1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED the pony modpack V3.2.4 Balanced Stallion

a starbound my little pony: friendship is magic centred modpack

1. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

silence....
    [​IMG]

2. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

go code :c

3. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

guess what i do during my free time at my job...

4. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

I was kinda joking :l

5. firekirby135

firekirby135 Big Damn Hero

Hello there, Firekirby here~! My friend Midnight and I were browsing mods to add to a private server of ours for our friends when we came across yours. If you don't know who we are, allow me to introduce ourselves; we are the musical authors for all of the Ponex mod's songs. (check the readme if you don't believe me)
    Now before you jump to any conclusions, no, I'm not here out of malicious intent. We are already credited in the readme for Ponex, which you have kept in the mod file, so there's no reason for me to be. On the contrary, I am here to inform you. All the songs in the modpack? Completely outdated at this point. We made those using a old program initially used for LotRO. However, shortly afterwards, Starbound Composer came out, and we instantly clung to that. Instead of fixing what we did, we scrapped all our old songs and remade them in Starbound Composer, 95% turning out better than their old versions as a result.
    Getting back to the point, as you may have already figured, we have updated versions of most of the songs made. Yeah, most meaning we don't have them all yet, but should you want to update, I can have the rest of the songs updated and ready by tomorrow night. ;)
    If you wish to view our library of songs, you can find it HERE. Of course, we don't work strictly on MLP songs, but we do prefix them all with MLP, so if you do a find search on the page you can easily find them all. Update of your own whimsy, but if you wish for me to finish the rest, you have but to ask. (with the exception of the theme. That's Midi's work, though I'm sure he'll shoot me the midi file if I ask for it)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  6. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

Hi there!
    I'm currently working on the next update since.... 2 or 3 months and I've still got a ton of work a head of me (the new ships... I need to start to make some designs.). as far as i know the next update is not coming before a month or tow. I would really want to get the updated version for the music in the next update. I've received a lot of comments about your music. as far as i can tell the users love them.

I'm working on the next update as often as I can, and i would really want to have some updated versions of your songs. as i said you don't need to get in an hurry to finish them, the important is the quality and not just the quantity.
    So take your time and when you are done, just send me the files and i will add them to the game.

i'm trying to get the next update of the modpack out the same day as the game will pass to rampaging koala.

By the way, the link didn't work.

7. firekirby135

Aww, sweet. ^_^
    [​IMG]
    Fixed, and for the record, link in my signature leads to the same place. :rofl:

8. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

You dont HAVE a signature. T_T

9. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

Does too have a signature :p Maybe you should turn on the option to display them eh? :lickitung:

10. Midnight_Blitz

Midnight_Blitz Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hello, other guy, here.

If you can't see it, have signatures disabled, didn't see Kirby's post already, or are in Tapatalk for some silly reason, the link is here.

@C0bra5
    I thought you should know, because it's currently not sorted too well, all MLP-related songs are tagged "MLP - Insertfilenamehere". Anything with 2 or more parts to it will have a folder containing those parts (2 things as of writing this. I think it was Children of the Night and Winter Wrap Up?). I'm planning on attempting at the least duet versions of existing solo songs, but that's for a later date. When that happens, I'll probably just bundle that all into one giant pool of pony.

When I gave the songs to Chandrak, some new versions of some songs became "alternative versions" because of major changes in key, pace, or notes that made it incompatible when played with previous versions of the song. The alternate version thing does not exist in our little database there, but instead, old versions of MLP songs are stored here until we get to them. (Assuming that link works. If not, look under "zzz - Old Songs > Anime/TV/Movie > Mly Little Pony: Friendship is Magic"). You SHOULD have all of those songs already, so I recommend only using that as a reference point against songs obtained.

Everything in the main menu and the two MLP sub-folders there are newer versions of the songs, but I feel like they can be improved. I'd like to go over everything with Kirby again and see if it'd be possible to add the latest seasons' songs we don't have in there some time around the next official patch. I've become super busy as of late, though, so this has become a free time thing for me, unfortunately. I'm planning on working on this more frequently as soon as the next update comes out as well, but until I get more free, quick fixes will do for now, on my end.

On a personal note, though... I'm really glad to see these mods (and songs, wow :speechless:) carrying on for such a long time (in a combined state, even). It makes me happy to hear people like the music, as well, That's what I like about doing this sort of thing. Thank you. ^_^

11. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

As i said before, if you want to make more, make it better, or anything else, DO IT! I've got plenty of time before the next update. it may come out in a month or tow.
    if you are plannin on doing the last season songs, i will be more than happy to add them to the modpack!

12. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

You realise signatures are disabled by default, right? Also, I dont want a link to your ABCs, that was posted before! Why would you post that?! I want a link to ENABLE signatures,duh?

Also, just wondering, did you fix the Discord-TLT abc? Because before it would just go "beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep" when some ohter instrument was supposed to play something else ontop of that, and you obviously cant do that in Starbound, so..

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  13. Midnight_Blitz

Midnight_Blitz Subatomic Cosmonaut

Then clarify that next time before you make us look like foals, please.
    It's somewhere under the general settings of your profile. You know, near where you added your avatar? I'd give a link, but I'm mobile and cannot provide one.

Discord is one of Kirby's top priorities I'm told. Even he doesn't like it. It is not fixed yet.

14. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

http://i.gyazo.com/85a32583a9379a4c875e3504562141b6.png
    No, its not in general settings.

http://i.gyazo.com/c198b96461b2bbc6f9c6d6d91914fada.png
    ITS IN PREFERENCES!

Check what you're talking about next time before saying the wrong thing? :l

15. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

Scival... use logic for once... Signature is a feature of pretty much all existing forum.
    [​IMG]

Christovski likes this.
  16. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

is it bad that when i saw this my inner jeff dunham fan inmetaly said "i kill you"?

17. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Trolololololo
    Yes i had to.

But yeah, signatures are disabled by default. They were for me anyways.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  18. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

[​IMG]

19. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

ABSOLUTELY
    FASCINATING!

20. firekirby135

Watchu talking about? I absolutely fixed it! Granted, it still doesn't sound as nice as I would like it, but it's at least distinguishable as Discord rather than just noise. I may go back later on and see what I can do to make it sound better, but for now, I'll be focusing on the ones yet to be updated/implemented.