1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated The Ikuul v0.1.5 Alpha - [UNSTABLE]

Adds a whole new race to Starbound!

1. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

FlyingAnonymoose submitted a new mod:

The Ikuul - Adds a whole new race to Starbond!

Read more about this mod...

2. seppucrow999

seppucrow999 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The game crashes when you die as of the first release.
    Just letting everyone know.
    We will try to fix asap but it depends on when it can be worked on.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  3. SleepySquidd

4. ambientmzre

ambientmzre Void-Bound Voyager

So what are the Ikuul? :p

5. seppucrow999

Well, here, here is my description of them on their pilot thread: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/the-ikuul-a-project-underway-need-help.76079/
    I can add on to it a little here too. :)
    They are a race of aliens hailing from a desert planet that's surface was hollowed with great caverns that were illuminated by organic glowing crystals and bio-luminescent flora and fauna. They are highly advanced, builders of giant cities and monuments in their glory days, and believe they knew their gods through the link they had to the crystals and their energy. Each clan was much like a race in human society, and usually came from some particular region on their planet. There was hardly any difference in the species but horn style and eye color, as they dwelled underground most of their lives, so skin color remained the same.
    That's them in a nutshell, if you would like me to explain anything more, feel free to ask ^^

6. ambientmzre

so why is there only one on a mission? and what is said mission? just wondering, lol sorry if im bugging you :p

7. seppucrow999

Nah its okay. It's still a work in progress

There's only one quest line because their world collapsed in upon itself, so basically your out there on your own and trying to survive like the other starbound races.

We might change it and add a mission for establishing a colony at some point though

8. SleepySquidd

Alright, the mod should be properly working now! There were some errors when uploading here to the forums, but I believe I have it sorted out!

9. ambientmzre

that would be sweet! i cant wait to see the armor tiers too, it is an awesome concept, and i cant wait to see more added to it, good luck, i would offer help if i could but i am not too good with coding lol @seppucrow999

10. seppucrow999

Are you any good at spriting? Because we might need a bit of help with the armor tiers.

LiquidAppleJuice said they would give it a try, however, so if you wouldn't like to undertake that we might be able to get it done anyway.

It's all up to FlyingAnonymoose though. He has most control over this because he is doing the coding and that's the hard work. xD

11. SleepySquidd

I'm the code monkey here ^^. In all seriousness, though, ask Seppucrow about anything related to pixel art, lore, etc. She's in charge of that and I take care of the code.

12. Nickrbts

Nickrbts Void-Bound Voyager

Please tell how me how I can install this mod (Didn't work when I put the 'ikuul.modpak' into the 'mods' folder :confused: )

13. SleepySquidd

Make a folder called "ikuul" and put the .modpak in there

14. Nickrbts

Nickrbts Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks a lot I really appreciate the quick response but what folder do I put the new folder in? (Please can you put that on the main page so other people who might not know will?)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  15. ambientmzre

I am not good enough yet, I am trying to get my friend to teach me how to make sprites, animate, and code :p

16. SleepySquidd

FlyingAnonymoose updated The Ikuul with a new update entry:

Bug fixing & new tool

Read the rest of this update entry...

17. seppucrow999

@shinegameKiNg

all i did was place the modpak in my mods folder, maybe it works differently for some people

Try just putting the modpak in there, instead of in a folder that says 'Ikuul'

it might just depend on your computer or something which way you need to do it

It also requires another mod that allows custom races, i reccomend Moose's Extra Species for that, as i use that one myself as well
    you can find that here: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/mooses-extra-species.1920/

18. shinegameKiNg

shinegameKiNg Void-Bound Voyager

lol I just droped it in and now it works lol love the race fun to play as keep up the good work and make more races ppl lol

19. ne3zy

ne3zy Zero Gravity Genie

this is purple human, maybe he ate too much beetroot :(

20. seppucrow999

With crystalline horns?

come on we just dont have our own clothes yet, give us time :)
    its brand new brutha. Still got things to work on. Like clothing, armor tiers, weapon tiers.. that stuff will make them less human-ey.