THE MORE YOU KNOW... about the Unstable Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by kyren, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Yeah, they had me fooled.

2. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

No no... I am waiting for the finished out of beta game, or should say awaiting. What I seen so far I like. I like playing the game so why not. It is quite a few of the features that I am patiently waiting for, not the actual playing of what is currently. lol

I guess I was a bit vague on that part. ><

And will continue to play seeing the progress, at least on the unstable side.:)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
    Shador likes this.
  3. Pofinator

Pofinator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

literally won't open after downloading on my macbook air, used to work fine. the error is sometimes that it is already running and others it just says error? any ideas or anything

4. Galacticon

Galacticon Void-Bound Voyager

5. Fluff

Fluff Title Not Found

Already played for a little over 2 hours. The changes are already incredibly evident, very little is the same past it looking like Starbound. Sooo happy over this.

Tamorr likes this.
  6. RandomosityFV

RandomosityFV Big Damn Hero

Due to some unknown reason, I was not able to play use the nightly builds, something about a missing executable, whatever. So I switched to unstable specifically for this update. I must say, the game feels a lot better to play now, all the changes you devs are making are really paying off. Well, that's my opinion at least. Either way, keep up the good work!

7. platonist

platonist Void-Bound Voyager

Amazing! thank you :)

hoatuy likes this.
  8. IronFistSurvivor

IronFistSurvivor Subatomic Cosmonaut

I dunno whether to try it or wait for the push to stable... Anyway, good job on the new update.

9. RaginCajun

RaginCajun Phantasmal Quasar

I feel as though I should attempt to make a slight helpful comment in those going to play unstable. Don't throw bob-ombs. I mean mario bombs. In general you should probably just avoid blowing things up with explosives. It is rather "unstable" and explosions seem to cause crashes if there is a few of them. (From my experience of the current nightly build)

Axe Garian likes this.
  10. Madzai

Madzai Phantasmal Quasar

• USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST. Reason: Being a Jerk. Expires: 3 months
    Oh guys.. you tried so hard to summon us. I'm honored. So here i go.

Have i nice time playing your Monty Python version of Terraria in SPace!1! with combat unsuited for such type of game, with dull weapons, and dull enemies who looks like there from a game for 3 y.o., dull loot system filled with nothing but vanity crap. To hell with almost every original concepts and promises, enjoy your time playing a game there you can play a char without pants because - one must have their priorities strait (Devs included).
    And yes, time they spend making this update is absolutely inadequate for achieved results. But well, looks like when we speak about "indi Devs" we must take abilities of average junior programmer divide it by too to properly calculate time needed and efficiency of their work. And no, i'm not taking things from my arse.

And no, it's not mockery or troll attempt, it's my honest opinion, i'm just seriously disappointed about how people are "OK" with with paying for one game and receiving something completely different,

11. Enzencho

Enzencho Void-Bound Voyager

OHHH i can't wait to see the changes :D[DOUBLEPOST=1419069801][/DOUBLEPOST]
    in linux doesn't work too :(

Hey it's working fine! it only was a problem with mods...

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  12. Semerket

Semerket Big Damn Hero

okay maybe I misread something, but the blog post about unstable and stable, but it mentions that you might not see your characater if you played stable before. thing is, I was on unstable (not nightly) before, but my character is still gone. is the new unstable build incompatible with the old unstable build too, not just with stable?

13. Va1iD

Va1iD Void-Bound Voyager

Huh. As a user of the nightly builds, I'm a little confused as to why my character doesn't seem to appear when I'm selecting one (incompatible?). I thought this post said that users of the unstable builds were subject to this, not the nightly users. Ah well, I can just start again.

14. HitchhikerBros

HitchhikerBros Pangalactic Porcupine

The new Unstable game is AMAZINGLY FUN! I am so happy I joined this community a year ago! This game is looking better every day!

Darklight and Jonesy like this.
  15. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Neat. Buuuut imagonna stick with stable for now. Were I not fighting Adobe Premiere tooth and nail on something I wanna finish before Crimmas, I mumit bite...

But still, good news.

16. lonelyhornet

lonelyhornet Title Not Found

Sweeeet, super excited for the stable update. Though it'd still be cool to have gas giants as planets that only have cities like Bespin & Cloud City from Star Wars or other type cities that are floating above the clouds. Or more 'planet types' (not really planets, but locations) like a shipyard (with lots of ships, kinda like the outpost but maybe more vertical too with ships around it, like the ones we spawn in?). Though this may be wishful thinking or too premature, I am really looking forward to all the new content y'all are putting out to unstable/stable and hopefully will get me back into Starbound and onto some cool servers! Keep up the great work <3

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
    Sbonezzz, Axe Garian and Type1Ninja like this.
  17. NateDiemer

NateDiemer Subatomic Cosmonaut

Progress is progress, I guess. Within a year, perhaps the game will be out of alpha.

18. FreeSoul

FreeSoul Void-Bound Voyager

Props to you for your BIG optimism! :iswydt:

19. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

But... but... you said next week! Lets all rage since they dare to miss another ETA and release it early! X3

Fruiteyes and Type1Ninja like this.
  20. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

They said next week, last week :p

Jbeetle likes this.