1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

The Great and Deadly Pausing

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Cindela, May 4, 2017.

1. Cindela

Cindela Void-Bound Voyager

So like the title says I keep experiencing a Pause every 30-120 seconds. i have died numerous times because of it. I have missed jumps many atimes yada etc. I guarantee it's not because my computer is shit.
    CPU. (i forget which it is but it's an AMD quad core 3.6 GHz)
    Ram: 32GB (yeah it's excessive and way more than i can actualy use)
    GPU: GTX TITAN X.(i regret this buy only because i can't play assassins creed on this card, it requiring a specific line of GPU)
    I recently just installed the game after a long break and i enjoy it up till now(I'm just fed up with this damn passing)
    I could not find any one talking about a pause for no reason. It's got nothing to do with too many particle or what ever. it's happened everywhere and everywhen for no reason that i can see.

i've loked for others with the same problem. couldn't find any one talking about a pausing issue that isn't related anything.(i swear ill be walking across my ship and it'll pause for 2 seconds and then ill be on the other side of the ship if i kept holding down the d key, if i don't keep holding the d key i'll not move at all.)

2. Kazmahu

Kazmahu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm encountering the same Isseu. I think what's happening is that the game does "single player" by creating a private server and having your client connect to it locally. This is a perfectly acceptable way to do it while enabling smooth drop-in multiplayer, but for some reason it creates lag spikes. In singleplayer. I've had the same problem for over a year and nobody seems to even want to suggest a solution. I keep playing because it's nowhere near as bad as that but it's incredibly irritating.

3. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

if you're in windows, open task manager and see the CPU and memory usage, and if possible the GPU. if any cap while SB is open, it may be too many things running at once. If SB caps at 2GB memory (2048MB), then its because of 32 bit limitations

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

@NexusTheBrony
    I highly doubt that a 32bit os is running on that rig.

@Cindela
    On what HDD/SSD type is Starbound installed? Any AV software running which scans starbound and/or steam(if it is the steam version)? What other software is running beside starbound?

~ Iris ~