1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The Epic of Starbound (Writers Needed!)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Yaxlat, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

I was about to mention how being a grammar nazi is against the rules, but then I remembered where I was lurking. Ok, back to lurking for me.

Breather and Yaxlat like this.
  2. Leokins

Leokins Subatomic Cosmonaut

Not sure where you're getting that idea.

AstroBlast likes this.
  3. Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

4. Leokins

If you read through that, you'd see that I've posted on it already.

I was also sarcastically talking about the "Grammar Nazi" part. My signature should be obvious.

5. Application

I'd like to apply for an editing position. In addition to correcting spelling mistakes, I can also change sentence structure and wording to provide the clearest and most coherent story possible (I know all about split infinitives and antecedents and all that other jive no one else paid attention to in English class). Not only is correct grammar a vital part in making a story look professional and worth reading, but editing can also help make the story feel more consistent (especially considering the multiple authors on this one). I would also like to apply for a writing position, as I have experience in writing dialogue and scripts for school, and I believe I can carry that over to traditional story very well. Thank you.

Breather and Keeper like this.
  6. Leokins

I like you.

7. Rydyr

Rydyr Master Chief

APPLICATION
    I want to be a part of this project because it would allow me to implement a lot of ideas that I have had for stories over the last couple of years. Plus, writing for something as epic as a Starbound fanfiction that would be read by many people all over the world sounds absolutely amazing. Being a part of a community effort to make something like this would make me super happy. I live in EMT (GMT-5:00), and I have written some previous fanfictions that garnered some praise, if that means anything. Thanks for the consideration!

8. Yaxlat

Yaxlat Existential Complex

We need someone like you. You're in! I was going to be the main editor, but since you are most likely going to do a better job, you can have that role. I will still make some edits, but it'll be great of you can get your hands dirty with that.

You're in too! I'll add you both to the convo.