1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED the pony modpack V3.2.4 Balanced Stallion

a starbound my little pony: friendship is magic centred modpack

1. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

Not really, I'm planning on adding that in the next update

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  2. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

3. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

This has probably been asked before, but how come there's a 3D Luna SAIL, as opposed to the more stylized type in Starbound? It's not an issue either way, I'm just curious.

4. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

I'm a 3D modeler and programmer. Pixel art isn't my biggest strength; I decided to use a rendered 3D model and go off of that instead of trying to make something minimally good looking. My goal is to try to make a more vanilla-looking one in the future, but for now, I prefer fixing the current problems of the mod.

The reason for the quite long update right now is that I am reworking more than 90% of the mod pack's content. This is because after three years of development the modpack has become hard to work with. I'm prioritizing the optimization over new content right now. After the update my goal it to come back to content updates.

5. Leyen Enyo

Leyen Enyo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Personally, I prefer the 3D model. I think it works here since it's a sci-fi game, and it makes the mod feel more unique.

6. SunnehPower

SunnehPower Void-Bound Voyager

I did see someone a while back post a concept for a different SAIL. I have that picture saved here somewhere. Ah, here it is. ai.png
    Maybe find someone who can expand upon this in the future. Not immediately, but maybe eventually.

7. Thorgim

Thorgim Big Damn Hero

I have a question. I have build the Ponex Magicraft Station, but can only make the pegasus wings in it, is that true or am I able to upgrade it, to make horns, clothing and ect.???

8. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Question, if I tracked down someone to do a more style-standard SAIL image, would that work?

9. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

It would need to fit the AI frames. As long as you find someone who can do voluntarily/out of their own will, it's welcome. Anyone who helps in the in the modpack gets a credit.
    now my brain is jelly it's 4am and i need sleep.

10. MelOzone

MelOzone Pangalactic Porcupine

Sorry your brain is jelly @C0bra5.
    A couple of questions:
    1. I am somewhat lazy to scan 200+ pages but I remember you saying something about "automatically adapting vanilla vanity sets for non-humanoids is now theoretically possible". Am I recalling this correct? If I am, how can it be done? (I'm not asking to make alt pixel models for armor and clothing - if it comes to that, I will probably try to do them myself. O sancta simplicitas, yeah).
    2. Is there a way to specifically spawn pony tenants? Afaik there is no furniture with appropriate tags, but I may be wrong. If not, is it theoretically possible with additional models for props?

11. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

It would convert automatically when worn in the armor slots, but I have to find a way to make it more efficient for now, and I don't think I plemented that yet.

As for the tennant thing you can randomly get one to spawn from any deed, but not when a furniture has a tag that forces a race.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

MelOzone likes this.
  12. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

I've seen people using Silverfeelin's custom pant generator to turn themselves into cats, fennixes and the like, so I was thinking if I had a sprite sheet for a gryphon...?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  13. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

I haven't published any of my attempts, mainly because they would always end up more broken looking than the last one or the hitbox / armor compatibility was so off the charts that It would take an entire update dedicated just to that...

Also god damn am I busy right now, the normal work rate should resume in a month.

14. Leyen Enyo

Don't over-exert yourself. By the way, I've already played with your mod and I'm loving it already. I even drew my Ponex character with the H.A.R.M.O.N.Y Mk. 6 in her hand. Though, it looks more like a wand than a cannon, but wands are powerful weapons in the game, so it'd make sense to have it like that.

Edit: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/22732338/ Here's the link. Sorry that the image failed.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  15. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

The image is broken, can't see it

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

16. Leyen Enyo

17. MelOzone

Sorry to hear that. Meanwhile I've decided to derp around in Inkscape a little.
    Look Mom I've made a picture!
    [​IMG]

PS. Theoretically, with enough of these it *may* be possible to spawn the tenants we want. Btw, afaik racial armor stands already have all the required tags.

18. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Here's a quick question - there seems to be a overall shortage of pony-tagged furniture in the mod. Would you mind if I looked around and checked if I could scrounge something up to add to the mod? The lowest-hanging fruit might be paintings, look for stuff that would fit thematically, ask the artists' permission and adding it to the mod, possibly through a crafting station?

{I am totally not offering because I want a live test subject to learn how to mod on}

19. MelOzone

Are you asking me or C0bra5? Because that was essentially what I was looking to do.
    I somewhat lack ideas on what the furniture could look like (to fit SB style) so I first looked at posters, too. For now it's vectorized show posters (I try to pick those that will match the overall SB pixel theme) as well as some FoE posters.
    Maybe we can join forces?

PS. And when C0bra5 is back he may include our stuff in the core mod (if he wants ofc).

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  20. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, that was at Cobra5, since he/she is in charge of the mod.