The matter manipulator needs a backround story and more soul

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by General Nuclear, Feb 23, 2016.

?

should the matter manipulator have more story

1. yes

10 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. maybe

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. yeah but not yet maybe later

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. no but i would want a quset with it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

i really love all you devs have don with the matter manipulator latly thank you guy so much its more fun to use now but i think we can do even more with it also i don't mean that it don't have game soul but i mean that can get even more

i mean that the matter manipulator the most important and powerfull tool of the game and our best friend in the hole galaxy need some backround story

• like for instand how you got your hands on the bluesprint to it or how you got it,
    • (maybe you stole it from the miniknogs or it was one of the few and only things you need to take with ya when earth got destroyed or you found it on a dead adventure etc)
    • maybe who invented it ,
    • how common it is in the galaxy (i would say very rare since you never see anyone else with it ohter then players),
    • also why you never see anyone else with it,
    • how it works,
    • how its seen in the eyes of ohters,
    i mean that it should be one of the most exspensive and rare pieces of equipment in the galaxy and only the biggest industrial industries that can aford them that would explain most of it

• i also mean that it should feel more special almost as special like the fus ro dah shout in skyrim

not many should have it in the starbound univers it should be something

for exsample that npcs would recognise it and starts talking about it behind your back ,

also maybe its used in qusets to save lives or to get you to sercet areas or fix broken walls where monsters comes from maybe to break a glass roof with alot of sand or gravel or lava over it to stop a monster or something from reaching you by make it fall on it
    maybe it even is a monster that can't stand water

there should be many cheaply poor working buildt Replicas of it that would explain all the random manipulator module parts you finds,

there should be many that wants it from you but you never gives it up

maybe its almost indestructible

mabey its made out something super duper rare materia

maybe it haves a inbuildt teleporter core that teleports it back to the ship ever time you die

maybe there are some very rare ilegal parts that make it work on people and living creatures too if you finds it

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  2. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

You're in luck, actually. The very first mission of the upcoming story update will explain how you obtained your MM and why they're so rare.
    You are about to graduate from the Terrene Protectorate, an organization based on Earth comprised of all species dedicated to protecting the galaxy. Members of the Terrene Protectorate are granted their own Matter Manipulator, a rare and powerful tool of both creation and destruction, as well as the Terrene Protectorate's iconic badge of office. Unfortunately, right before you receive yours, Earth is attacked by a mysterious tentacle beast. You retrieve a MM off the (presumably deceased) body of the Grand Protectorate and barely escape Earth before its total destruction. You are the sole survivor, and the last member of the Terrene Protectorate. It's likely that your matter manipulator is one of the very last surviving ones in the universe.

General Nuclear and Alkanthe like this.
  3. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

WELL THEN
    I remember the good ol' days when you got one with little-to-no hassle. escaped you were, running from those who would see you sacrificed or fiendishly exiled. a rebel without a cause. a vagabond, a nomad, a force to be reckoned with.
    I like the change. it's a good thing. I hope the story diverts depending on what race you choose.

4. Faerdin

Faerdin Astral Cartographer

Dude. That is hardcore.

This update can't come soon enough. D:

5. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

wow very cool i like it a lot nice job of the devs:DD:party:
    but it still dosen't answer all the questions and i would have made it so we found it instead so we could do what ever we want to do with it without feeling any forced pressure of responsibility for makeing the galaxy a better place and we can't do it without your matter manipulator stuff unless we have too and i still hope it can be used in qusets optional of course
    but any way super cool that they added it thank you devs that are probably reading this too

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016