OOC The Joining

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by PixelNinja, Jul 16, 2013.

1. SilvisMoon

SilvisMoon Big Damn Hero

what what

2. what what in the gut!

3. SilvisMoon

SilvisMoon Big Damn Hero

gut gut did what what

4. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

Okay guys this is getting way off topic.

Anyway, things have been slow recently. Noc and PixelNinja are presumably busy, The Demon Of Borders doesn't seem to be able to interact much, and, well, yeah.
    Me, B*RS and BoltCrank are trying to formulate up some kind of collaborative post or something, but, well, I have absolutely no ducking idea how to make a collaborative post.
    Plus I need a response from BoltCrank to finish up the "scene" and I've been a bit sleep-deprived lately. Stuff like playing games or casual talking is okay, but stuff that requires deeper thinking like literature-y writing is out.

5. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

The creator, and by extension the primary GM, is PixelNinja, but he hasn't been seen since the 10th of August, apparently. He's probably really busy or stuff, but I don't know for sure.

P.S.
    SilvisMoon, are you sure you read the entire opening post, which encompasses the rules and the background setting?

P.P.S.
    It's spelled SCYTHE, not SYTHE.

6. Shadow|

Shadow| The Number of the Minibeast

I apologise, I was just... bewildered to see that character sheet. It didn't fit in to what I pictured of this RP.

Also, Agreed, to all P.S. of that.

7. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

It's nothing too big. I'm just a bit sick of people incorrectly spelling the word 'scythe' over and over again - it happens quite a bit around the net, especially the ones with sub-par translations.

you didn't actually read the entire opening post, did you?

Again, you and Shadow would have to wait for PixelNinja to come in and approve your applications before you do anything. Might want to reread the opening post a bit to get the feel for things in the RP, maybe to decide what your first post will be. I'm mostly waiting for either PixelNinja or BoltCrank.

8. Shadow|

I feel for you friend. I myself am a Spelling Nazi who feels uncomfortable until I know the spelling is correct. So I often put words into Microsoft Word just to spellcheck them. Phoenix is another odd one. I also despise that the internet almost universally uses American spellings. I know most people who type English type American English, but as an English Englishman, I feel slightly disgruntled by the red lines under words like colour and neutralise.
    Let's take them in order.
    -He said to mention orange at the start. Then at the end of the OP he said to not mention orange but instead to mention sitting down.
    -This RP isn't a Starbound RP (like most RPs on this forum, it is a generic RP) and thus there are not Glitch persay. Maybe there could be robots, or Artificial Intelligences, but no 'Glitch', or Avians, or Floran, or Apex. This RP doesn't even appear to have Space travel. (It might do, but it isn't a major point)
    -This RP has humans, who could be local to this RP dimension (?) and Elves, Kitsunes, Mages, and other generally mystical beings who have been pulled through rifts in reality. Or..uh, something like that...
    -I believe that PixelNinja meant what brought you (the person) to this thread (on this forum) not what brought your Character to this planet/city/dimension.
    -Planning on not dying is a bit obsolete. I also plan on not dying (for a while) but before then I plan on becoming a teacher. My character doesn't really plan on dying, or on not dying. He's just a fun guys who plans on stealing stuff for not really any reason other than fun.

Does that cover everything?

9. Shadow|

Glad that got cleared up. Sorry if I came across as a bit... mad there. Or something...

10. ZilverZap

ZilverZap Pangalactic Porcupine

Application

Name: Garo Hax
    Species/Race:Human
    Appearance: For my face,just search on google Haso Xth form,then for his clothes,he's wearing a long black overcoat with a tank top inside,black skinny jeans.He also have a face mask that covers half his face when he needs it and his gauntlet hidden in the arm part of his overcoat.
    Background: Garo Hax was an orphan living on the streets with little or next to nothing of his past.He remembered just his name and nothing more.He was 13 years old at that time and was unexperianced with the world.He was acually a test subject from MesoCorps,experimenting with human to make superhuman powers.This required a large amount of people and resources to maintain and eventually the research was abandoned.They threw his body away in a dumpster and never thought of him again.He was codenamed"HAX" at that time,now he's Garo Hax.Their results were not in vain however,Garo discovered that he has enhanced stamina and athleticism,able to climb buildings with ease and increased speed,able to run faster than any normal humans.Thus he began work,first as a meager theif just to support himself.Then he gained a reputation for being able to gain any information or artifacts due to his speed and abilities.The mafia contracted him,the Yakuzas worked with him.Now at the age of 26,he's famous underground and reputed for dealing things without killing anyone,he's Garo Hax.
    Powers/abilities: As a result of a nearly perfected superhuman,he has enhanced speed and endurance.He's also gained some CQC combat abilities to take down foes unharmly,trained to him by the Yakuzas as thanks.
    Equipment: Garo dosen't just use his fighting abilities,sometimes he can get in a bit of a tight spot and so,he has a custom built gauntlet that can shoot a special type of grappling hook attached with a copper wire that can grapple to about 400 meters.He can shoot about 3 grapples at a time and the gauntlet is attached with a taser too.With the taser,he can either stun or completely make them faint with his shock taser.He also has several utilities like smoke bombs,small hacking equipment and mini booby traps.
    What brought you here?:After his 1 year contract with the Yakuzas,he's hoping for more work
    What you plan on doing?: Hopefully find more contracts.And to find an orange because why not.

11. SilvisMoon

SilvisMoon Big Damn Hero

nope!

12. PixelNinja

PixelNinja Void-Bound Voyager

Oh god Im sorry everyone >.< I completely forgot about the Starbound forums lol

13. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

You're back. Finally.
    Okay, I guess if BoltCrank doesn't show up soon I'll have to make do with the conversation that has happened...

14. Shadow|

-.-'
    Ok, so, yeah. That's fine. It happens. People forget things, but know that you're back, find my application, and perhaps accept it so I can jump into this story at some point.
    Assuming it is a fine App. Which it is, because I made it.

15. Black ★ Rock Shooter

Black ★ Rock Shooter Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I'm a potato and what is this

Mokona, if BoltCrank doesn't show up, want to continue the collab?

16. ZilverZap

ZilverZap Pangalactic Porcupine

Guys review my app i've been waiting for like a day :pwease:

17. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

Well sure, if you have an idea of what to think up. I'm coming up with blanks.

18. PixelNinja

PixelNinja Void-Bound Voyager

Shadow and Zilver your accepted. Silvis, could you maybe describe what your race is other then just "Glitch"?

19. Shadow|

After all that... The only problem he found, was he didn't recognise the race: 'Glitch'...

Thanks! I probably won't start writing posts though until we've gotten a bit further in if that's ok. Is that ok?

20. Nintendo_Play

Nintendo_Play Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I know that this could be dead, but can I join this bandwagon? :barefeet: