The Inkbound Order

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Mercenary Lord, Jan 23, 2013.

1. The theme song or Gandalf? :V

The song is pretty good, but... I mean, come on... it's Gandalf!

Fireworks? :rainbow:

Gandalf and nababoo like this.
  2. slaticus

slaticus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It looks like that seal was clubbed and it is lying in a sea of blood. I approve.

nababoo likes this.
  3. slaticus

So today I had a run in with some incredibly bad writing. I am taking English Comp 1102 (or just Eng Comp 2) in college this semester. Now, this is usually a freshman class. I am a junior. I skipped it, because at my old college, it was not a pre req for anything. So, of course, I have to take it now.

This class is filled with freshmen. We have a pretty good prof. I am enjoying myself immensely. Then we get our first writing assignment. Cool no prob. Write a short story. I can do that. I have spent the weekend writing and deleting page after page and showed up with virtually nothing today. Thankfully, we did not have to turn them in. Instead, we had to read them aloud.

I was sitting there thinking...this can't be that bad right? These are college students, surely they have read books before and know the basics.

NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.

I wasted 15 minutes of my life listening to this little dork talk about 2 high school students named Chaos Demon and Wolf going to a talent show, running from cops, and watching gay teachers passionately make out on stage.

My wtf meter hit the ceiling several times.

On the plus side, I will post my short story thing here when it is complete, so perhaps today was not a total waste.

4. Pandora

Pandora Existential Complex

I'm already in too many clans already :cry:
    I would totally try to join though. If only for the awesome banners ;)

Edit: Very nice selection for theme music. I do like my epic orchestrals.

Mercenary Lord and nababoo like this.
  5. Inkbound: :proper:
    Them: :fusrodah:

The big, large world of writing is a dangerous place indeed.

Mercenary Lord and Strife like this.
  6. Canine

Canine Astral Cartographer

Do you guys plan on doing much in the game as a clan when it's released? If so, I would be glad to join. I'd also be more than happy to partake in any RP'ing you guys may do, if you'll have me.

nababoo likes this.
  7. We may do some fun activities as a clan, like a server or something. I dunno what exactly. But feel free to join!

8. Vizendel

Vizendel Pangalactic Porcupine

It would certainly be fun if we had a roleplaying server to ourselves.

Because Starbound has a director mode it would be nice.

nababoo likes this.
  9. Hehe, I can already imagine the endless stories that can be conceived by players through director mode... ^^

nababoo likes this.
  10. I'd lead you guys through a spaceship filled with all kinds of nasty monsters and blow it up when you're about to reach the last treasure.

It'd be funny, no?

Keeper likes this.
  11. It sure would.

I would be quite interested if these adventures could be saved and then shared with the community. If you guys are aware of Spore: Galactic Adventures, it's sort of the same concept - people create a story/game and others can experience it. We could create our own stories, adventures, factions, scripts, characters, etc. and then allow others to play in those universes. :p Sort of a quest maker.

That's just speculating, of course. As far as I know, director mode will only allow real time interactions.

nababoo likes this.
  12. slaticus

If you drop a nuke on me, real time director mode or not, I will not be pleased.

King Piggy and nababoo like this.
  13. Canine

Canine Astral Cartographer

That sounds good to me. I imagine the director mode could be rather amazing in the right hands.

nababoo likes this.
  14. :rofl:

15. slaticus

DON"T PLAY WITH MY TEXT!

16. AFHSFHJDHKHFGHDJGHJH NO ALERTS ERGNJFDHLZKFGJHNFGDHMGJH

In other news, we have our first official member! Please welcome Vizendel, our Lord Regent. He passed the screening with flying colors, and is a full member of the Order. No idea what that entails, but it sounds fancy! :)

nababoo and Small Lady Pandora like this.
  17. Welcome, Vizendel. Nice to meet you. ^^

18. To answer, I think we might be available as chroniclers of other clans adventures. That might be fun. We'd require...payment, of course, but...yanno.

Canine and nababoo like this.
  19. That'd be amazing for roleplay servers! For some "epic" level quests, I imagine a director would be awesome to have. Similar to a DM, sorta, but better.

Keeper likes this.
  20. Vizendel

Vizendel Pangalactic Porcupine

Thank ya kindly.

nababoo likes this.