that picture. Upon closer inspection you might notice that the girls eyes are red in the picture. If you return to the girl, she is gone and only a bloody cleaver remains in the place where she stood earlier.

Inferno_Draconis likes this.
  3. Gako

Gako Void-Bound Voyager

Deep underground, you see a man. He starts walking towards you slowly. When he reaches you he just stops, doesn't say anything. When he goes out of screen, he disappears.
    I suggest you to try out this game serie if you got time, might give you some more ideas :p
    5 Days A Stranger
    6 Days A Sacrifice
    7 Days A Sceptic
    Trilbys notes/

4. Kristopher

Kristopher Phantasmal Quasar

Also you can find him on other planets sometimes

5. qazxcwe

qazxcwe Phantasmal Quasar

Ive got a great idea!
    You find a huge forest with no animals at all and if you go to the center of the forest a tombstone lays on the ground only saying I WILL RETURN

6. ~~Edit~~

Corrected.
    Added to Major Weirdness. Suitably creepy... :zombie:

7. TheAwesomeAvian

TheAwesomeAvian Sandwich Man

what about special dream worlds that contain all these odditys

8. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

Problem this game is for kids not navy sailers

9. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

I think it's minor cuz I would not notice and when I saw the tomb I would go who will return??? Buzz light year ?

10. Tctoocold

Tctoocold Subatomic Cosmonaut

An entire race of seemingly normal people turns out to all be cyborgs or animals or shapeshifters etc

11. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

the horror D: i can't live with scary things in my starbound :cry:

12. ~~Edit~~

Added your idea to Major Weirdness. I removed blood, since this game is meant to be family friendly (although there's nothing stopping the devs making it a little creepy at times :sneaky:) but otherwise left it unchanged. I don't mind the occasional ghost story in sci-fi. Nice work. :up:

Quite a few of the ideas on the lists so far are based on mysterious disappearances. I think this might be one too many. I appreciate the effort, though.
    Added to Major Weirdness. I like this idea a lot. :mwahaha:
    Don't worry. These events would probably be quite rare. Of course there is a simple solution if you encounter something scary: Run away!!! :saywhat:

M C likes this.
  13. Tctoocold

Tctoocold Subatomic Cosmonaut

Or shoot the absolute crap out of everything you see and blow then entire damned planet up *puts on shades*

14. Gako

Gako Void-Bound Voyager

True that. Not bad though if they'll have many variations.
    Got another idea! A wisp or spirit or whatever small white light emitting sphere appears, underground. It follows you and teleports you to a specific/random position in a planet. Or maybe another planet? Effect = flash screen white

PS. Got time to test those games? :D They may look boring or something, but I assure you, they are worth it :p
    If you just want to see the creepy parts, use a walkthrough to get through the game fast. The story is also nice.

15. I'd actually been planning to get those games at a later date.

~~Edit~~

Added your latest idea to Major Weirdness. Thanks. :up:

16. Axelthegreat9

Axelthegreat9 Subatomic Cosmonaut

An idea inspired by the twilight zone: you find a planet that seems to be inhabited, but there's no visual life. there are signs of life everywhere, but it appears that whatever's there only exists when not being observed.

Ricky150 and Inferno_Draconis like this.
  17. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

You are happly walking on a flowering hill when suddenly all the flowers fade.

18. Fantastic Mr. Legion

Fantastic Mr. Legion Phantasmal Quasar

On a bright, grassy field there is a large elder tree. It is seemingly normal as it is just a simple tree. When the player leaves the field and returns, the tree has been cut down and there are claw/bites all over it and the trunk.

19. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

That leads to a boss fight with a tiger cyborg bear

20. Ner

Ner Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is pure awesome. The creepy, mysterious and suspenseful. I'd love to see something like this get implemented. If it doesn't we will just have to convince (i.e kidnap and force) one of the future modders to do it for us.

My suggestion: You visit a planet only to find it completely ruined (Destroyed buildings etc.) or completely empty (Nothing at all). All that's left is a single, and rather ragged, NPC that just stares blankly at the sky. If you try to speak to the NPC, you will get the response, "..." most of the time but occasionally you will get an actual worded response but it will be far from coherent.

centor111 and Inferno_Draconis like this.