The Strange and Unusual

Discussion in 'Other' started by Inferno_Draconis, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Manilian

Manilian Big Damn Hero

Heres an add-on to Major Weirdness:

A clone of yourself stares at you from behind for 5 seconds. Looking back will make it disappear. Also, can you add a background story to all of these things? Great idea though.

Inferno_Draconis likes this.
  2. Tea Mate

Tea Mate Existential Complex

Ah, i got another one:

When you are walking with a flashlight at night, your flashlight flickers for a second, and a zombified version of a player appears before you in the light. You can only see it for a split second, because the flashlight flickers again and everything goes back to normal.

3. RandomosityFV

RandomosityFV Big Damn Hero

Good Idea this Draconis, would make the game a little more interesting

4. ~~Edit~~

Adapted your idea and added it. I thought this idea was more suitable for Bigger Mysteries, however. Hope you like the result.
    Btw, I deliberately avoided writing a background story to these events, as they are supposed to be mysteries, some of them unsolveable. I don't want to give anything away. :sneaky:
    ~~Edit~~

Added to Bigger Mysteries.

Thanks for contributing, both of you! :up::up:

5. Axelthegreat9

Axelthegreat9 Subatomic Cosmonaut

some of these literally gave me goosebumps reading them

6. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

Achievement acquired!: poo self over 9000 times!

7. Tea Mate

That might be a good achievement! You would have to find at least (insert number here) creepy secrets to unlock it.

8. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

Achievement acquired!: no pants left!

9. E-e-xcelent... :mwahaha:

10. Kristopher

Kristopher Phantasmal Quasar

The reflection one is one of them that to me is one of the creepy ist.

11. Kristopher

[quote=" snip [/quote]

Hey got a idea.
    A really huge shadowy figure runs charging at you you keep shooting it (it doesent take any damage or doesent fall) and right before it touches you it dissapers .

12. Hey got a idea.
    A really huge shadowy figure runs charging at you you keep shooting it (it doesent take any damage or doesent fall) and right before it touches you it dissapers .[/quote]
    ~~Edit~~

Added to Bigger Mysteries. Thanks! :up:

I need some more ideas for Minor Oddities to balance out the lists. I'll try to come up with a couple more and post them tomorrow, but any suggestions in the meantime would be welcome.

Kristopher likes this.
  13. Tea Mate

I think i've got something, at least one of the three might be suitable:

While exploring you find an ancient sword stuck in stone(like excalibur) and a red ribbon tied to its handle. If you try to take it, it crumbles to dust and the ribbon flies away with the wind, disapearing.

A closed coffin is lying in the middle of some abandoned high-tech place. Trying to open it would result in a message "The coffin is shut tight". If you visit that area again you will find the coffin open and empty.

Underground, in the darkness, you see something black moving, as if the darkness itself was moving. If you turn your flashlight that way there's nothing there.

14. ~~Edit~~

Added two of your ideas to Minor Oddities. The sword idea is nice, but doesn't seem to fit too well in a sci-fi setting. I adapted the coffin idea to something I thought more suitable for sci-fi. The moving darkness idea seemed to fit just fine, though. Nice work. :up:

Added a couple of my own ideas as well.

P.S. If anyone here is unhappy about the way their ideas have been handled, please say so and I will make the necessary corrections.

§hifter likes this.
  15. Derfpace

Derfpace Cosmic Narwhal

Adds an aspect of horror. kewl.

16. Kristopher

~~Edit~~

I have a minor i think.

Going to a random planet there will be a person ( rather evil looking ) you can NOT interact with him at ALL you can shoot at him stab talk to him and no reply or even a flinch. If you leave and come back he's gone but all that's left is either nothing or just a simple Blank paper.

17. Ghoschief

Ghoschief Phantasmal Quasar

Gosh, just reading some of these sends chills down my spine. I would love to see this in the game, it would add a whole new element and spice things up :D

creepwolf and Kristopher like this.
  18. ~~Edit~~

This seemed more suitable for Bigger Mysteries, so I added it there. Doesn't matter though. The Minor Oddities list is quite long now.

Take pleasure in the knowledge that you may have made Starbound creepier. :devil:

P.S. If you have been given the shivers today, please share and tell me which one creeped you out the most. It will help me learn your weaknesses.

19. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

I want it to rain fish to feed sukuria and later RAIN CREEPERS

20. Clad in Plaid

Clad in Plaid Cosmic Narwhal

Oh dear. Twilight Zone in Starbound. God help us all.