Race The Medusans

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Reynbowz, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Zain Hallows

Zain Hallows Existential Complex

haha glad to hear xP :boo:

Nirn likes this.
  2. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

Again I'm fairly sure the name wasn't taken from Medusa the Gorgon, it was taken from the word used to describe a Jellyfish in its adult life stage. Which is called the medusa.

Reynbowz and Zain Hallows like this.
  3. Draks

Draks Subatomic Cosmonaut

true, but even then it still ties back to the mythological lady of stone. after all, a jellyfish can paralyze, and those tentacles are awfully snakelike.. But I understand.

4. Reynbowz

Reynbowz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Okay two attempts at Medusan clothing for you guys... not sure I like these that much, having a hard time dressing them in anything that doesn't decrease the aesthetic for me... although I do seem to prefer the second sketch. Toss me some ideas if you have any! :)

Nirn and Zain Hallows like this.
  5. Daemon54

Daemon54 Orbital Explorer

Nice idea, really good. This race was less humaoid tha then others, more animal !

Zain Hallows likes this.
  6. Cookiesauce

Cookiesauce Starship Captain

I thought this was something boring that was going to be a Medusa Race or something.
    Instead.. I got this amazing suggestion, thank you :)

Zain Hallows likes this.
  7. Reynbowz

Reynbowz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Happy Thursday, everybody!​
    [​IMG]
    Since we achieved the stretch goal for starter pets, I've been hemming and hawwing over ideas for pets this race might have. This is the first of my ideas.​
    Coral-esque pets, kept in pots mostly because they are pretty. These are living, sentient creatures, but they are stupid so owning them is okay. Sometimes Medusans will float them around with them ( similar to how some humans carry purse pooches ) and show off their rare colours and patterns to others. It is quite popular among the genetically-inclined to breed them for exponentially greater aesthetic purity. Well-bred ones can be quite dazzling!​

lenden, Skitz, Nirn and 1 other person like this.
  8. Skitz

Skitz Big Damn Hero

At first it got my attention, now it has my support.
    Sprite and mod away, this would be very interesting to see ingame

9. Cruxifer

Cruxifer Subatomic Cosmonaut

I can approve of this.

10. Instead of replying to such an old thread it would be a better idea to give it an upvote through the suggestion system or give it a "like", that's what these systems are for if you have nothing to add to the thread :V

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2013
    Blackleaf likes this.
  11. luki3m

luki3m Phantasmal Quasar

this race remember me the Hideauze from de Gargantia anime... very cool

12. Kelad

Kelad Astral Cartographer

Blasto? is that you? Awesome.

13. luki3m

luki3m Phantasmal Quasar

who is blasto? :rofl:

14. Reynbowz