Race The Dread

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Lobo, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Fishman

Fishman Master Chief

I think it's fair to point out that a glaring flaw with this has to be the absence of anything but exclusively-Human Skeletons-- in a universe full of everything else. I mean the effort is definitely there but whether or not that alone can carry the weight seems dicey.

We are in need of a Zombie race even less than we are in need of Zombie mobs.

Lobo likes this.
  2. Sekrasus

Sekrasus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is wonderful! You have my support, Lobo!

Lobo likes this.
  3. JennShii

JennShii Pangalactic Porcupine

Spooktacular!

T̵̬̪̹̱̣̰̪̓̒͛̏̋̊̍H̸̹̩͕̦͇ͯ̇ͤ̈́ͯ̒͛̒͘E͓ͮ̔͂̏ͧ̈́͜͝ ̙ͨ̂̔ͬ̽͠R̪̈́͗̓̈ͧ͗ͭI̶͈͚̝̎́͜Ḑ̬̠̠̯̺̬̥͍͚̂̓̐̽̚E͌ͥͯ̕҉͉̜͇ ̨̬̦̘̲͕̅̆͛̾͠N̴̖̗̞̻̱̠̣̳ͯͬȄ̠̯̤̯̭̙̪̤̓ͯ͟͝V̸̨̛̟͙̖̓͋́̓ͭ̔ͤͅĔ͓͙̌̒̑̒͢ͅR̄̍̄͊̈ͬ̚͏̢̥̮̘̝̱͍̭̳́ ̬̤́ͯͭͤ͝E̬̒̏́͡N̺̘̩̩ͭͣ̕D̢̲̲̥̗͆ͪͬ͒̐ͧͅṠ̘̦͕̙̭̱͕͙͆̐ͨ͂͢!̶͖͎̬͌̾͗̑̋̅!̜͎̭̯̠͖̲̤̾̃ͭͥ̾̿͌ͤ͋

WoxandWarf, Model QT-377665 and Lobo like this.
  4. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

uh... You use a lot of difficult words!
    Sorry if I misunderstood what you said, cause my english isn't too good :lolwut:

You mean, the flaw with this race is that it's focused only in "adding skeletal beings" and it would add nothing more than it to the game? :unsure:
    If so, I must say that "adding zombies" wasn't my main idea about this race, but adding PIRATES! ;)
    AFAIK, the only mention to pirates in SB till now is a bunch of speculations about Hylotls being pirates, and hylotl are confirmed to be oriental based, wich is a problem to me, since my favorite pirate cultures are the european/caribbean ones
    That's why I suggested this, a "traditional" pirate race! The skeletal looking was decided later, my 1st option was to make 'em lizard men :rofl:

Sekrasus likes this.
  5. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

What's better than space pirates? Oh, look. Undead space pirates.

renato1402 and Lobo like this.
  6. Model QT-377665

Model QT-377665 Ketchup Robot

I think he was more referring to that the skeletons we only Human-like, and not alien skeletons

Fishman likes this.
  7. zanthal

zanthal Existential Complex

I still think this should get put into the actual release.

But ah well, if it has to be a mod, then it has to be a mod.

No developer comment yet, I see

8. LarryTheLastStarfighter

LarryTheLastStarfighter Astral Cartographer

Dude this is soo awesome! Plus the concept of pirates is perfect for some reason piartes and space just go together maybe because space is kinda like the ocean...

9. SpaceHyena

SpaceHyena Zero Gravity Genie

I love the amout of work put into this idea. This makes it hard to complain about. I like it, and undeon/pirate race. Could be interesting. Could lead to a scavanger kind of gameplay. I approve! :D

10. Flying Potato of Doom

Flying Potato of Doom Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Im an aprrove and I pirate this idea

11. SpaceHyena

SpaceHyena Zero Gravity Genie

Doesnt that mean you illegaly posses his idea now?

Lobo likes this.
  12. TaintedAntidote

TaintedAntidote Orbital Explorer

Indeed it does. But that aside I like this idea for two reasons.
    1. Pirates are awesome!
    2. It means I can play the likes of Captain Harlock.

13. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

Oh hey! I'm surprised I never found this before, really like the idea.

14. zanthal

zanthal Existential Complex

Batten down the hatches and man the mizzenmast, we're heading into stormy weather maties! AARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

With that said, are you ready to mod this in Lobo?

15. Forever

Forever Phantasmal Quasar

This would work much better as an NPC faction than a race.

16. Nimja

Nimja Pangalactic Porcupine

This would be lovely both as an NPC faction as well as a race.

As for the name; 'The Dread' rolls off the tongue very nicely and isn't as boring as "El Zombie Race" or "Moritari Regenerare" (the regenerating dead)

The best names are short, punchy, to the point and memorable. Simple as this name may be, this fulfills all those criteria :) So congratulations!

17. fabledClockwork

fabledClockwork Subatomic Cosmonaut

While I probably wouldn't be one myself, I really like the idea of duking it out with people playing as zombie pirates, and Monkey Island roleplays should be a thing. Support!

18. Goopy

Goopy Space Spelunker

This is pretty awesome. Very impressed by your hard work. This should be incorporated into the game!

19. Hound-of-Tindalos

Hound-of-Tindalos Starship Captain

Hmm I really enjoy the stereotypical undead pirates given an awesome sci-fi spin and being completely normal biologically. This has my support

Lobo likes this.
  20. Mills

Mills Phantasmal Quasar

This needs to be a thing. This has my support.

Lobo likes this.