1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Nebulites 3.2

The Nebulite Race: An ancient race forgotten by time!

1. OctoSHarkTasaurus

OctoSHarkTasaurus Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hello! I'm just here to say that this one of my favourite mods.

I will undoubtedly be recreating my character Oroex to be the one to destroy the Ruin. I do hope that you can alter the storyline when you pick Nebulite. As a Nebulite protector seems very strange and implausible.

I am available, freely, for any help you wish for on the topic of character design and dialogue.

Vladimier and NegrowanKenobi like this.
  2. NegrowanKenobi

NegrowanKenobi Space Spelunker

Any updates......

3. OctoSHarkTasaurus

Not yet. I guess.

4. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

ALRIGHTY.

I've finally started to pick this project back up, so here's whats happening. Originally, I was working on updating the mod but ran into a few issues where weapons weren't working right. I had set the project aside for a while and started a new project; ZZ Mech Modifications. Working on that project has given me a better feel for Starbound's aesthetic, and I've decided that I'm going to be remaking this entire mod from the ground up, but in the process I'm going to be making changes, overhauling sprites and tweaking the storyline. Along the way I'll try to post updates as I go, the first update is to the Creation Altar. It is no longer going to be a crafting workbench, but something that plays a larger role later on. It is now known as the Altar of Origin.

Here's a gif of the current redesign: https://gfycat.com/DescriptiveAdolescentFiddlercrab (gfycat ruined the quality of the gif a bit, but I promise it looks cleaner in game.)

I'm SUPER sorry to anyone who's been waiting on this, I just got sidetracked with another project/work and I'm gonna try to make the mod even better. As always, feedback/constructive criticism is highly appreciated!

xaliber likes this.
  5. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Yey remake of the Nebulites! Long as those sexy as hell Quarterstaffs come back I'll be happy :3

Now all we need is either Djinn or someone else to update/rebirth Peglaci, wherever they all went, and I think Starbound's nice and fine to me :3

6. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

I was actually giving the staves a new look, but I could add the legacy ones in as legendaries or something. These are the current redesigns:
    [​IMG]

Gratuitous Lurking and EricD112 like this.
  7. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Also, with the remake, I'm going to try to fix some previous issues the mod had. One major issue was that Corrupted Crutters spawned waaaay too often, so to fix this I'm going to create microdungeons that they spawn at (similar to those tiny above-ground bandit camps). These microdungeons will also have a supply chest located at them, rather than having the supply chests littered around like normal chests are.

EDIT: The supply chests are going to be the only source of SPECIAL quarterstaves (the ones that shoot lasers, leave trails, ect). Normal quarterstaves will spawn in weapon chests like any other weapon.

8. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

9. Gratuitous Lurking

Heh, nice throwing arm :3 You getting creative with some of the new special attacks, then again last time I didn't get past the ore-specific ones so what do I know :S

10. thatMUELLERkid235

thatMUELLERkid235 Void-Bound Voyager

you, mod maker. you are an artist

EricD112 likes this.
  11. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Staves are gonna function differently in the new update. You'll no longer be able to hold them forward, but instead their primary attack is flurry attacks (like the spear special skill). They also have 2 special abilities now, the first is their "Special", which is their ability, the second is their "Skill", which is going to be an ability more focused on survivability rather than damage (such as parry skills).

EricD112 likes this.
  12. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Alrighty, opening up some beta testing for 3.0 very soon to make sure stuff is working right! If you're interested, let me know and I'll be adding people to a private conversation where I'll be posting beta updates/changes.

Please note that if you do decide to join it, there is a chance it could break your game (I hope not, but the chance is always there.)

13. Gratuitous Lurking

Well, I had just recently reset my universe and characters, so all I'd really lose is a couple weeks of work. I'm game! Good test for compatibility with massive amounts of mods too :p

14. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Alright! I'll add you to the conversation shortly. Gotta get revision 1 ready.

15. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

For anyone thats not trying out the beta, here's the new ship design:
    [​IMG]

I know the other racial ships aren't angled like this, but I felt this style gave way for more detail and made the ships look nicer overall.

xaliber likes this.
  16. Zombielogic101

Zombielogic101 Phantasmal Quasar

when the rebuild of this mod is done will it be uploaded to the steam work shop?

17. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Yes.

18. OctoSHarkTasaurus

Great to see you back into it! So, is it currently compatible? or are you now just getting it ready?

19. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

The beta is actually pretty far along at the moment, just got the quests and some armors left to add in.

20. snaid1

snaid1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm glad this is coming so far along!
    If you are still taking Beta Testers I'd like to volunteer!

Also I was wondering if after you are finished if you would be making this compatible with the Tier 9 ships mod?