1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The Epic of Starbound (Writers Needed!)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Yaxlat, Feb 4, 2013.

1. oblustorm

oblustorm Lucky Number 13

Oh I see, you only stated it was valid, not accepted. And I agree, there's been quite a few applications, it's turned out good.

EDIT: I live in England but it said GMT + 1 was the timezone which I'm not necessarily sure about.

Yaxlat likes this.
  2. Bobo

Bobo Star Wrangler

APPLICATION!Yo, hi, hello! Me not good at english at all... BUT.. I can give a try. No, I would like to do something like this. I don't know, but i think I got something deep in my mind.. I mean writting scenarios, stories something like that. As Idiokracy man said ''The reason I want to do this, mainly because I've always wanted to take part in something that actually stands out in history.''
    Same as me. For sure I have a ''great grammar'' :DD :facepalm: I am from Latvia. Time zone (UTC+02:00) Helsinki, Kyiv, Riga, Sofia, Tallinn, Vilnius. Im closer to Riga.
    I would like to do something new.. Something great. I hope so. .

Yaxlat likes this.
  3. oblustorm

People not good at English might not work well with what Yaxlat is trying to produce but nonetheless, you could be accepted.

4. Yaxlat

Yaxlat Existential Complex

There still much more time ;). Also I think all of England is GMT 0. Same as me :p.

5. oblustorm

Yeah I assumed so. It turns out 5 people have created an application which is actually good since it was only created two days ago.

Yaxlat likes this.
  6. Yaxlat

I don't mind people who aren't good at English. Half of it is the ideas :).
    Cool! We'll see. Because of the lack of English, writing will be slightly difficult, but maybe you can help us with an idea!

7. Yaxlat

Yeah ;).

8. oblustorm

I suppose but like you stated writing will be difficult and it could resort in a lack of strong vocabulary, not like that's bad all the time. Ideas will probably be more beneficial.

Yaxlat likes this.
  9. Bobo

Bobo Star Wrangler

I could spit some ideas. Sure.

10. Yaxlat

Cool. Nice metaphor ;) :p.

11. Bobo

Bobo Star Wrangler

I tried. :rolleyes:

Yaxlat likes this.
  12. Yaxlat

:)

13. Bobo

Bobo Star Wrangler

Are you waiting for applications? :DD

14. oblustorm

So I'm guessing the first chapter is going to set in stone what the story is about, I'm hoping the concept will be cool.

One thing I'm worried is about maintaining a consistent tone of voice in the chapters. I know it's all a great contribution but most chapters will sound different and they might have their different ways of how the story will work unless that's what it's all about. It might not piece together well.

15. Yaxlat

Kind of. Just being lazy, watching videos, and checking on my notifications once in a while ;).

16. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

All the applicants are coming through with a great attitude. Unfortunately I'm not actually here to apply, I'd just really like to read the whole set, it'll be interesting to read.

Yaxlat likes this.
  17. Yaxlat

We will talk about the main bulk of that next week, but here are my thoughts:
    1. The main point about the initial team is to work out what the first chapter is about to see where the story is heading.
    2. One idea I have in mind is that the first chapter will just be an introduction to set out a world, and then each chapter after that is just that person's take on the world, with a basic story guiding the way, but each person can do their own thing.
    3. Another idea is that the story will be very obviously flowing from chapter to chapter, but each person still has their own character.
    We will talk about what we are going to do next week ;).

18. Yaxlat

I hope you wont be disappointed :proper:

Chippo likes this.
  19. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

What if you run out of applicants, will you come back to the old writers and allow them to write?

20. Yaxlat

Of course ;). I might even let an old writer write something if we have applications by the truck load. TBH, I think I wouldn't like it if I only got one chapter, and I feel anyone in the main team would feel the same way. The people who are not in the main team will probably only do one chapter, and not be a big part of the project, and if there is someone who is not in the main team, but is writing several chapters and really digging it, they will be put on the team, so the people from the team will all write several chapters. I hope that made sense :S. I am not sure how many people I want though. I guess it will depend on the amount of applications.