1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

"The Frontier" - Newcomer friendly casual RP server. [24/7]

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by TheWalrusNet, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Slippery Slime

Slippery Slime Big Damn Hero

Sound fun, I will check it out later

2. DantheR1ghtman

DantheR1ghtman Void-Bound Voyager

I played on this server and got drunk with a guy on there. 10/10

3. AndromedaAndCrew

AndromedaAndCrew Space Hobo

What times are the server usually up on?

4. TheWalrusNet

TheWalrusNet Phantasmal Quasar

Mainly GMT daylight hours. The server should be up 24/7 but due to issues it can crash, and I can only restart it during those times. For best results try GMT daytime, but it *should* be 24/7

5. kinoyamizuri

kinoyamizuri Space Hobo

Having trouble connecting, but that could be cause it's so late. I'm excited to join this server, hopefully when I try tomorrow, it will be up.

6. Mikuel

Mikuel Astral Cartographer

Hmm I am finding myself unable to join. It is a shame... But question. As far I understood, Frontier is based on ONE planet. Can we still access our ship? And do we need to make new characters or can I drop in on my main and go on with being Professor bird o.o?

7. kinoyamizuri

kinoyamizuri Space Hobo

I was able to join, but I believe it just crashed

8. TheRedEnigma

TheRedEnigma Void-Bound Voyager

I'm curious to know... Does this server allow mods? And if so, which mods would you approve for the server?

9. Lol999

Lol999 Void-Bound Voyager

Looking forward to trying out this server, i just hope it doesnt crash as much.

10. Ehlek

Ehlek Subatomic Cosmonaut

I can't connect this morning, but I had the same question as Mikuel.

11. L.A.W

L.A.W Orbital Explorer

Is the server down?

12. theultimatenyancat

theultimatenyancat Space Spelunker

cool server!
    This is the only server i have found in the last 3 months!

13. jjzthemanz

jjzthemanz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have found the serb for the best ooc madness, LOOK OUT PPLZ RONIN'S COMING TO GALAXY CITIZEN YOU!!

14. Joaoseinha

Joaoseinha Void-Bound Voyager

New to this server, but here's my first impressions overall:

Pretty nice community size, server was never empty.
    Seems to have good roleplayers.
    For some reason, mob spawns appear to be a lot lower on this server.
    As far as I know, impossible to build anything or have a house currently. Cannot build in Hub world and other worlds currently reset(I think it's due to a bug or memory leak or something).
    However, the thing I noticed the most: VERY hard to get into roleplay. It claims to be newbie friendly and I suppose you could say it is, but truth is, for example, player X roleplays with player Z, Y and W. It's pretty difficult to roleplay with player X since he already has his tight little group, so you often end up having to roleplay alone.
    Also from my understanding at least 70% of the server's roleplay happens in the hub world.

Overall, very nice server but like any server it has it's cons.

15. TheWalrusNet

Thanks very much for leaving your impression! :D The disabled building and such is due to a memory leak, and hopefully one day that'll get fixed and we can have people able to build on other planets, until then unfortunately we have to remain focused on hubworlds that won't get reset often due to the problem.

As for the community, we can't really enforce anything more than we do, we let people roleplay pretty much how they want, so we can't make people be more accepting. Just hang around and get to know people, and you'll start getting into groups or forming your own :)

But i'm glad you had a positive experience, and I hope we can help make it even better over time!

16. Smabadoo

Smabadoo Yeah, You!

I was banned for what somebody else was doing, please help!

17. TheWalrusNet

PM me through the forums or get me on steam, (TheWalrusNet) and I'll take a look at it. It can be hard to make out who's the culprit when it comes to stuff like spamming or crashing the server, and mistakes can easily be made. If this is the case i'll be sure to unban you ASAP

18. Mrs Bartender

Mrs Bartender Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey Goldy the server keeps lagging or kicking everyone for inactivity.

19. Mrs Bartender

Mrs Bartender Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What a nice server you got there Goldy, if only there was a wedding place and market.

20. Rose756

Rose756 Guest

This seems like a cute server! Is it located on the stable or unstable branch? I've been looking to play with new people and have never tried an RP server before, but I'd like to give it a shot!