1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Great Collection of Starbound Songs and how to put 'em in.

Discussion in 'Musical Instruments' started by Midnight_Blitz, Dec 11, 2013.

1. firekirby135

firekirby135 Big Damn Hero

Yup. Don't worry, one of us does. (hint: It's not me)

2. Rarity

Rarity Pangalactic Porcupine

Any chance we could get an addition to the MLP music files? It's missing Art of the Dress and

My favorite two songs out of all the songs, obviously.

3. firekirby135

Yeah, we will inevitably get to those as well. We will eventually have all the pony songs. However, Midi's getting his CPU upgraded, and I'm transfixed on getting to Tier 10 in Starbound for the time being, so it may be a little while. ^_^"

Rarity likes this.
  4. FishOnHead

FishOnHead Space Hobo

I'd just like to submit my request for Tonari no Totoro whenever you guys can get around to it, in the far future (I've seen how much you still have to work on; I'm surprised you have requests even semi-open).

5. Nienna_orr

Nienna_orr Pangalactic Porcupine

Any chance of getting Yoshi's island Muiscbox Theme

6. SwagaliciousPigeon

SwagaliciousPigeon Void-Bound Voyager

Possibly...
    Right Behind You - Valve (TF2)

7. XenoAlbedo

XenoAlbedo Aquatic Astronaut

Out of curiosity, is Starbound's way of playing .abc files just buggy in its current state? Most of the .abc files I've found sound great in an actual .abc player but the they get quite distorted in Starbound.

8. firekirby135

Some instruments in Starbound have distortions that just make certain songs not work, period. This isn't to say they can't be worked around, but it's a lot easier for everyone if you simply use a different instrument. I've found that the Oboe plays everything that works in the ABC players almost flawlessly.

9. Midnight_Blitz

Midnight_Blitz Subatomic Cosmonaut

ACTUALLY...
    ABC itself is flawed. Starbound isn't using it to its full potential, anyways. You can't use things like staccatos, slurs, etc. They have to be fixed and replaced with other things. Eighth rests in the beginning also don't work if all you do is transpose. The program won't detect the rest and leave it out. (I found this out just now while fixing PSI-Missing. Gotta get this done before I switch completely.)

If they sound great in an ABC player, you may be listening to an ABC 2.1 compatible player. Starbound isn't that. ABC and Starbound don't like eachother at all.

Edit: I have fixed A Certain Magical Index - PSI-Missing's beginning part and have uploaded it. Some parts are still slightly off, but it's the best I can do at this moment.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  10. Waughoo

Waughoo Aquatic Astronaut

I think the first time I get some friends together to fight a boss, I'm going to follow one of them around all day playing "Eye of the Tiger"

11. Midnight_Blitz

I do this all the time. I end up following people around playing Brave Sir Robin and things like that. Only for me to die moments later on higher level planets.

12. FishOnHead

FishOnHead Space Hobo

Did I post that Totoro request before or after you closed requests? Because if after, I'm really sorry that I didn't check the post again before mentioning it.

Furthermore, it wasn't even the song I meant to request. Ignore it entirely.

13. Midnight_Blitz

It'll probably happen either way. When I say requests are closed, I mean "Don't expect them to be done next week".

Update: To Aru Majutsu no Index / A Certain Magical Index - No Buts!! has been released.
    MLP: FiM - Winter Wrap Up has been fixed so that there is no super-long delay in the beginning. This is going to happen to all other songs with this issue.

The files are being re-organized per request, but the organization is subject to change.

Current plans:
    I am putting requests on my end on hold because of computer transfer, and refining the current list. Due to new tricks, I can make a few songs sound better (Add eighth rests in the beginning, etc.)
    I will also be adding Made Bys in every file made by either myself, Kirby, or Delos-X, due to our files being hosted on other sites and mods.
    If I discover any song on there that was transcribed by one of us, I will request a resource link, or removal. Thank you to Partack for leaving the source link, and putting that up there. ^_^

14. Aftcrest

Aftcrest Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A heads up, the Brave Sir Robin is incorrect, it's a copy of the Monty Python theme. Seems there was a mis-copy and paste. Evidence within the .abc file "T:Monty Python melody [Tiano, forums]"

15. Midnight_Blitz

Play it.

Edit: Wait, you're right. That doesn't sound right. It may have been mislabeled after things were moved around. I'll re-upload after we finish editing all the songs with the new "Made by" standard.

16. Aftcrest

I did, hence why I checked the file's content and found the title.

17. Midnight_Blitz

Just edited my post when you said that.

18. Aftcrest

I was actually about to edit mine as well to say "it looks like it's a copy of montmelo.abc"

Glad to get this cleared up :D

19. Zarphus

Zarphus Void-Bound Voyager

i myself have done a beautiful conversion from a brinstar midi. it plays best as a duet between a wind instrument and a base guitar.

i have also converted Ballad of the Wind fish from Zelda: Link's Awakening. this one is also a great duet, and this song itself should be used as a good example for multi-instrument songs, as, in the game, you heard it played all throughout the game with a variety of instruments, and then finally near the end with a total of 8 together.

20. Luke824

Luke824 Intergalactic Tourist

These are great! I love them, If you could add more songs from SAO I am a big fan