The Magical Thread of Slimy Awesomeness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LuthienNightwolf, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Except for the moonlight jellies. I've seen youtubers with rows and rows of crab pots show up at that festival. I forgot if you can or can't have slimes on the beach, but it would be interesting if you could enjoy the water jellies with the ground jellies :D

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I have a beach slime colony, they are definitely not around for the festival (nor are any of my lovely oak trees I planted all over the beach). haha I bet they'd make a very interesting luau soup though! >u>

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah so what I really need in my life right now is slimes at festivals so the entire village can react the way spouses do to slimes in the house. I would never be tempted to skip a festival again.

gamerfluid and LuthienNightwolf like this.
        • LuthienNightwolf

That would be great. lol Little slimes dancing at the flower dance with flowers stuck on them, or building little snowslimes. :rofl:

• sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, my first slime colony is finally reaching an adequate size, take a look:

[​IMG]

I had so many blue slime eggs and the blue matched the shore, but I also wanted some green slimes to possibly get turquoise!

My next colony will be in the railroad area since many have mentioned that's a good area to start a colony. If I do have a railroad colony, I would want yellow or fuchsia slimes. Does anyone know if it's possible to get those colors?

*also, excuse my pine trees. The tidal pool is the future site of my beachside forest!

Seismothesaurus likes this.
            • LuthienNightwolf

It's kind of interesting how many different shades of a certain color you can get just by hatching one egg color. I've got blues at the beach as well and I've seen everything from a turquoise to regular sky blue to an almost purple color. And they've never been crossbred with any other color. Same for the other colonies.

I got a lot of fuchsia slimes when I bred red with purple, but I don't know about yellow. My mom just lets all her slimes mix and she gets a lot of interesting colors.

sunlite likes this.
              • LuthienNightwolf

Guys...I think our slime farmers might be on to something here. lol

• Ipielle

Ipielle Title Not Found

Yayyyyyy!
                  Slime poooooowerr! ^^

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                  • Seismothesaurus

Fuchsia is very doable. I haven't seen yellow, but maybe if you go with green and keep the ones that come out lighter, you'll eventually end up with yellows. I think the colour itself is technically possible since I sometimes see yellow ones in the mines... but that may be a side effect of one of my 50+ mods, lol.

Aww, I'm so relieved that they don't die! Although looking at that jar of slime at the end... :rainbowbarf:

• LuthienNightwolf

Yeah the slime jar was kinda gross, I won't lie. haha

Gold/yellow slimes are a thing - they're kinda rare but you do run across them in the mines every so often, and they usually drop gold ore when killed.

Seismothesaurus likes this.
                      • gamerfluid

gamerfluid Void-Bound Voyager

I managed to get a full rainbow on my new ditto farm - a light green bred with a red one and I started getting orange and yellow babies <3 I also have a pink slime now, thanks I think to a purple/beige breeding!

sunlite and LuthienNightwolf like this.
                        • gamerfluid

Quick update of my pastel slime (again, using the ditto recolour mod for slimes) family and a theory - will our spouses still be freaked out by a slime in the house when the monster is contained? ;) I'm gonna find out how Emily feels, at least!
                          vlcsnap-2017-08-02-02h02m51s993.png vlcsnap-2017-08-02-02h05m41s417.png

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                          • Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think Emily might be more worried about the fact that her spouse is a horse.

• gamerfluid

I wore it to our wedding AND when I proposed, so she knew what she was getting into ;)
                              The game can't even handle our beautifully modded love...
                              emilykiss.gif

Also...she's letting me keep slimes in the house! so far I've hatched three eggs in the corner of our bedroom, inside a small iron fence, and there has been NO event where my spouse acknowledges the slime(s). The first two slimes mated twice, then the babies mysteriously disappeared (did they glitch out of existence? Did my wife decide to cull the bedroom herd? idk). I just hatched a third one, so I'm gonna try moving the pen and seeing how many I can get away with!
                              vlcsnap-2017-08-02-10h09m06s259.png

wronghandle likes this.
                              • Seismothesaurus

:giggle: I see I'm not the only one who refused to change my daily look and be serious for the ceremony:

skull wedding.png

Hmm, I wonder if the fence is having some effect on her not minding? Maybe they have to be loose and accessible. Not sure as I haven't actually tried that location!

gamerfluid likes this.
                                • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

It's because they're not in the kitchen. I had slime there too where the spouse let them be, but as soon as they showed their squishy face in the kitchen they were killed.
                                  It's potentially because they're not in the same room though and not just because they're not in the kitchen. I don't know if the spouse would react to the slime if they were in the bedroom.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

They just don't want slime all over the kitchen floor and countertops!

• LuthienNightwolf

They'll react no matter what room the slime is in, they just have to be able to reach the slime. You aren't so much keeping them in with the fence as you are keeping Emily out. ;) That's a clever way to keep them indoors without them getting immediately smashed by your spouse though!

• Rauchschwalbe

Rauchschwalbe Cosmic Narwhal

Wait wait wait - spouses can smash the slimes inside the house? Is there a cutscene for that or something like this? I never knew that before.

• Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/the-magical-thread-of-slimy-awesomeness.127962/page-3

It was at the beginning of this thread. Some people tried to get CA's attention to it's discovery because he once mentioned an undisvovered easter egg.

Edit: the CA-summoning can be found on page 6 of this thread.