1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The six keys and stuff

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ccstewy, Apr 23, 2015.

1. ccstewy

ccstewy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well we know that 5 of the six races needed are the floran,human,glitch,apex, and the hylotl. Maybe you need six players all at the ark, each with one of these races to unlock it.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

In before the singleplayer crowd complains that such a requirement would be limited to players who use multiplayer and be unfair for everyone else.

<_<

>_>

I don't think so. Such a requirement would be limited to players who use multiplayer and be unfair for everyone else.

3. Squeegeeie

Squeegeeie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think there is a reason that the NPCs you see being designed in the blogs are one each of each important race.

4. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Perhaps they're vital to the plot?

Serenity likes this.
  5. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

I thought novakid was on the arc thing... I really wouldn't know since I have not been there yet, but that is judging from the pic shown here in the forums. At least I thought they were on that closed of gate looking monument. hmm..

Yeah I wouldn't be too happy if it was a multiplayer only thing. I like multiplayer, but usually end up in single for the most part.

I can only speculate it is part of an elusive plot to lure unsuspecting people that are curious enough, to lead into a trap that unleashes an evil veil upon the universe. That by which was sealed behind the ark long ago. Also explains why the 8th slot looks deliberately torn out of the socket on the outpost gate. Raiders of the lost ark comes to mind with all the melting faces of a powerful artifact. Also other games and movies as well with an evil veil nature that spreads like wildfire. Hmm... The blob, unless it happens to be nitrogen based, then fire will fuel its' growth to supremacy.

Ok enough with references. ><

Since I have not been there this is all I can really do is speculate. After all the universe or sectors remaining to be created are not there. They have mentioned 2 others. One for creative and one for pvp or similar. Maybe even expanding to another universe in which all planets exist equally. I don't know. Just a few thoughts.:)

6. ccstewy

Well the last one is either a nova-kid or an avian, to me it just looks like a beak. I'm talking about the glowy blue sign with the six peoples to the right of the arc-gate

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  7. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

So the pic in this post is not the arc gate?

Like I mentioned before I have not gone to the arc place yet. So I have not clue as to what you are talking about. What I was saying is in reference to the Tiy pic in that linked post. I'll have to see for myself what the fuss is about. I was only giving my speculation on what I have seen presented here and what bits of info was mentioned. *sigh*

I know I'll get around to it eventually, but so many games are updating. I guess I play too many games, if that is possible...lol

Serenity likes this.
  8. ccstewy

That is the arc gate, i'm talking about this: http://prntscr.com/6xdbbl

9. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Yeah novakid is not in that screenshot. Of course how would you depict one in something basic as that. o_O

Hmm... I really aught to check that place out. ><
    That way I will not be so clueless, and don't like spoiling myself too much by looking things up that I haven't even come across yet. At least it wasn't too showy.:)

10. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

An omega, just like on the gate. You could easily fit one in that 8x8 pixel space.

Tamorr likes this.
  11. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

forgot about their brands...><

guess that say much of my character choice.>< Haven't played one enough to remember, or in this case I haven't played that race yet. lol
    Thanks for pointing that one out.:)

12. Sonic1750

Sonic1750 Yeah, You!

YouTube spoiler alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 2 emtey spaces are the race of the monster that destroyed many planets and there are only 6 keys and nova kid doesn't have one because It just came into exsitance somehow but not by the godly figure and if you can figure out how to get the peguin race then that one doesn't count either besides its a cheat. There's also a picture somewhere on the interwebs that shows the gate with the 2 missing tablets!!!!!

13. larsiboy0101

larsiboy0101 Void-Bound Voyager

Ich denke, dass Sie p sprechentpost and make their quest to become keys or hint.

14. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

According to what I've heard, the Penguins are a branch of Avians that left and became space pirates.

LuckyMax5 likes this.
  15. Icedragpn120

Icedragpn120 Intergalactic Tourist

There arent only 5 races actually there is Apex, Floran, Human, Hylotl, Glitch, and Number six The Novakid

16. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

He said "5 of the six races"

17. Old_Crazy_Gamer

Old_Crazy_Gamer Pangalactic Porcupine

How About in single player mode, having the other races as NPCs that you have to quest to get.

18. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

This is most likely the case, if you remember they had consept art for story important NPCs, one from each race.

19. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

You forgot Avian. :p

Novakids are currently not included in the story nor the outpost, or (AFAIK) any of the lore at all.
    They're basically not a canon race as nothing in the game recognizes them as a thing that exists. Even NPCs give generic reactions to the Novakids.
    Honestly, Felins are more legit than Novakids, except the Felin weapons havn't all been finished yet (unless there was a big update I missed).

STCW262 likes this.
  20. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

MysticMalevolence and Nixling like this.