Gameplay [The Kingdoms] Conquering the Aldermin Expanse

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by SivCorp, Feb 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

The Conquering of the Aldermin Expanse

Pirate-logo.png

Part of The Kingdoms storyline, this band of dejected Hylotl will carve out a fortress of honor, decency and order in the universe. Known as the Kyohis, these Hylotl Pirates were once part of the merchent fleet for the homeworld. After the fall, they decided to shrug off their pasifisim and fortify themselves a new homeworld. These are the logs of their leader, Natsumi Kaeru

Prologue --

Natsumi Kaeru reporting, I have escaped the demise of our homeworld, but most of the Kyohis fleet was lost. Many good captains, merchants and friends lost to such a barbaric and unnatural species. I have escaped with a bad slash to my right eye, and have taken one of our last ships out into deep space. Takeshia and Arata where able to beam aboard before each of their ships succumbed to the onslaught. The FLT drive of the Sokudo Hikari is one of the fastest in the fleet, but was damaged in our escape. The stardrive failed to disengage and kept us going long past our rally point. We eventually lost main power from the drain, causing the fuelcells to rupture. Thankfully the damage was mostly exterior to the ship, and is repairable. We will first need to menuver to a planet that we can use as a repair spot. Arata thinks we were lucky and found a good, lush moon nearby to get to. Hopefully our rasions hold out..

Day 1, Landing --
    RP-Kingdom-Day-001.jpg
    Land ho! Does it ever feel good to be off that ship... This little, lush moon will work nicely to begine anew. Takeshia and Arata volunteered to scout the surrounding area while I find a spot to set up camp. They headed East while I headed west. Upon going over the first hill, I spot a good starting place, an old, stone tower. Possibly of Glitch design, it has been decaying for quite some time. Regardless, it will serve as a makeshift landmark for now. By evening I had pitched a tent and set up a garden for crops. When Takeshia and Arata returned with many seeds and some raw materials, we used the rest of the waning light to plant and build a workbench. They talked about their findings for that day, the anatomy of the planet, and a surprise they wanted to show me tomorrow. A good days work. They want to sleep on the ship, I decided to sleep in the tent. I can't stand any more time on that ship.
    RP-Kingdom-Day-002.jpg

Day 2, scouting --

With a new day, we all went to the east to see what Takeshia and Arata had found the day before. Just over the next hill, it was an abandoned mine, but still in good working order. With the food we now had, it was time to shelter up. We would have to rely on wood and thatch for now... and built some housing against the tower, and near the mine. Perhaps our luck was changing for the better.
    RP-Kingdom-Day-004-b.jpg

Day 3, building --

Close access to the mine has given us a good advantage to getting some coal, copper and iron going. Arata planted a forest for lumber harvesting, and we built a logging watchtower on top of the hill between the old glitch tower and the mine. We could keep good watch over our small territory from here.
    RP-Kingdom-Day-005.jpg

Week 1, the reformation --

Natsumi Kaeru, leader of the Kyohis. We have successfully colonized this small, lush moon. With a steady supply of food, lumber, bricks and ores, we can now work on repairing our ship. The scanners are still operational, and show the desert planet this moon orbits will have oil for some temporary fuel. We need to mine deeper to get some core fragment to repair our thruster engines, and that will be the aim this next week. We also found a miner down in the mines, but He is actually just a cook. He doesn't talk much, but agreed to join us, for he was apparently left here when the original miners left or died. Hopefully we will not suffer their same fate...
    RP-Kingdom-Day-004.jpg
    Honor to the Kyohis, order to us all.

Population - 4 of 5.7
    Jobs - farmer, lumberjack, miner, cook

>> food - [+1.7] - 39 crops 9 recipes, 5 water, 4 citizens
    >> health - [+2] - 3 food groups (+1 each), 1 water source (+1), no medicine (-.5 per person)
    >> housing - [-.5] - 2 tents (+.5 each), 3 basic bed houses(+1 each), 4 citizens (-1 each)
    >> moral - [-7] - no clothing (-.5 per person), no recreation (-1 per 10), no sanitation (-1 per person)
    >> total - [-3.8] - unhappy, but not bad. Needs improvement in moral and housing.

tech lvl - wood/cloth, copper, and coal fuel

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  2. Wisty

Wisty Subatomic Cosmonaut

Love the way you worked the stone into your wood buildings. Recycled the old glitch tower?

SivCorp likes this.
  3. SivCorp

General broadcast -
    With core fragment ore available, our damaged ship has regained it's thrusters and flight controls. We see that this system has an ancient gate, so we can jump to one of our outposts. I have posted a general labor ad for only Hylotls at the outpost, along with our seal. Perhaps more of our fleet survived the disaster of the homeworld and will make contact...

Week 2, Day 1, Bricking --

LushFarmland01.jpg
    The hamlet is coming along well but we must improve our buildings. Wood structures and thatch roofs will not work to rebuild our fleet. Bricks will be necessary. Strict Suzume has joined us from the outpost, and knows the arts of fire and earth. We will have our bricks fired and strong.

Week 2, Day 2, Bees--
    LushFarmland02.jpg
    The fauna of this planet has a couple species of bees, so we will take advantage of this. With beeswax available, we can craft candles for a reusable light source. The ways of the Kyohis take pride in being low impact to our habitats. We benefit the land, and the lands offer up its spoils to us. We also added a clothier station, for our clothing was getting tattered. Another cooking table is also set up... for us Hylotls take pride in our fine foods. It is also more efficient.

Week 2, Day 3, Forest crops--
    LushFarmland03.jpg
    Now with the ability travel the system, I have scouted the forest planet nearby for some much needed vegetables. Carrots, tomatoes and sugar, along with some more potatoes and wheat where gathered. We also found some orchard trees of peaches and pears. A full farm was set up, and another recruit joined from the outpost. We also received a message from some of our fleet. Survivors had made it out of the disaster at our homeworld, and are heading to us. They will arrive at the end of the week. The rush is on! An orchard is set up over the next hill, hopefully we will have enough food.
    LushFarmland04.jpg

Week 2, Day 5, Final preparations--
    LushFarmland05.jpg

With only a few days left, our gang pulled together and got another, smaller farm set up at the edge of the orchards. Suzume has fired a good stockpile of bricks and stone, so we set to work on a proper forge house. The miners have gathered enough iron and coal to start steel production, so an upgraded forge system is set up. Iron workbench, forge and anvil are all ready to go.

Week 2, Day 6, Arrivals--
    LushFarmland06.jpg
    Glorious day! The first ship came today. Six of our brothers and sisters have joined our ranks. Another ship is not far behind, but is not one of the escape ships, but a larger cargo hauler. We will need to make preparations for it to land. But first, we celebrate with our renewed friends, and comfort Lavdiya... apparently she almost didn't make it out of the battle.

Week 2, summery --
    Natsumi Kaeru reviewing. Our ranks have grown well, and our resurfaced crew mates are getting comfortable. We will need to address sanitation soon, but we have all the tools necessary to begin construction of manufacturing plants. With the surplus of food, and two small transport craft, we can start a settlement on the desert mainworld that we are orbiting. We will all rest now, for we have hope.

Honor to the Kyohis, order to us all.

Population - 17 of 22
    Jobs - 4 farmers, 2 lumberjacks, 2 miners, 3 cooks, brickmaker, bee keeper, clothier, iron crafter, 4 laborers

>> food - [+5] - 100 crops, 30 orchards, 30 meals, 20 water, 17 citizens
    >> health - [-1.5] - 5 food groups (+1 each), 2 water source (+1 each), no medicine (-.5 per person)
    >> housing - [+4.5] - 8 basic bed houses(+1 each), 1 brick bed house(+1.5 each), 12 beds, 17 citizens (-1 each without bed)
    >> moral - [-2] - 1 clothier (+1 per outfit), no recreation (-1 per 10), no sanitation (-1 per person)
    >> total - [+6] - Content, but needs medical and sanitation.

tech lvl - brick/wood, steal, and coal fuel

4. SivCorp

Week 3, Workshop--

Natsumi Kaeru report. This week was spent on the desert main planet building a workshop space to begin building our ship parts. Strict has done well in providing all the stone and brick to make a strong building of this size possible. Our miners are pulling good amounts of iron out for steel manufacturing, but the decision was made to not waste it on building our first workshop. Many other challenges arouse from this building as well. We went with a pillar system to give anchor points for lifts and platforms. We set up a pulley lift system for lifting the large components to the assembly area on the roof. This also allows transports to be able to ship parts to other future factories.

Our workers, however, needed a separate space away from the factory and off the hot desert floor. We found a few disabled glitch while clearing the area for the foundation. Takeshia worked on them, and was able to reactivate them. The first one remembered nothing, and seemed to be mentally lost, but the second was relatively unharmed. Calling himself Earl Rivetclamp, he described the plight He and his chef friend had gone through. Earl had been disconnected from the hive mind from an accident while on this planet on a surveying mission. He and his friend where then abandoned on the planet once the controllers on the ship realized that he had disconnected. They both eventually ran out of power, and where buried by the elements.

They both joined us, and Earl disabled the hive mind of his friend so that he could help us as well. Free to be his own self, he named himself Cablepop, and will be a chef and chemist for us. We planted some glitch foods under the living quarters. We will have to ship in water though, and built a water tower for that purpose.
    RP-Workshop-01.jpg

On another note, we also found a buried sewer system under our site too. This will finally enable us to add some sanitation to our forest planets.

Week 4, Second ship--
    LushFarmland07missed.jpg
    We have added watersheds to all our housing on the farmland areas, and expanded a little on the hills with some more farming. However, the big news is that the second ship finally made it to us. It landed on our landing pad at the desert planet, and we welcomed some more crew with a feast that evening. Now that we have a fully space worthy ship, we can start looking at the surrounding systems for better resources. Her captain, Ayana loves exploration, so I have made her my number 2 in command. Her ship needed very little in repairs, mostly because it wasn't attacked due to its very strong armor and very weak weaponry. It is really just a long range frigate. But it will do. It has a warp core, good boosters and engines, and adequate amenities for long range space travel.

RP-Workshop-01-Ship.jpg

Week 5, Fuel Depot--

With the new abilities of our newly arrived ship, we need to get fuel going for our soon to be made fleet. Thankfully this system has a moon that scanners show a good core of fuel. We have built a fuel pump in a crater and a large fuel tank. We also had to build an obsidian covered pipeline to pump out the fuel for transporting due to some meteor shower risks. We can now expand beyond this little system that only supplies food, lumber and iron level supplies.
    RP-Moon-Fuel-Depot-01-Pumps.jpg

Population - 21 of 28.7
    Jobs - 5 farmers, 2 lumberjacks, 2 miners, 4 cooks, brickmaker, bee keeper, clothier, iron crafter, 2 manufacturers, 1 laborer, 1 ship captain

>> food - [+6.7] - 147 crops, 30 orchards, 40 meals, 20 water, 21 citizens
    >> health - [-2.5] - 5 food groups (+1 each), 3 water source (+1 each), no medicine (-.5 per person)
    >> housing - [+9] - 8 basic bed houses(+1 each), 2 brick bed house(+1.5 each), 19 beds, 21 citizens (-1 each without bed)
    >> moral - [-2] - 1 clothier (+.5 per outfit), no recreation (-1 per 10), basic sanitation (-.5 per person)
    >> total - [+11.2] - Happy, healthier, board, and no medicine.

tech lvl - brick/wood, steal, and Erchius fuel

NOTE: changed a few values to better represent the balance of the town... may still change to fine tune balance.

5. Wisty

Wow. This architectural skill is really something.
    That ship is a beauty!

Edit: if you don't mind breaking your roleplay for a moment, how did you actually build a ship with thrusters and stuff? I don't know how to do it myself. Is it a mod?

6. SivCorp

I'll include my mod list, sure.

The one I'm using for the thrusters and ship parts is Hull Plating Blocks. It's old, but still works.
    I also use Blocktable Plus so I can craft all the blocks in game, not just raid dungeons for them.

The big one I use is Frakin Universe. Planets, power, bees, drinks, all kinds of stuff in this one.

I also like some automation from the Automatic Irrigator. Water pots are soooo not cool.

And for organization, I use the Item Broadcastor system. Once I'm organized, I stay organized :)

Oh, and I also minored in architecture....

TheFloranChef and Wisty like this.
  7. Wisty

That's quite a lot of mods I have never heard of. A mod that lets me craft every kind of block sounds like exactly what I need.

8. SivCorp

If you want as true to original for Starbound, I would just use the Block Table and Hull Plating mods. I actually don't use very many mods, compared to most folks here.... But to each their own. Time to get the series to another star ;)

9. SivCorp

Week 6, Exploration--

I spent most of this week exploring the surrounding systems. The first few stops where rather boring, a forest planet and another desert planet.... but the next was not. A forest planet with very large trees had abundant fauna and large, dangerous creatures. I heard gunfire echoing through the trees, so I went towards it to see who it may be. As I crested a steep hill, there was large, white lab building in the middle of a clearing. The gunfire erupted beneath me again, and I saw some large raptors charging at the guards on the ground. I decided to use some climbing rope and scale the side of the lab to the roof. Up above I encountered another guard who confronted me. It was an Apex, and not pleased with me being up there. He shouted that the MiniKnog do not allow outsiders, and death to spies. I had little option of diplomacy, and skewered him to the wall with my spear. Natsumi Kaeru does not take threats lightly. Many of our Hylotl brothers and sisters may choose pacifism, but those of us whom travel the stars and trade with all kinds of species know better than to be passive. I have heard of these MiniKnog labs... nothing good comes out of them. It was time to find out what really went on here. Hopefully I will make it back to report on the lab. If not, this will be my final entry.

Natsumi Kaeru reporting. I ... was able to clear... the lab. Whew, I'm still out of breath. Ok... What I learned was this. The MiniKnog set up these labs to further their scientific progression. This particular lab worked on liquid mechanics, apparently. After taking down the guards, many of the scientists, and some rather odd, mutated experimental specimens... the remaining lab technicians surrendered. One stated he had never seen a Hylotl fight, and it was absolutely terrifying. I thanked him, and put him in charge of our rebuild of this facility.

Week 7, Apex Lab Retooled--

With the Apex Lab liberated, we set about retooling the facility to focus on more progressive science. This planet rained often, so we built a collection tank for the water. While constructing it, a different storm rolled over the horizon... Pitch black clouds with very heavy winds. It rained a black oil for 2 days strait. After that storm, we changed the collection tank to a dual tank to make use of that oil. The lab has given us a tech advantage up to durasteel now. With stronger materials available now, it was time to get some real production going, starting with changing this lab over to a more useful building. The completed layout is included below.

RP-Kingdom-Week7-ApexLab.jpg
    We improved security with mounted turrets, and 4 guards. A large lift system was installed from the roof all the way to the ground, so cargo and finished product could be easily moved around. A teleporter and reactor where installed for power and transportation, along with some better living quarters and a full kitchen. A smelting area was also installed for metal productions. At the top, we used the large windowed areas to make some indoor farming areas. We kept some science lab space on the 3rd floor, and some testing chambers. The kitchen has a large freezer for the lab too. The 2nd floor was completely changed to manufacture small mechanized infantry suits. We will be formidable once again. Soon.

Added 10 citizens -
    4 guards, 2 scientists, 2 manufacturers, 1 cook, 1 farmer
    Increased tech to durasteel level, gained starting mechs, teleporters, and Frakin Universe crafting.

Total Population - 31 of 33.7
    Total Jobs - 6 farmers, 2 lumberjacks, 2 miners, 5 cooks, brickmaker, bee keeper, clothier, iron crafter, 4 manufacturers, 1 laborer, 1 ship captain, 4 guards, 2 scientists

>> food - [-.3] - 177 crops, 30 orchards, 50 meals, 50 water providing for 25 citizens (-.5 per person short)
    >> health - [-21] - 6 food groups (+1 each), 4 water sources (+1 each), no medicine (-.5 per person), basic sanitation (-.5 per person)
    >> housing - [+19] - 8 basic bed houses(+1 each), 2 brick bed house(+1.5 each), 10 Lab beds(+1 each), 29 beds, 31 citizens (-1 each short)
    >> moral - [+12.5] - 1 clothier (+.5 per outfit), no recreation (-1 per 10)
    >> total - [+10.2] - Still happy, but medicine and sanitation is starting to become a bigger problem. Also need better water sources and recreation of some type.

tech lvl - steel/plating, durasteel, and Erchius fuel

NOTE: changed around some statuses again. Puts some categories further into negatives, while some are much higher... we shall see if that is better or not.

10. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

I really like the repurposed Apex Lab. You got a landing pad and several useful rooms with a nice look.

SivCorp likes this.
  11. SivCorp

Week 9, First ship Produced--

Where did that week go? Oh wells, Commander Natsumi reporting. I did not report on our last week, for nothing eventful happened. The Lab is settling in and producing small Mech units, and the scientist there have even improved upon it. We have 4 mech units now available, but no means to transport them... Until this week.

This week we took our collective resources together, and built our first ship. It is a Mech assault drop ship. Below is a schematic with all the armament details. There are some flaws and issues with it, but the heavy armor, stout design and gunnery turrets make up for them. And now we can fully assault any ground target we wish. The Apex scientist mentioned a smelting plant a few systems over that could be liberated... we shall see. I'm kinda surprised we haven't seen any MiniKnog response from taking their lab.

"Bullfrog" class transport - mod mechE
    Ship-4smallDropship.jpg

Ship Designation - weaponized mech transport, Bullfrog
    Propulsion - 1 stardrive, 2 impulse engines, 3 thrusters
    Powerplant - 1 standard core, standard fuel (500 capacity)
    Armor - 3x metal armor plate, static landing gear
    Armament - 4 point defense turrets, 1 front bank of 4 assault turrets with blast doors, 1 antiship energy cannon (360 degree sweep, 20 degree pitch targeting)
    - 4 MechE class drop bays with quick deployment hooks
    Amenities - 6x crew quarters, small workshop, galley, cargo bay, long range communication array, blast doors

12. Kirumaru

Kirumaru Pangalactic Porcupine

Do you think as your technology develops you will go back and re-do the older houses?

I mean once you can upgrade them to something sturdier than wood/thatch will you take the time to do so?
    I feel logically that's what a colony would do - but I also feel like it is sad to undo your work just to update facilities for NPCs.

What are your thoughts? Just going to continue building, or go back and renovate?

13. SivCorp

Hmmm, that is a good question. We don't live in wicker and thatch houses nowadays... So I suppose the original colonies need upgraded as progress is made too. However, if some worlds are left as underdeveloped, perhaps those could be the poorer areas. A good question, I'll have to think about that one a bit.

14. Kezeal

Kezeal Ketchup Robot

Why haven't I stumbled onto this earlier? The buildings are amazing. Would've loved to see the Apex one changed a bit more though. Had to give a closer look to see it's not the original.
    The small spaceship on the house just looks amazing. A perfect 2-man ship if you ask me.

TheFloranChef, Kirumaru and SivCorp like this.
  15. SivCorp

Week 10, Massive Ruins, with trouble--

*static crackle* There, is this on now? Yes, good. Ok, this is Ayana reporting for Commander Natsumi. She is here with me, but we have had quite a week, haven't we? Mmm hmm. You just rest now, Natsumi.... I'll record.

So, after our "Bullfrog" ship got built, it was time to put it to the test. Natsumi and I went out to a neighboring star of a higher threat level. More risk, more reward, I think is what she said. Yes. Anyways, this giant forested planet gave us more than we
    bargained for. It had great flora, many useful plants, giant trees and organically rich ground. With it's good location, we decided it would make a great hub for our budding empire. However, the thick forest had it's problems. One of us had to explore from the ground, while the other flew over the canopy. I didn't like exploring separately, especially with all the large fauna readings... but Natsumi insisted. So we did it her way. Not such a good idea now, was it? Just load the images and get the recording done...

Ruins01.jpg

Yes, of course. After collecting tree samples and several crops, Natsumi radioed up that she saw light up ahead, over a hill. I held back as she scouted it out, and found a large ruin with Florans all around. Florans are generally a savage race that has little regard for decorum or diplomacy. And seeing as Florans drove us all underwater to survive, the Commander saw this as an opportunity to deal back some retribution.
    Ruins02.jpg

I dropped a mech down, and Natsumi started cleaning house. This mech features twin miniguns and a quad grenade launcher. The Floran had no chance. Our Commander gave them no chance.

After clearing out all the inhabitants, we looked around some more, and found this ruins to be quite massive. At the end of it, was a large temple like building with a throne made of swords, and a room full of gold and jewels. We will have to explore the ruins some more to see if there is more treasure hiding in it. This will give us a great start on our trading empire!
    Ruins03.jpg
    To protect our find, and to start development on this planet, we began to rebuild the temple into a landing pad area for our first trade post. I flew back to the colony to get some of our workers and a good supply of copper and stone to build with. I left Natsumi with a mech and some starting materials. I was gone for 2 days, to gather the required materials and load them on our 2 other transports. Once I got back, I found Natsumi had a little problem with the local fauna. A big problem, actually. While building the entry to our tradeport, she was attacked by large raptors. Apparently the Florans kept them back, and without them the commander had to keep them back all by herself. The first night, they came while she was on the third floor, and could therefor get the drop on them. They ran off, and she thought that would be the end of it. The second night, however, was much different. These raptors come in two sizes, and all that showed up that first night where the little ones. The large ones came in force that second night. After pushing back the first few waves, Natsumi tells me that she had to use the strength of the mech in close quarters combat, for the little ones joined in and began surrounding her. The cockpit got smashed in, and Natsumi was able to escape with her life up into the building. It looks like we will need to make this a fortified port town. So now, we have a bunkered entryway and, I held them off the next night... with the help of multiple turrets and the rest of our crew.
    Ruins04.jpg

With the borders secured, we all worked to finish the initial trade post landing pad building. We salvaged the communications array that our other transport had in storage, and set a coms tower on top, but don't have the proper consoles for getting a fully working tech station going. I guess Natsumi is going to have to try and recruit some more folks from the outpost with an electronics speciality... that won't be cheap. Good thing we got that gold from the Florans cache, right? Ugh, yeah.

Well here is the completed building with some of the amenities that we can create, hopefully Natsumi will heal quickly from all her scratches from those nasty raptors soon so we can get this project up and working. We need to advance so we can get trading. Its what we do!
    Ruins05_landingTower.jpg

Ayana signing off for Natsumi. Hopefully next week is less action packed, right?
    I hope so!

16. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

Very interesting post. I think I went to a planet like this once, but beamed out almost instantly. I was searching for nice trees for my colony and I didn't like what I saw there. It seems there could be worse things there...

SivCorp likes this.
  17. SivCorp

Week 11, What is an Avikan -

Natsumi reporting. I have healed from my encounter with the raptors of Alfrik system and have left the rest of our crew to continue working on our hub build. The large lizards still test their luck from time to time, but we have constant guards with mech suits on the perimeter. But we still need an electronics expert to get fully functional. Our mechs and primitive builds have all come from our one freighter ship and it's replicator system. We can't get the right systems in place with the little tech that is housed in the data archives... so we must get some raw talent. Unfortunately, talent is in short supply at the outpost. Most folks coming through are refugees or shady travelers, none of which have much talent for the higher tech class. Our Apex scientists at the lab have no knowledge of ship engineering or advanced electronics... they only seem to know of liquids and some biological things that I don't understand.

So the week has been spent rather wastefully, in my opinion, waiting at the outpost for some intel on where to find a suitable electronics expert. After the third day of sitting in the cafe reading up on some of my cultural studies, the penguin that was always there gave me a tip on an odd species that helped him deal with a pirate issue. He said that they looked like raptors, and had high tech stuff and a ship near our area in a desert.

We sought out the strange race and ship... finding it after a thorough scan over one of the desert planets near our hub. All we could detect was recent engine activity, but couldn't pinpoint the ship. We flew low to get a better reading, then detected a hot spot bellow us. Then BOOM! our ship lost power and crash landed into the sand dunes. No real damage, thankfully, but all the electronics where offline. We had found the raptors, and they had us. Well, until we booted up the mechs. We surrounded their leader when they tried to board the ship, and they promptly surrendered. But we where not looking for slaves, just allies. They agreed to joining our group, for they where curious of our goings about anyways. They had been watching us for a while, it seems. They are Avikans, a nomadic raptor that travels continually. These Avikans, however, where looking to settle down instead... tiered of the constant, busy nomadic lifestyle. They where actually quite intelligent and noble, for a raptor creature.

Whatever their motives, we acquired the technology we needed, and a really good ship too.

Ship-mediumScienceShip02.jpg

Their leader, Idisi as-Rhadas, took us on a tour.
    We went up the center lift, under the ship to the main lift area. First he took us through the teleporter room, and down to the bridge. The medical bay was directly behind the bridge, and an empty room under the bridge. Above was the Captains ready room and a sitting area, probably for meetings. Above that is the Captains quarters, bath, and tech station. The next level had the cannon that fired on us. Idisi says that the canon can fire many types of ammunition. We were hit with an ion energy bolt, in order to disable us. It can also energy, plasma and particle rounds or beams. At the top is the observation deck. Going back, there was a galley, water system room, and then a garden area with a little "Pinky" bot that auto harvested and planted algae. Behind the plantings is the lab, where they make the algae into biofuel, to fuel the engines bellow them. The generator feeds the power cells in the middle of the ship, as well as the upper section of the reactor core. The core itself powers the engines and shield systems, while the generator powers everything else. It looks like the core system is very active, for it even has an eject port in case it overloads. The bottom deck has the cargo hold, crew quarters, more workbenches and the bathroom.

The ship itself is a stealth science ship. Armored and shielded, it also has projectors along the hull that can clock it from almost all scanning. The only way we found it was one of the engines was malfunctioning, and emitting it's corona. They didn't even realize it was being a problem, and promptly fixed it. Designed for long trips, the fuel for the ship is entirely made on board. It could, theoretically, never have to stop for fuel. This is a great addition to the fleet!