Race The Dread

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Lobo, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Camera

Camera Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah, then that leaves me with one question: How does the one without limbs float? (The one illustrated, but I guess that may be just for show)

I'd help if I weren't so busy! I'll probably get something done for you though.

2. Donseluke

Donseluke Phantasmal Quasar

It has been mentioned that mods will be supported and made easier to be made compatible with starbound. After i am done with my permadeath mod and such... I will definitely take this up if the team can't integrate it themselves.

3. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

The one with the lamp? aw, he's not floating, he's supposed to be somehow attached to the wall...
    is my art this bad? :notworthy:
    LOL
    yay! You're the one behind the drale, right?
    I love your spritework! if you make me something i'll be so happy! :DD
    yay! modders are always welcome here! :giggle:

4. BluPixelz

BluPixelz Aquatic Astronaut

wow, this is areally great idea! and i like the concept art!, it kind of reminds of reavers in firefly

renato1402 and Lobo like this.
  5. TypicalTulley

TypicalTulley Scruffy Nerf-Herder

6. SeaMichelle

SeaMichelle Some Sort of Weird Fish Princess

My only problem with this suggestion:
    Every game has an "undead" race. What is there, besides being pirates, that sets them apart from every other undead race?
    The cool thing about Starbound races is how unique they are. Flower race? COOL! Plasma race? COOL! The ONLY race Starbound has that ISN'T original is Humans. But, come on. Humans are standard.

renato1402 likes this.
  7. CookieEpic

CookieEpic Pangalactic Porcupine

I would totally choose this if it became a race.

Totally.
    And now to fantasize about playing as the dread for a few hours

Lobo likes this.
  8. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

They're not undead... :notworthy:

9. SeaMichelle

SeaMichelle Some Sort of Weird Fish Princess

Ghoul-based races in general are pretty standard in games. My point is, Starbound is too unique to have more than one standardized race imo. It's the same reason that I wouldn't want to see cat people, or dwarf people, as examples.
    ^Just opinion. Not fact.

10. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

yup, I get your point...
    But give my guys a chance! X3
    sometimes, when you try to introduce only unique features, this can lead to a limitation, because some non-unique features would fit well :D
    non-race wise, the devs are implementing non-unique stuff, like the traditional 2d side-scrolling gameplay, block by block terraforming, ninja rope mechanics, and much more.
    What is making starbound really unique IMO is not the fact that a lot of features are unique, but the way how a lot of well known mechanics are being implemented together in a unique way :giggle:

maybe, just maybe... if a race of (okay, let's call them) undeads is well thought enough to fit the lore, the overall feeling of the game, and we look at them with other eyes, don't you think they could even do better than races with an "unique" concept? *-*
    I'm sure they can, at least, do better than humans :rofl:

anyway, thanks for the feedback!

SeaMichelle likes this.
  11. Passarbye

Passarbye Phantasmal Quasar

Great suggestion! i like it! :iswydt:

Lobo likes this.
  12. BrenSage

BrenSage Pangalactic Porcupine

This is a really good idea, lots of details, and, with awesome, err, ArrrrrrrrtX3! Reminds me HEAVILY of Pirates of the Caribbean :)

Lobo likes this.
  13. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, it happens that I'm a HUGE fan of POTC :rofl:
    but that's just a coincidence, right? :whistle:

BrenSage likes this.
  14. NinjaHobo

NinjaHobo Aquatic Astronaut

i need this :mad:

Lobo likes this.
  15. Camera

Camera Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

Added some more details and made it thinner.

renato1402, Lobo and IronLotus like this.
  16. CaptainMcManface

CaptainMcManface Pangalactic Porcupine

This is a great idea, i can tell you've put a lot of effort into it, and it's super cool! :up:

Lobo likes this.
  17. wellerdta

wellerdta Astral Cartographer

Pirates.. always cool to have around!

Lobo likes this.
  18. lukeib618

lukeib618 Void-Bound Voyager

i want to outdo them
    out-drink and out-steal them
    and be completely unnoticed while stealing :sneaky:

19. DrEvol1898

DrEvol1898 Void-Bound Voyager

Pretty kewl :D! Really nice idea i have to say. kinda reminds me of Pirates of the caribbean :p.

20. Model QT-377665

Model QT-377665 Ketchup Robot

Well if you're worried about the name for the Race, I'd suggest you look into old mythology, ghost tales, Google Translate, etc. Those seem to be good sources for good names though I'd lean more toward Mythology and Ghost Tales if I were you, maybe give them a type of Ghost name or something, Geist doesn't sound bad but I suggest you choose a name you like though The Dread is not a bad name

Lobo and BrenSage like this.